Prologue

Beastly
Please log in to read the full chapter

There is that one single moment that people of my kind always await for with great anticipation and exhilaration. That one single moment defining one’s life after it has ended, opening a new beginning like a filled slate wiped out clean to make room for even more significant things.

The moment you experience it everything stops—like in the movies—and then moves in slow motion. Every single fiber in your body reacts to the strong gravitational pull that will reach out to you and bring forth a warm sensation that will embrace you and pool inside you as if it was to stay.

This warm sensation stays like a mark. An inerasable stain that will remain a constant forever as an irrevocable attraction blossoms towards your chosen muse handpicked for you by fate.

Soulmate.

The moment I met mine it wasn’t the best of days, but because of her it was as if I was finally whole again.

That day I was just thirteen.

I remember it being the day my father died. The same day we held a funeral. A lot of people came; family, friends, acquaintances and some of his workers. Most of them I truly didn’t know, but I greeted everyone along with my mother and older brother.

Dad wasn’t the best father, but he was the only father I would ever have and he took a part of me to his grave. It was saddening that way. A dull ache touched my chest as I soullessly looked at each face that soon became nothing but a grey blur.

The routine sickened me and exhausted me

Please log in to read the full chapter