bestfriend?

Song Minho Drabbles

 

 

“When’s your flight?”

Minho snaps you awake from a daydream, catching you blink a few times and he smiles finding the moment rather innocent. You were always lost in your own reverie and he’d long accepted that he could never know what it was that had your full attention.

You seemed to have missed his question, “When do you leave?”

He joins to lean against the balcony’s railing, holding out a cup of coffee that you didn’t need to ask for. You take it in with sweater clad hands and the happy crinkle in your eyes was always your way of thanking him without saying a word.

“In two days.”

He nods slowly, quick to ignore the small tug in his chest, eyes following the cup raised to your lips that he swore just broke out into a subtle smile.

“What?” He squints at you, and you mumble something that sounds like you’re going to miss me, you know that right?

Minho breathes out a short laugh, flicking his tongue on his lips when he turns to face the city lights twinkling beneath you and him.

“I will. More than you’ll miss me.”

He could feel your stare on him but he kept his gaze forward, no longer fazed at the blatant words that spoke of his feelings for you. The one that you couldn’t return.

“Lighten up, sour sally.” You poke an elbow to his arm, “How do you know that?”

“I dreamt about you last night.” He says, failing to fight the smirk growing on his lips and he already knows what’s coming for him.

“You sure did!”

Minho was in fit of giggles, curling himself defensively from the thrashing of your legs attacking his. 

“Yah! It’s not like that!”

“Oh yeah? Enlighten me.” You narrow your eyes and his teasing tone disappears, realizing that maybe he should have kept his mouth shut.

“It’s nothing, never mind.” He shrugs, looking away once more. The night’s air hung with a million doubts and stifled feelings, and all of them were his.

“You can’t do that, you gotta tell me now.”

He was left staring at the cup of coffee in your hands when you slide closer to him, tilting your head to face him better. All it took was the bat of your eyes and a pout to have him weak in the heart.

“It was just you, being around. You know how dreams are, you can’t remember much.”

It was a lie. He remembered every detail from the freckles on your back, to how your lashes looked like against the sunlight.

And how it felt like to wake up to new mornings with you.

“Yeah, you can’t.” You say, seemingly back to your thoughts as you stare blankly to the cityscape.

“I should go.”

“Already?” It came out rash and quick, and Minho was left surprised at his own question.

“You know how bad I feel, Minho-ah.” You smile, almost sadly, “As hard it is to believe, I don’t like being away from you too.”

You’re my bestfriend, he’d memorized your words every time you leave and it never got easier.

“You’re my bestfriend-”

And there it was.

“Stay over.” He was increasingly forward and blunt, but he didn’t care. It’s been too many times, more than he could bear.

“What?”

“You’re not leaving until the day after, so why can’t you stay with me?”

“You know why, Minho-ah.” You avoid his gaze and Minho bites back his tongue, of course he knew why and it only made him feel tier about the situation.

He sighs, gulping back his regret, “Yeah, I’m sorry. You should go, he’s waited long enough.” 


//