Status: Employed

Perfect Secretary

Sehun was buried in his pile of papers once again. There was too much work. Too many reports to read, documents to approve, and signed papers to be sent to the head of the departments. The worst part, he doesn't even have anyone to sort it out for him.

 

He had just fired his secretary yesterday and he still haven't found anyone to take her place. But then again, he won't survive another day of her attempts at wooing him or impressing him, and more often than not, blatantly seducing him. Yeah, he can survive a day without a secretary better than that.

 

A couple of light knocks pulled him out from his quicksand of reports, documents, and more reports. Raising his head just above the pile of papers in front of him allowed him to see a tall familiar figure leaning on the doorframe of his office door. He didn't even hear the door opening.

 

"Meeting with Park Industries at 3:00 p.m., ring any bell?" the man said as he approached with long elegant strides along Sehun's expensive carpet.

 

The young president dreaded to look at his wall clock, knowing full well that if Chanyeol is already at his office, that means he's very well late for the mentioned meeting. A quick glance allows him to note that it was already a few minutes past 5:00 p.m. Yup, very late.

 

"Chanyeol-hyung, I'm really sorry. Everything is just in chaos right now."

 

"Tell me about it," Chanyeol immediately agreed after a quick look at Sehun's table. "And the desk in front of your office is empty. Again. You fired Ms. Jung already?"

 

"How can I not? She's more of a bother than help!" Sehun complained, finally dropping his pen in what felt like hours, which was pretty accurate considering he started burying himself in work as soon as he finished that single sandwich he had for lunch. 

 

"You could've fired her after finding a replacement," the taller man suggested before inviting himself to sit on the comfortable sofa in the president's office. "You're lucky you're meeting with me," he finished, stretching his long legs on the rest of the length of the sofa.

 

"The deal is still on, right?" the younger asked, stretching his own legs underneath his desk.

 

"Of course it is, idiot! But I'll be demanding for a free dinner. I'm a busy man too, you know," Chanyeol said, a smirk playing on his lips as he regarded the other man. 

 

"Yeah, sure. Shall we?" The back legs of the chair scraped along the marble floors of his office. He can call it a day for now. And he do owe Chanyeol more than a free dinner. The deal with Park Industries is a huge project he couldn't afford to lose. It was a good thing that the young president of the Oh Corporations and the equally young president of the Park Industries had been long time friends, way back from their toddler days.

 

"Free dinner! Yes! Oh, let me notify Junhee-noona first." Chanyeol fished out his phone from his coat's pocket and quickly dialed his secretary's number.

 

"I wish I can find someone like Junhee-noona," Sehun murmured as the elevator continue its descend from the top floor.

 

"Careful with your words, Sehun. I don't want to collect your body at her boyfriend's place," the taller man joked. The numbers on the elevator get lower with each second until it finally reached the bottom floor.

 

"See? This is why you're lucky! You found a great secretary that is not just good with her work, but also pretty and doesn't pin on you because she has a boyfriend more attractive than you are!"

 

"Hey! I'm more attractive than Kris, mind you! And I can woo any girl if I wanted to!" Chanyeol argued back.

 

"Yes, except that you won't, because you're gay." 

 

The two men looked in front of them to see a tall woman, well she would look tall if she wasn't near three men that are all over the six foot mark. She has short brown hair which goes too well with her pale skin, and lips so red you'll think she has lipstick on, but she doesn't. Everyone walking past them all has their heads turned, not just because of the pretty secretary of Mr. Park, but also the collection of gorgeous guys with her.

 

Next to her stood the tallest among the three men, a popular model that is famous not just in Korea but also outside the country. With an almost perfect face and his tall height, he's more than a good catch. But everyone who knows the model also knows how much he's in love with his girlfriend, and he's an extremely jealous boyfriend to boot. And no one can even complain about the pair, because everyone who have seen Junhee and Kris together had thought that they're more than perfect for each other.

 

"Oh well, I should be glad that you are. If you weren't I'd have a hard time finding another job," Junhee followed up before giving her boyfriend a critical look.

 

"Junhee-noona! Just be my secretary!" Sehun all but complained. He was also about to grab Junhee's hands but immediately remembered that Kris is watching and opted better not to, for the safety of his own life.

 

"Sorry, Hun. Already got my hands full with Chanyeol." She looked genuinely sorry. They all know about Sehun's struggle to find a decent secretary and so far the younger hadn't had any luck with finding one. "Anyway, I'll be leaving now. Remember, you have a meeting with Mr. Byun tomorrow for the shipment of the supplies. Don't be late! Mr. Byun hates being kept waiting!" Junhee reminded Chanyeol then bowed to her employer and left with Kris following right after her.

 

"I am so damn jealous! How did you score a secretary like her?!"

