New Neighbour

Black and White

 

In front of Shinhye’s door stood a guy, it was the guy she passed in the elevator this morning. “ Sorry, do I know you?”, Shinhye asked,there was a pause and the guy asked,” is this apartment number 302?”. “ oh, this is apartment 300, 302 is around the corner” shinhye said as she pointed to her right politely. “ oh, sorry, this is my first time here so I don’t know”, the guy replied. “It’s ok, are u the new neighbour that’s moving in?” Shin asked, and secretly was praying for him to say yes. Having such a handsome guy,as a neighbour, it would just bring smiles to her face every day, as she thought to herself. However to her dismay, the guy replied, “ No, my boss lives here”. Disappointed by his reply, Shinhye help point the way for him and politely said goodbye and closed her door and returned to her noodles, which was already a bit soggy.

 

—-Apartment 302—-

 

“You’re late”,a deep voice said

“Sorry, I went to the wrong apartment”, the secretary (aka, the elevator guy) said

“ did you find what I need?”said again by the guy with the deep voice.

“Yes, she is a doctor working a the hospital that your uncle owns” secretary said as he handed the documents to the guy comfortably sitting on the sofa with his legs crossed,” the matter of fact, she live right next door, did you know?”. While jongsuk was reading the documents, after hearing what the secretary said, he paused for a second and continued reading.

The next day, it was shinhye’s day off, and she wanted to sleep in, so she closed all her curtains and put her phone in mute the night before. However,in the morning Han hyojoo, came to her house( without knocking because she knows the passcode for the door) and forcefully pulled her out of bed to go shopping with her.

 

—-Mall—-

 

After great struggle, shinhye has no choice but comply with hyojoo and arrived at the mall, dressed very casually, with a classic combination of a white T-shirt and blue jean, paired with sandals. This mall was the biggest mall in Korea, first two flower are a variety of common brands, while the upper two levels consist of all the luxury brand. Shinhye and hyojoo arrived at the parking lot in the mall and tried to find a spot, but with no luck they  arrived at the toppest parking level. Hyojoo stopped at the mall entrance and let shinhye off and told her to go inside while she parked. Shinhye got off and entered the mall and  went to the closest shop near the entrance, sothat hyojoo can see her when she come. She entered the Gucci shop and started looking around, the worker there first saw her but as soon as she saw her clothes, she turned around and greeted another customer who entered the shop after her. Shinhye didn’t care and just started to look around by herself. She entered the new arrivals section and saw an dress that she found nice and wanted to try it on. She looked at the entrance, hyojoo seems to take longer that usual, so she texted her where she was and called the worker to help her get a fitting room. However, she tried several time to wave at the worker, but she was ignored. Shinhye had no choice but walked to the worker at counter and asked for her help, however the worker gave a look of despise and said, “ sorry, this is the key product for this season”, the worker looked at her from top to bottom and said,” I don’t think it will fit you”and looked away. Shinhye gave no reply and went to the bench in the shop and sat down, waiting for hyojoo. The worker every 5 seconds looked at her and saw that shinhye was still sitting, when she was about to tell shinhye to leave, hyojoo walked in. “Sorry about the wait, I was talking at the phone to my parents”. Shinhye finally stood up and said”its ok”. “Lets go” hyojoo said, but shinhye didn’t move and replied, “ wait for me a second”, and walked toward the counter and said to the worker,” I want every thing in the new arrivals section, someone will come pick it up” she handed her a black card. The worker looked in shock. Hyojoo looked at the workers and gave them a look of sympathy, she knew that they were in trouble. After shinhye left the shop, shinhye send a text and was pulled by hyojoo and began a long journey of shopping. 

—-Home—

After having walked all day in the mall  and ate dinner, shinhye arrived home. As soon as she opened the door, there where bags of clothes on the floor, she looked at them and just took the dress she saw in the store and took the rest to the clothes donation box in front of the apartment. 

 

Extra:

After shinhye left the store, 5 minutes later, the manager with two workers and a guy in black came in the store. The manager looked very angry and yelled to the workers, “you guys are fired, effective immediately !” . The workers started crying and cried for the manager to let them stay. But, the manager was very persistent and showed to sympathy and said, “ blame yourself, who told you guy to offend the wrong person, do you know who that lady is?”, the manger looked at them, they shaked their heads.” She’s the sister of the owner of the mall!”. The workers opened their eyes wide and immediately know that it is impossible for them to stay and their whole body just fell to the floor. They were escorted out and the two other worker that entered with the manager replaced them. The guy in black suits just collected the clothes that shinhye bought and left, without any words.