holiday

Nam Taehyun Drabbles

A/N: This was for a sentence prompt which was "Stop with the tongue thing, it's strangely attractive." and "Are you trying to ?" request :)
 


It wasn’t so strange to come back only to be greeted by silence; Taehyun always had his own agenda, be it cooped up in yet another song writing session or experimenting with the new acrylic paint set he just hauled.

But this was different since you weren’t technically coming home. You wish it was because this place is simply magical. The kind you only see in magazines, or that one travel vlog with a few hundred thousand likes, too surreal to even think of and yet here you are.

For as long as you could remember, Taehyun was always the one to shower you with gifts in the most unsuspecting ways. You’d given up confiscating his card because he just had his ways. He refused to spill a word, letting you to find out on your own at the airport’s check-in counter, and even then the place sounded so foreign to your ears. How typical of him.

He’d left the windows open and you catch glimpses of the private pool as feather light curtains danced against the fleet of ocean breeze. There were signs of him around the villa, like his open laptop sinking in the mess of duvet over the unmade bed and the pen bookmarked sketchbook lying next to a half filled cup of coffee by the quiet, reading corner.

You spot something unfamiliar, something that was surely not there the last three days of your getaway. A smile creeps up your face and you roll your eyes zestfully at the note he left, taped to a giant colourful nerf gun that probably had a ridiculously fancy name.

Prepare to get your kicked. This is your weapon, sweetheart.

It explained why he opted skipping the spa, initially thinking that it wasn’t his thing but now you know why. Although you weren’t fully sure if he’d stuffed the toy, which was most likely gifted by Song Minho, in one of the suitcases or if he actually took a trip down town to purchase it. Taehyun was frustratingly sneaky and to think that after all these years you’d have him figured out, you don’t.

Swinging the water gun under your arms, you toe off your sandals eagerly, an infectious smile bursting on your face. The place was big enough for the both of you to scamper around, perfect for a few battle rounds of a messy water fight. The sun had kissed the wooden deck warm, making you tiptoe carefully across the shadowed space of the poolside while you survey the outdoor garden for any signs of him.

The sound of the water lapping over the pools edge surrounds you, and it reminds you of the first evening you were here, soaking in quite a spectacular view of the endless coastline during the golden hour. The sunset was breathtaking, so much so that it had interrupted the song Taehyun strummed on his guitar, undoubtedly stealing the spotlight away all to itself.

The thought must have wavered your focus, almost tripping over your own feet when the first attack drenched the back of your t-shirt and your front when you twist around out of reflex to see Taehyun, clearly and utterly amused.

“You. !”

He laughs, cowering as he retreats quickly when you fire back a generous amount of water from your end.

“Tell me something I don’t know, dollface!”

It only made you charge at him passionately, still spouting streams of water onto his as he scurries away all sorts of delighted. You gladly take the chance when he nears a corner of the lush garden, sprinting with all your might to push him towards a dead end.

Taehyun spins around, already shooting out the liquid ammo as he does so and the string of water flies at you, dousing your cutoffs this time round. He pays no mind to your screeching, quick eyes alerting him to a tiny space, crouching through it as he escapes your attack.

You were past calculating your target, aiming your shot at all directions because Taehyun was practically just everywhere. He was choking his laughter, unable to contain his amusement and his knees buckled, letting himself fall onto the grass. Breathless, you slump down, sprawling your legs as you try to catch your breath and you see him roll onto his back, propping on both elbows to eye you from a distance.

He was still dressed the same way when you left him this morning— sans the vest, with a pair of dark, skinny jeans. It would be a lie to say that you didn’t find it rather attractive, the way he leers at you this way. You weren’t exactly a fan of his new diet regime, the soft of his stomach no longer there but you didn’t complain, not that you could anyway.

Taehyun rolls his tongue inside his cheek, pink teasing out on the corner of his lip. His heavy gaze transfixed on you and even from here you note the tinge of lust darkening his eyes.

“What?” He asks coyly, not sure why because he sure as hell knew the answer. What a ing tease.

Stop with the tongue thing, it’s strangely attractive.

A pleased smile twitches his lips and he tilts his head to the side, motioning you to come over to him.

“No. Look how wet you got me, Tae.” It was too late to realize a whole different meaning to what you just uttered, and he clamps his teeth to his lip, fighting a bigger smile.

Are you trying to ?” He rakes his fingers through his damp hair, brushing them over his head and he hops up to his feet, trailing his way to you and holy mother, he’s y.

At this point, you straightened up, lifting your knees to shuffle back and you following his stare, boldly roaming every inch of you but your eyes.

Tsk, is this what you had in mind, Nam Taehyun?” You kick the toy gun meekly to the side as you continue to retreat when he closes in the distance.

He shrugs innocently, dropping to his knees and sends a wave down your back when he whispers blissfully into the crook of your neck.

“Maybe.”

//