Chapter 4

Do You Dare?

He carried her on his shoulder all the way back to the gang's headquarter classroom on the fourth floor of Seoul High. He gently put her down onto her feet and quicky locked the door with the illegal copy-key made from the principal's key. Sohee rushed to the door, trying to open it only to realize that the doors can be lock from the inside and she would need the key in Jiyong's hand to leave the room. 

"Want this?" He began to walk backward towards the window while teasing her by waving the key in the air. She managed to take a small step before she helplessly watching him throw the key out of the window. 

"Gone." He look at her with his arms crossed and smiled a devlish smile. There was nothing she can do now but grasp a the fact that she was missing her curfew. She was worried that her parents might be on their way to file a lost report at the police station. She look at him in disbelief that such a psychopath exist in real life. She thought these types of people only exist in movies or TV shows. 

"Looks like we're spending the night here.. Just you and me." He began to walk towards her. 

"D-don't! Stop, stop." She extended her arms forming an x as if to create a shield against him. When that didn't work and he was still approaching her, she started to make her way towards the opposite end of the room. "Stay away from me you psychopath!" She shouted.

"Good that you know I'm a psychopath," he cornered her, "because there is no limit to what I do." 

"I'm sorry that I saw your gang activity. I promise I won't tell anyone. Please let me go." She begged.

He chucked at her plead. "You can broadcast the whole incident on national TV for all I care."

"Y-you don't care?" 

To her amazement, he shook his head.

"You will be suspended. Jailed even." She warned.

He responded with his devilish smile that sent chills down her spine. At this point, she was convinced that he was a crazy case. 

"Then what do you want?" 

"Be my girlfriend."

His statement had her paused her pleading. She straighten her body and looked at him dumbfounded. "You. Y-you want me to be your girlfriend?"

He nodded.

His response had her laugh hysterically. She couldn't believe the situation that was happening in front of her. She even thought that this was a possible hidden camera prank.

But she was dead wrong. 

"I'm serious." His words were firmed. He was serious. 

Realized the seriousness in his voice, she stopped laughing and replied. "Well then I'm saying no."

"No." He replied.

"Yes, no." She replied.

"Good." 

"What do you mean 'good'? Why did you say that?" She was confused by his response.

"I said 'no,' meaning you can't reject me. You answered 'yes, no.' Meaning you agreed that you can't reject me, which could only mean that you've agreed to be my girlfriend." 

"Wait, wait. How did you arrive to that logic from what I said?"

"It's logic." 

"That's not normal logic." She insisted. 

"Don't matter. You've already agreed." He relaxed himself in the chair.

Absurded by his irrational thinking, she forgot about the protective wall she had against strangers (and particularly boys), and began to walk towards him. "I said no."

"Can't." 

"Why not?" She asked.

"What's my name?"

She sighed at his narcissism and answered, "Kwon Jiyong."

"That's right. Kwon Jiyong can't be rejected."

His statement had her crossing her arms. "Which law in the great Republic of Korea stated that Kwon Jiyong can't be rejected?" 

"You talk more than I remembered."

She was taken back by his response, realizing that she had left her guard down. "T-that's because I'm making a case agaisnt your one-sided logic." She justified her action. 

"Yeah?" He tilted his head to look at her, she was trying to avoid his eyes. "What's my sentencing for kissing you then?" He had one hand around her waist while the other was pulling her head towards him.

Their lips met once more, and he wasn't letting go this time. She tried all her might to fight against his kiss, but her strength just could not mount to his. 

Without thinking, she punched him in the chest. It successfully had him let go of the kiss, still, it didn't seem to pain him in any way. Instead, she was the one shaking her hand from the pain of the punch she threw. He watched as she whined in pain.

"Can't hurt me, babe." 

"Don't call me that." She warned. 

"And what are you gonna do about it?" He challenged. 

His question had her realize that there was in fact nothing that she could've done against him. She's a tiny girl with no muscle strength, and he was the leader of his school's gang. She was helpless against him. 

"Stop kissing me!" 

"Why?" 

"Because I'm saving it for my husband." She wasn't sure why she answered him so truthfully, but she did. 

"Ha. Ha. Ha!" His laughs came immediately.

"It's not funny. Stop laughing!" 

"You're fine, because you won't marry anyone else but me." He got out of the chair and started to made his way towards her. "Treat this as practice." She turned and tried to get away, but it was too late. He had her back against the wall and began to kiss her again, and again, and again. She didn't try to resist, simply because she know she can't. So she just closed her eyes and let him kiss her until they were both grasping for air. 

"I can't breathe." She murmurred, sliding down the wall to the cold hard floor. 

He chuckled in amusement and sat down next to her. 

"Why do you keep kissing me?" She tried to push him away, which barely moved him. 

"Because you're beautiful." He was sincere. She could tell by the look in his eyes. His eyes seemed a little warmer. They no longer pierced into her soul as they did first few times. 

"I'm serious about us." He reminded.

"My parents won't allow it." 

"Who says they have to know."

"I can't lie to my parents!" 

"Are you gonna tell them that you broke curfew to spend the night with the infamous gang leader? And oh, you even made out with him." 

"S-stop! Don't accuse me of things I didn't you." She protested.

"Oh, but you did, babe." He winked. 

"Aah! Don't wink at me." She folded her arms over her body, an attempt to protect her innocence from his devilish lust. "I don't even know you." 

"I'm sure one night will be enough for us to get to know each other." 

"Psycho. You're a real psycho." She shook her head in disbelief. 

"Age?"

"Why?"

"Age?!"

"Seventeen."

"Eighteen."

"Siblings?"

"None."

"None."

"Interest?"

"Ballet."

"Fighting."

"Favorite color?"

"Black."

"Because you want to be the Black Swan? I like black, too."

"Why do I have to answer your questions?"

"Do you prefer to spend the night in silence?"

"You threw the key! How are we gonna get out? My parents might be reporting at the police station right now!"

To her amazement, he held out the key. "This?"

"I thought you threw it away?!"

"You should know that I have more than one key."