Status: Under Observation

Perfect Secretary

How can a man have hands as small as his?

 

Sehun was aware he was staring. Again. But he really just couldn't help but stare as Jongdae arranges folders after folders of materials from Sehun's desk. He can finally see the wood of his table. It had been a long while since he did. After all, he considers it an organized mess and he can very well locate the files he needs when the time calls for it.

 

He had stopped letting his secretaries touch his table after the first three had tried to hide some files just so Sehun will come looking for them afterwards.

 

This time though, he has no problems with Jongdae organizing the files, well maybe except for feeling awfully guilty that his small hands had to move the files that Sehun allowed to grow in size due to the lack of a proper secretary to keep them in order. The young president released a quiet sigh as he did his best to stop staring at Jongdae as he meticulously worked, totally unaware of Sehun's undivided attention on him, unlike earlier today.

 

"Good morning, Mr. Oh. I am Kim Jongdae, your new secretary."

 

You don't see someone this beautiful waiting in front of your office everyday, especially not someone who is also telling you that they will be your new secretary starting today. So of course, Sehun stared. For a good long while. A really long while. Long enough until he noticed one delicate eyebrow was raised in a curious questioning angle, and a pair of upturned lips pursed in very much the same way.

 

"Is there something wrong, Mr. Oh?"

 

That should have shook Sehun out from whatever trance he was in. It should have. But it didn't. He just continued to stare, taking in additional details he might've missed when he looked earlier. 

 

There was the sound of someone clearing their throat from behind the Oh president, which seemed more effective at waking Sehun up.

 

"Is there anything wrong, Sehun?" Junhee asked. Today, she's in a smart looking black dress with a white top coat. She looked at Sehun, then to the man still awkwardly standing in front of the president's office, then back at the young president. "Have you met Jongdae?"

 

Sehun merely looked at Junhee, then back at the man called Jongdae, then back at the female secretary before giving a light nod.

 

"I hope everything's okay? I told Jongdae that you needed a secretary ASAP and he agreed to report to work today so I brought him over." She has a worried look on her face which spurred Sehun into action, finally finding his words after being lost in his own world for a while.

 

"Yeah! Fine! Everything's fine. Thank you for the help, noona."

 

There was a light sigh, a sign of obvious relief passed through Junhee's face and a quick look at Jongdae told Sehun that the slight sag of the other man's shoulder was also due to relief.

 

"Well, I need to leave now. I still have things to do in the office. Bye." Junhee waved at her friend, then to Sehun and walked with minimum noise with her high-heeled black shoes.

 

Before turning to completely face Jongdae again, the young president collected himself enough to keep himself in check. Obviously, staring at his new secretary won't get them moving to work. And it certainly wouldn't look good on his part if Jongdae filed him as a weirdo for his first impression of his new boss. When Sehun did turn, he immediately noted that the wrinkles at the corners of Jongdae's eyes weren't present anymore. His smile was gone, replaced by a more professional expression which Sehun greatly appreciated. They can work like this. Yeah.

 

He walked towards Jongdae and stopped at more than an arm's length away from the man. Now that he was this close, it became clear that his new secretary is a lot shorter than him, maybe around the same height as Junhee if she isn't sporting her signature high heels. 

 

"As you may have already known, I'm Oh Sehun, and I'm the current president of this company. Nice to meet you, Kim Jongdae."

 

Sehun held out his right hand which was shook a second later by, Sehun quickly noted, a relatively much smaller hand than his. He also saw four small dots at Jongdae's right eye. Moles. Four moles lined from his eyelid going to his eyebrow. His mind quickly filed it in the growing list of what makes Jongdae beautiful.

 

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Oh," Jongdae replied as he offered a small but professional smile. The shorter man let Sehun's hand go casually. None of the intentional hold to prolong contact. None of the meaningful smile directed at him. Just brief, professional, and necessary contact. The president was clearly appreciating the noticeable difference.

 

"Just "Sir" will be fine. "Mr. Oh" is a bit mouthful," Sehun offered.

 

"Certainly, sir."

 

"Well, I think you've already found your desk," the president said after noting the  backpack at the foot of the secretary's table. It looked big, and Sehun's mind immediately conjured up images of Jongdae with his small frame, carrying the big black backpack, looking like he's going to his first day of school. It was an amusing thought.

