deserve better

Song Minho Drabbles

 

 

“Oh come on!” He groans, his arms over his head when he sees you huff past him towards the door.

“Don’t do this to yourself.” The sharp gush of air smacks your face as he slams the door shut before you could even make it out.

“Do what exactly?” You snap, glowering at him and to be quite honest, you were appalled by the behaviour he insisted on tonight.

“Act like you’re okay when you’re not.”

Of course he would find out eventually, heck he might have known from the minute you called him asking if it was okay to drop by at 1 am in the morning. He knew you well, the most out of anyone else and it would be a lie to say that you weren’t the tiniest bit afraid. Minho could point out it was you in the room with him solely from the way you breathed for all you know. 

Which was why you were here in the first place— he was the only one you could go to. A sign that you carelessly brushed off, a sign that should’ve triggered a red light because you have a boyfriend —well had, seeing how things have spiraled down beyond your control tonight.  

“Will you just drop it? How many times do I have to say it, I’m fine, Minho. Now please, move.” He didn’t budge no matter how hard you tried to push him away, catching his jaw tensing at how stubborn you were being.

“I say this a lot, but look, he’s not good enough for you.” He says, lips twitching upwards in distaste at the mention of another man.

Your eyes bore into the heavy metal door from over his shoulders, his words catching you off guard even when you’ve heard it countless times before.

“You deserve—”

“Someone better, I know.” You look him dead in the eye and he didn’t expect your matter of fact tone.

“But it’s not you, Minho.”

At this point, the defensive look on his handsome face fizzled and in its place, disappointment stood.

“I know, I know that.” He blinks a few times, lashes dusting his flushed cheeks when he looks down as he speaks. It took every fiber within you to stop yourself from taking him into your arms right then, realizing a little too late that you’d hurt him more than you already were.

“But I’ll try, unlike him, I’ll try every goddamn day until it’s me.”

Minho reaches out shakily, placing a rough palm under your cheek and you hated how he looks at you this way, they way friends shouldn’t be.

“Are you satisfied with the mess you’ve created out of me?”

A million questions filled his half lid gaze, unsure of what to make of to what you just asked him.

“What do you mean?”

You wanted to say that he was the only thing that felt right, the only thing that you didn’t want to risk losing all for a mess of feelings that you believed to be only temporary. Yet Minho was a contradiction on his own, he made you want to believe that it wasn’t just temporary, that it would be a lifetime’s worth. And this messed you up in all ways you didn’t think was possible.

“I can’t lose you too.”

 He cups the back of your head a little too quick, his warmth crashing into you when it was him that takes you in his arms.

“You won’t, I won’t let you.”

//