Chapter 3

Do You Dare?

"W-what do you want?" Sohee timidly tried to free herself from his grips.

"To congratulate you for winning." 

Sohee gathered all the courage that she had and look at him. She planned on telling him that she wasn't afraid of him, but the piercing coldness in his eyes froze her body. It scared her that there seemed to be no emotion in his eyes. His eyes were too cold, they were filled with nothing but darkness. It was as if she was staring into nothingness. But she kept staring. She didn't understand why. And at that moment she forgot that she was scared of him. There was something pulling her in. His eyes were like a black hole. There could only be destruction behind those eyes, but the attractions that pull her in was hard to resist. 

"Are you scared of me?" He asked.

"I-I'm, I'm going to scream--"

"Go for it." He challenged her knowing that she would not dare to do so. He saw vulnerability in her eyes. He knew she was afraid.

"I'm really, really, going to scream." She tried to scare him off once again. He responded with a smirk, as if teasing her, daring her.

At the very second when she opened to scream for help, he pulled her tight against him and sealed her lips with his. 

The world stopped spinning for a second in Sohee's perspective as she grew numb from the shock. Her heart was on a pause, her eyes stopped blinking, and her body froze. There were million of chemical reactions going on inside her brain as it was trying to make sense of the situation. Never had she been approached by a boy in her life, yet here she was being kissed for the very first time by the infamous school gang leader. 

He broke the kiss and she soon realized that she had been holding her breath for too long. She tried to bring herself back to reality when he spoke again. "Glad to be your first." He chuckled at her lost stare. She wasn't dead, her body was very alive and functioning, yet she couldn't bring herself to say or do anything. His kiss froze her. 

She tried to tell her body to move, to run away from the psychopath that was in front of her. But before she was able to unfreeze herself, he grabbed hold of her hand and had her following behind him. 

"L-let go of me!" She unsuccessfully tried to free herself. He didn't seem to even bother with her protest and just kept pulling her behind him.

In a last resort attempt, she decided to bite his hand. She continued to bite down on his hand, as hard as she could, expecting a scream of pain or to be free of his grips, but nothing came. Her eyes traveled up to peak at his reactions. Staring down at her were a pair of dark eyes. His face showed no emotions. He seemed to be unaffected by her action or the pain from her bite. He simply stood, relaxed, watching her continue to bite him, waiting to see how long she would continue to do so. 

She slowly removed her teeth from his hand. "D-does it not hurt?" She asked hesitatingly. 

He took a look at the bite mark on his hand and answered, "would you take care of me if I say that it hurts?" 

He was asking her a question that she had no intention of answering. Instead, she took the chance and tried to make an escape run. But after only three steps, she was stopped by his arms wrapping around her waist. 

"Should've been a good girl like I've told you to." He devilishly whispered into her ear before picking up her and carried her on his left shoulder before heading out of the neighborhood.