 

"Ah, yes," Jongdae said, following the direction of the president's eyes.

 

Sehun quickly snapped out of it. He was getting distracted again. Plus, they're in the middle of a conversation. He can't have his secretary thinking that he's someone who gets lost in their thoughts a lot. As he refocused his eyes back at Jongdae, he saw another mole around his right ear lobe. Another item filed in the list. 

 

"May I see the files and documents I'll be handling and also the necessary schedules I would need to organize? Junhee informed me that you needed me to report to work today, so I am very much eager to start."

 

Jongdae's tone was both polite and professional and yet indifferent. It drew a clear line about their relationship being well within that of an employer and employee.

 

Sehun was about to nod and answer yes, but remembered how much of a mess his table currently is. He didn't even have time to at least close the folders, or separate the finished files from the untouched ones. The small notebook where he was keeping a list of his schedules was also buried somewhere in there, which he still couldn't locate. Everything was still in chaos. He hadn't tidy it up in a more presentable manner. Well, he certainly didn't expect to have a secretary arriving in front of his office the following day either.

 

Flustered, he halted his answer to come up with some sort of an excuse to have enough time to at least tidy up his office a bit.

 

"If you're thinking of trying to buy yourself some time to tidy up your office, you don't have to worry sir, I have been properly warned," Jongdae said with an amused smile. "Also, I think it would be better if I do it. This way I can organize it in my own way, since I'll be handling them anyway."

 

Sehun could see the cracks on Jongdae's professional expression. He looked genuinely amused with seeing his boss flustered over the mess he wanted to hide.

 

With an embarrassed scratch at the back of his head, Sehun lead the way to his office and promptly took a deep breath before opening the door.

 

There was a barely contained chuckle next to him and he found himself loving the sound of the soft laugh.

 

"I'm sorry," Jongdae apologized through a smile he still wasn't able to wipe off, and proceeded to cover half of his face with the back of his hand, a clear sign of embarrassed amusement. 'How can someone pull off this cute look?' Sehun mentally asked.

 

"It's fine. I know it looks more like a paper drive took place here than actually being the president's office." 

 

There was a more lighthearted and less restrained laugh this time, but Jongdae's hand remained covering his lips and Sehun wished he hadn't hid it. He kind of wanted to see how Jongdae's upturned lips would look like when he laughs. He wanted to see it just because of mere curiosity and not because he wanted to see how pretty Jongdae would look when he laughs.

 

"I won't argue with you there, sir," Jongdae replied jokingly. "Now..." The newly employed secretary of the Oh Corporation made to his black office suit, revealing a white button down long sleeve tucked in his dress pants, which accentuated his slim waist, a lot slimmer than what Sehun imagined. "... this will take a while," He then proceeded to roll the sleeves of his shirt before picking up the first paper on the top most pile. "... so please take a seat until I'm finished." 

 

Now, after an entire hour of staring, no, watching, Jongdae work and busy himself with those small hands of his, that made Sehun feel awfully guilty overworking after barely five minutes of being introduced as his secretary, with folders after folders and boxes after boxes of organized materials, Sehun finally saw the smaller man clap his hands, a sign that he was done.

 

There was an obvious tone of satisfaction in his voice when he said "I'm done!" to himself, still totally unaware that Sehun had caught every detail of how his lips broke into a huge smile. Jongdae marveled at the materials he had finished arranging, while Sehun marveled at how beautiful Jongdae looked when he smiles.

 

Sehun noted knitted eyebrows and pursed lips again, having another curious stare directed at him. Sehun blinked and realized that Jongdae had caught him staring. Again. There was a slight tilt of a head, which was really adorable by the way, probably Jongdae's way of asking a silent question about his boss' seemingly endless observation of him. Yes, that's right. Sehun was observing. He most certainly wasn't staring. He was observing his new secretary. And he was sure, this urge to observe Jongdae will die down once he gets used to the other's presence.

 

Of course, he couldn't have known how wrong he was about that.

 

-----------------------------------

Akira: And.... that's a wrap for chapter 2 :3 hehe. I'm just getting started Oh Sehun whahahahah Be prepared to be charmed! (Oh wait, he's already charmed) LOL