Status: Too Perfect

Perfect Secretary

Sehun was starting to put on his tie when the message came. He briefly checked the time. Yes. Seven thirty in the morning. It was amazing how Jongdae follows instructions down to the dot. Sehun did tell him to message him the schedule for the day, everyday, at seven thirty in the morning. He just didn't expect Jongdae to really do it right on the dot for the past week.

 

Contract signing with Kim Corp. at 9:00 a.m. at the Kim Corp. Company

Meeting with Mr. Byun at 12:30 p.m. at Park Industries

Approval/Disapproval of project proposals from the Section Heads at 2:00 p.m.

Conference meeting at 4:00 p.m. 

 

Brief, simple, and very professional. No unnecessary messages or even personal notes. Everything is all just what Sehun needs to know for the day.

 

He didn't notice when it had started but suddenly, he isn't the one receiving the calls from everyone. Instead, they all get filtered through Jongdae first, and only the important and those that require immediate answers get to him. He also rarely gets interrupted at work these days. His secretary does a very fine job of organizing even the schedule of those that requires meeting with the president personally.

 

Once he was done with his tie, he dialed Jongdae's number and not even three rings after and his secretary was already greeting him.

 

"Good morning, sir. Is there a problem with the schedule?" he asked politely.

 

"No. There's no problem. But about the meeting with Mr. Byun, is it possible to move that to lunch?" Sehun asked, already making his way out of his house. It wouldn't hurt to spend lunch with Chanyeol and he guessed that their meeting would be fine over a meal.

 

"Ah. I have already asked Ms. Junhee about the probable change in schedule, but apparently Mr. Park and Mr. Byun already has lunch arranged between themselves," Jongdae replied. He tried to sound indifferent but the amusement was there.

 

"So in short, Chanyeol-hyung will ditch me for a lunch date," Sehun deadpanned. He opened his car and got on, switching the call over so he can talk with his secretary while his hands are on the wheel.

 

"It seems to be the case, sir," his secretary replied, even more amused.

 

Sehun wasn't surprised anymore over the fact that Jongdae was one step ahead of him, already having called Junhee even before he asked to. Over the week, he had observed Jongdae's extreme attentiveness and he has more or less mapped out his boss.

 

It made him wonder why he didn't think of getting a male secretary from the start. The past week had been the most unstressful week he had ever since he took over the business.

 

But a part of him also thinks that any other male secretary wouldn't have worked for him. Jongdae has this charm that made him very comfortable to be with and made Sehun place his absolute trust even if the man had been under his company for only a week.

 

He arrived in the office in no time and as he reached the top floor, he was already half expecting Jongdae to be at his desk and he wasn't wrong. He's a punctual employee, something Sehun is very thankful for since he starts the job early as well.

 

"Good morning, sir," Jongdae greeted. His small hands clutched in front of him together in a polite bow. He still looks adorable in his office suit, hiding a small frame and a slender waist, and his eyes still looked as beautiful as the first day Sehun saw the man, but at least the young president had managed to control how long his stare will linger on his secretary.

 

"Good morning. Are the papers for today ready?" Sehun asked. Jongdae moved instantly, reaching for a folder under his neat pile on the table. During times like this, Sehun allows himself to look, unbeknown to the subject of his attention. After all, even if he now knows how to not stare too long, he still liked looking at such a beautiful person like Jongdae.

 

He didn't know exactly why but it fascinates him how readily Jongdae made his office comfortable. The organized mess that he used as an excuse before, doesn't fly very well with his secretary's more than systematic and easy to manage pile. 

 

Sehun had caught the instant Jongdae found the folder he was looking for. His already big eyes widened and his kittenish lips curled upwards into that beautiful smile. He was careful to direct his eyes away from Jongdae's face when the man looked at him to hand the documents he would need to review for today.

 

He took the folder and was about to enter his own office when Jongdae brought a small off-white envelope. "This was delivered just before you arrived, sir," he said, handing the little envelope to Sehun.

 

To Mr. Oh Sehun, Oh Corp. CEO

You are invited to attend the opening of the newest Han Hotel...

 

There was a lot more stuff there but he didn't bother to read everything, instead he turned the card and sure enough there was a message written there in less than neat handwriting.

 

Find a date. Bring them to the party. End of story. 

P.S. Bring comfy clothes. We can play table tennis in one of the rooms hohoho

 

Trust Sanghyuk to mess with the formal invitation. Like Chanyeol, the heir to the Han Corporations, Han Sanghyuk, had been a friend of his since they were young. Although unlike them, Sanghyuk has yet to take over the company and still works as a head of one of the sections of their business. The kid, just younger than Sehun by a year, still has a lot of freedom in his hands and he's dead set on making it count before he gets tied to a huge responsibility.

 

"Should I put that in your schedule, too, sir?" 

 

"Yes, please. And inform them of my attendance," he followed up. 

 

Jongdae nodded and accepted the envelope back. 

 

"Should I inform them too about the identity of your companion?" his secretary asked. 

 

Sehun didn't think much about that. Plus, he doesn't actually have anyone in mind. Well, actually he does but he blamed that on his recent fixation on the smaller man in front of him. He isn't ready to suddenly ask his secretary of one week to accompany him to the party, especially not as a "date".

 

"I haven't decided," he said at last.

 

"Very well, sir."

 

As he finally entered his office, he immediately noticed how clean his table is. Jongdae had clearly collected the finished documents before Sehun arrived. The mess he left last night was also nowhere to be found. Jongdae really is too perfect for him.

 

After he got settled on his chair, Jongdae entered the office holding a tray with a mug of hot coffee. Coffee. Yes. The bane of his otherwise perfect office life. Don't get him wrong. It isn't on Jongdae. Sehun, just for some reason, didn't like the drink. It was bitter, and no amount of sugar can mask the bitterness away. But having had grown in the business all these years, the drink had become a part of his office routine and couldn't quite start anything without it. So here he is again, faced with the only imperfection of his day.

 

His secretary settled the mug quietly in front of Sehun and didn't leave immediately. Usually, once he had delivered the drink, he would bow and turn away to get back to his desk unless Sehun has things to ask or things for him to do. This time though, he just stood there with the tray still in his hands with a look of... anticipation?

 

Still finding the attention unusual, Sehun reached for the coffee and took a small sip. His eyebrows shot up as his eyes widened. He then looked straight at Jongdae, "It's sweet!" he exclaimed.

 

At that, Jongdae broke into a wide unguarded smile that made Sehun almost lose his hold on the cup. His secretary looked proud and genuinely happy, and somehow triumphant.

 

"I asked my brother what I can do to sweeten the coffee. He's a barista by the way," he said as an explanation, still smiling that pretty smile that makes the corners of his eyes crinkle in the most adorable way.

 

"But why?" Sehun asked confused.

 

"I kind of noticed how your eyebrows would knit when you drink the usual brew and figured that you might like it to be sweeter? Because you obviously have a sweet tooth," he explained further, sounding almost fond.

 

Sehun took another sip, more this time and found the bitterness wasn't sticking unpleasantly on his tongue anymore. Unconsciously, he had emptied the cup and when he had finally brought the cup down, he found Jongdae looking both amused and satisfied. "So I take it that you like this cup?"

 

He nodded dumbly.

 

Another kittenish smile later and Sehun had already mentally scratched the morning coffee out of the column that says "Things that make Jongdae less perfect" and found himself thinking again. He's too perfect for me.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Akira: Yow! My cutie SeChen readers! I am back with a new chapter and can hopefully put this back on the road ^^ I hope you enjoyed reading Sehun's everyday struggle~ *peace*