Chapter 1

Do You Dare?

It was an exciting day at Seoul High. The school was holding one last rehearsal before the ballet competition between different high schools in the district. Among those participated were Seoul Arts High School, Bosung Girls' High School, Jungsan High School, Hanlim High School, and many more.

The music echoed the theater as dancers continued to rehearse for hours on end. The girls were hard at work, all in hope of winning the first place title. 

Eventually, the sounds of music were halted. Girls were rushing to get water, fixing their hair and shoes, and some were even gossiping. One girl deviated from the group. She wandered around, searching for the restroom, seemingly lost in her black leotard and tutus. Luckily, she managed to find the restroom on the fourth floor. 

Upon leaving the restroom, she was lost once again. It was hard for her to navigate the unfamiliar place. She walked and walked. She turned at corners after corners. Her feet came to a sudden stop when she heard noises coming from one of the classrooms. Naturally, curiosity took over and she quietly made her way to the door. 

The noises grew louder as she closed the distance. She opened the door. In front of her were a group of male students crowding over and beating one other male student who was helplessly trying to cover himself on the ground. They were so engaged in the violence act that none of them even noticed her. She covered her grasp as her eyes traveled upward to see the leader sitting on top of a desk, smoking his cigarette, as he watched his followers beat the poor guy senselessly. She was numbed in shock ar her discovery when she realized that a pair of dark, cold, eyes were piercing straight at hers. 

She quickly let go of the door and ran with all her might to escape the same fate as the guy being beaten on the floor. She had no idea where she was running to, she just know that she had to keep running.

It seemed like luck was on her side because she found her way back to the theater where all the girls were getting ready to resume to rehearsal session. Thinking that she was safe, she hurried to line up with the girls when the doors slammed open. Came barging in was a group of male students. Trouble makers. Leading the group was the blonde-hair leader with the cold, piercing eyes. The gang marched towards the group of confused and fearful looking girls.

Out of fear, the girl immediately lowered her head in an attempt to hide herself. To her disappointment however, she was staring at his black Converse, realizing that he was standing right in front of her. She didn't dare to look up. She can't hide now.

The leader turned his head, looking at his men. With that one signal, the guys moved all the girls out of the theater.

It was just the two of them in the theater, lit with dark purple light.

"Look at me." He commanded. She moved her head slightly, but fear took over and she froze with her head low.

"I said, look at me." He said once more.

Anger and impatient took over when she failed to follow his instruction. He grabbed her arm and yanked her towards him.

"What did you see?" He lowered his head to look at her hidden face.

She managed to shake her head. Still, no words escaped her lips.

"I know you're not a mute. Now answer me. What did you see?" He continued the interrogation.

He grew tired of her continual silence and pulled her chin up, staring straight into her fearful eyes. He could tell she was scared. Perhaps, too scared.

He raised his eyebrow waiting for her answer.

"N-nothing ... I-I didn't see anything." He could hear the panic in her voice.

He strengthened his grips on her chin when she tried to lower her head to avoid his eyes. He continued to stare at her and was about to speak when the doors opened. Incoming was the principal of Seoul High, Mr. Yoo. Along his side were the other ballerinas who went to ask for help.

"Kwon Jiyong, let her go." The principal calmly spoke.

Jiyong took a look at the principal, rolled his eyes and returned his attention to the girl in his captivity.

"Jiyong. Detention. Now." Said Mr. Yoo.

"Be a good girl." Jiyong said while her hair. Finally, he let go of the girl and begin to walk towards the exit doors with no further words.

"Kwon Jiyong. You better be heading to the detention center!" Principal Yoo shouted once more as Jiyong walked pass the doors.

Mr. Yoo could only sighed helplessly as the door closed. "He's not gonna serve his detention."