→ 0.1

° r-adio

c h a p t e r   o n e    x   "n i c e    t o   m e e t   y o u"

 

  ☆⇔☆  

 

 

 Ho Hyorim was b with elation and fear. Hyorim felt elation simply because of the freedom she felt that she was finally going to get to experience. In the female's previous years of her life, she had to live with the rules that belonged to her parents and live under the roof of her parents. A girl like her never found living under another's rules entertaining, in-fact, she found the lifestyle to be prison-like. Ho Hyorim  admired the thrill of adventure, the jubilation of meeting new people that could make her thin, roseate-like colored lips whirl into a grin, and lastly, even though she always deemed that "love was not real", she furtively aspired to fall in love.

 

 

 The girl had attempted to hide the high waves of anxiety that was swirling through her veins and jumping in every inch of her stomach. All of these moonstruck events occurred in her body because of her fear of whoever her roommate was, disliking her. Most of the people she met always found her to be an exciting or interesting person, just by having one conversation. They would always tell her up-front as well. At first she found it as a compliment; eventually that "compliment" turned into an expectation she forced herself to live up to. Hyorim sometimes just wanted to read manga's, study random subjects, and just build a fort out of chairs and blankets and watch Black Butler on her laptop while eating the petite strawberry flavored pepero sticks that she always had a secret stash of. But starting fresh at a new university, she decided she would be her true self towards her new roommate she hadn't even met yet, just so she at least has an escape from acting "adventurous".

 

 

 She walked to the dorm building  to meet her new roommate for the year. Her spaghetti-like legs were quavering, her heart was palpitating, and the thoughts that occupied her head was spiraling like a yo-yo. As mentioned before in the beginning, she was petrified but filled with enthusiasm. Entering the dorm, she took in the new environment with open thoughts. Hyorim could imagine herself brushing her playful hair whilst listening to music. She could imagine herself studying near the small window that held a beautiful view of campus.

 

 

Ho Hyorim was caught stuck in her constant speed of thoughts and countless scenarios she was afraid to fall into. It was so much, that the frightened girl was oblivious to the fact that there was an extremely captivating guy, standing right in front of her. This alluring human being was Jeon Wonwoo [a/n: refer to media if description was poorly written bc #isuckatwriting and #only13]. He had black lustrous hair that arrived a little over his flawless eyebrows, which complimented his impeccable eyes. He also had a dainty nose that hooked over his coral colored lips that perfectly complemented his fair skin. 

 

 

 Jeon Wonwoo gently tapped the Hyorim's shoulder as he gripped his whiteboard. He wrote feverishly onto the whiteboard,  before holding it up."Hello" it read neatly in marker."H-hi."Hyorim responded aloud, her shyness kicking in immediately. If it was not obvious in the previous paragraphs of Ho Hyorim's description, she was not usually "shy". The way Hyorim heard herself  stutter, terrified her; she wasn't used to sounding this demure.

 

 

 Wonwoo was taken back, he was purely shocked at the fact that Hyorim said hello back. He decided that soon she would not talk to him anyways, not making much of a big deal of this. He was a pessimist and it was very hard to change that, considering the fact that he was one since he was young.

 

 

 The pessimist was very introverted, poor with communication skills, yet very intelligent. He didn't like to talk others due to the fact that they never seemed to understand what he was saying;However he was sure he was speaking English. Wonwoo eventually gave up on trying to have actual conversations with humans, this task impossible for him. Unfortunately, after all those years of subtly talking out loud and mostly using a whiteboard, paper, and such else he was shocked to see the girl in front of him sit down on the seat adjacent to him and stare at him to ask."What is your name?"

 

 

 Shocked, the boy's hands were quavering as he moved them to write against the whiteboard. He struggled to make the letters as neat as he could, suddenly feeling his heart beat. A rush went through his veins and his head was filling with a million possibilities . Will she actually be his friend? He knew that the chances were slim to none but it made his heart flutter at the thoughts of having someone to talk to comfortably other than his mother. "My name is Wonwoo ." The boy held up the whiteboard so that the unknown female could read his name. "Wonwoo, huh?" She chuckled to herself silently after  saying his name. His head was spinning, he was sure that a headache soon would come. Wonwoo found it hard not to smile at the girl; the way his name rolled off her lips made him feel an alienated emotion. "My name is Hyorim, it's nice to meet you. " His smile, very contagious, made her smile too. She thought Wonwoo was an adorable character, she liked him a lot and could not wait until they were friends. Wonwoo was thinking the same thing. 

 

  ☆⇔☆  

 

After the two engaged in a game of twenty questions, Wonwoo offered to help her unpack her belongings and she accepted. And so they unpacked everything in a comfortable silence, until Hyorim's iPad-looking-like iPhone began to play her friend's ringtone, which was "You got it" by Super Junior. "Excuse me for a moment, " Hyorim smiled at Wonwoo, pointing to her phone to motion that she was being called. He nodded, a smile spread on his face. He then continued to unpack her belongings willingly. Hyorim walked outside of their dorm in the hallway to answer. Her friend was calling her  and she really didn't want to talk to her, but had no choice but to or else speculations of her dating someone would come up as usual.

 

 

Wonwoo reached a part of Hyorim's stuff that he wished he hadn't saw, deciding to put them back in that bag. He then  grabbed some of her pj's,unsure where to place them considering the fact that she didn't specify where to place pajamas. He decided to go out into the hallway and try to silently ask you using his whiteboard.  "Hey Hyorim! How are you ? Who'd you get paired with for a roommate?" She rushed on the other line leaving Hyorim no time to respond. "Hi, I'm okay.. I got paired with this kid named Wonwoo, he's really quiet and  sorta awkward.. "Before Hyorim could finish her sentence, Wonwoo dashed back into their dorm. He was disappointed that she thought that he was awkward, it lowered his spirits to hear that.

 

 "...he also is really adorable though, everything he does is really cute"Hyorim finished. "Nice, my roommate is loud and crazy, she's really off the walls and wants me to go vandalise places with her so  I gotta go because she's yelling at me." The other girl rushed on the other line before hurriedly ending the call. Hyorim shrugged, then proceeded to walk into the dorm she shared with the boy. He was sitting on the couch listening to a radio.

 

 

    ☆⇔☆    

a/n:

HELLO! I am soohoe/kitokato

I firstly put this book on wattpad, and decided to also put it on asian fanfics! I hope you enjoy

-kitokato