 

"You're just picky," Chanyeol commented as he boarded his own car and sat on the driver's seat, while Sehun got in from the other side.

 

"I'm not picky! If they will just do their job properly, and not bother me more than necessary, I'll be fine even if my secretary is a guy!" There was obvious frustration in Sehun's voice as he slumped on his seat. It was a good thing that he's used to wearing a seatbelt because Chanyeol's sudden stop would've sent him off his seat if it wasn't for the safety strap.

 

"What the he--"

 

"That's it!" the Park Industries' president exclaimed.

 

"What?!"

 

"Sehun, that's it. That may just be the answer to your problem."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Get a guy as your secretary! If it's a guy, he won't flirt with you even if you're a good catch," Chanyeol continued to explain in his excitement.

 

"And where would I find a capable guy secretary?" Sehun inquired. Honestly, he only said that out of frustration; about employing a guy. But with Chanyeol explaining it like so, it's starting to sound like a very good idea.

 

"We can ask Junhee-noona if she knows anyone!" Even before Sehun agreed, Chanyeol was already taking out his phone and calling his secretary. "Noona! Guy! I need a guy!"

 

The call was in speaker mode, so Sehun was able to catch Junhee's exasperated reply about Chanyeol's more than misleading request.

 

"Look. I'm your secretary, not your boyfriend finder."

 

"Not that. I mean I need a guy secretary for Sehun!" the older man looked at Sehun for confirmation and the younger just gave a timid nod.

 

"Why so sudden? And why a guy?"

 

"It makes sense doesn't it? It's like I have you as my secretary because I'm gay, so Sehun needs a guy because he's straight."

 

"First off, I am not your secretary just because you're gay. Next, I need to know if Sehun has any characteristics in mind. I don't want to recommend anyone that would get fired within the week."

 

"I'm fine with anyone as long as they do their job well," Sehun answered.

 

"Oh come on, Hun. I know you're pickier than that."

 

Even without seeing the older woman, they both know that she's shaking her head with disbelief.

 

"Okay, then. Maybe someone not bigger than me. I don't want to be intimidated by my own secretary. And I want them to be a neat worker. And someone easy to get along with."

 

"See? Exactly a picky kid. Anyway, I have someone in mind. My friend just resigned from his previous company last week and he's actually looking for a new job. I think he meets your requirements, too."

 

"Resigned?" Sehun had picked up on that particular word, mainly because he's concerned that this person might resign on him, too. He looked at Chanyeol and the older has the similar concern written on his face.

 

"Yes. I can't tell you the reason because it's a personal matter. Plus, it doesn't concern you and it won't happen with you. Actually, both of you will work out perfectly for this!"

 

"...okay? I'm trusting you on this, noona," he hesitantly said.

 

"I'll call him in a while. If he agrees, I'll send you his details, and if you approve maybe he can start next week?"

 

"No! Tell him to come tomorrow! I really need help with everything!" Sehun said over the phone.

 

There was a light laugh at the other end before Junhee spoke again, "Okay. I'll tell him that. I hope he's finally the one you're looking for."

 

"I hope so, too."

 

"Okay, noona! I'm dropping the call now. Thank you~" When the call finished, there was a wide grin on Chanyeol's face as he brought his attention back at Sehun. "This calls for a celebration! And you'll owe me more than just a dinner if this guy works out for you."

 

"I think you meant, I'll owe Junhee-noona," Sehun jokingly said.

 

"Hey!" There was a not so light punch aimed at Sehun's arm as the younger laughed at Chanyeol.

 

The two young presidents had their dinner afterwards and even had some drinks afterwards. And after a tiring day at work today, Sehun had all but forgotten to check his emails to see if Junhee had sent him the details for the new candidate for his secretary, or whether he agreed to work for him or not, or if he's coming to report for work tomorrow.

 

Maybe a quick look at the guy's profile could have prepared him for what he was about to see at his office the following morning. But he wasn't prepared, not in the slightest.

 

Sehun saw the most beautiful pair of eyes that wrinkle at the corners when he smiles, coupled with long eyelashes obvious even from a distance. Lips with ends that curl upwards in a mischievous way. Prominent cheekbones that accentuate the playfulness of his small face. And a small figure even with the bulky office suit he was wearing.

 

In his entire life, Sehun had rarely called anyone beautiful. Even towards girls, he had rarely used that word to describe them. And he certainly had never used them towards a man. But right now, that was the perfect word he can think of to describe the man standing before him, ready to take a polite bow.

 

"Good morning, Mr. Oh. I am Kim Jongdae, your new secretary."

 

Yes, Jongdae is beautiful. Having a male secretary might not end all his problems after all.

 

------------------------------

 

Akira: My first SeChen fic! Oh yes! hahahah :D There's not much SeChen interaction yet, but there will be more in the next chapter~ See you soon ^^