Chapter 3

The Art of Parenting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon and G dragon's house. 4 PM. A few weeks later.

Taeyeon was anxious as she stepped in to the elevator and pressed the button underneath the label "level 3-mailboxes". Ever since she and her husband had sent in their application to become foster parents, she'd been eagerly checking their mailbox every week for a letter from the adoption agency. So far, all she'd gotten in the mail were bills and advertisements.

She was pretty sure that she and Ji-yong had a good chance of being accepted. After all, they'd passed the parenting classes that the agency had them do with flying colours. It might have helped because the teacher was a big fan of G-dragon, but that was beside the point. Taeyeon knew that she and her husband were going to be good parents. She could see it in the way that Ji-yong took care of Haru and Choo Sarang. Meanwhile, Taeyeon had learned to become a good parent when she was on Hello Baby.

It was a given that the kid they adopt won't always see eye to eye with them. They might throw a temper tantrum, have an attitude problem or disobey them-but whatever it will be, Taeyeon was confident that she and her husband have what it takes to resolve the problem.

They'd even passed the background check, which she'd originally been so concerned about. She was certain that the adoption agency wouldn't consider them good candidates after they dug up G-dragon's scandal. Even though he wasn't prosecuted due to the amount in his system being too small to be lawfully ruled as a positive drug test, it would still raise some eyebrows.

Just like Taeyeon had predicted, they were almost rejected. The agency had requested to speak to Ji-yong privately. In the hour that he'd spent in the agency's office, Taeyeon had thought they were definitely rejected. But when the door to the office had finally opened, she saw the satisfied look on her husband's face. She had peered over his shoulder and saw that the social worker had an impressed look on her face as she looked at Ji-yong.

When Taeyeon had asked him home he managed to pull of such a miracle, his response had been,"I just told her that my problem with drugs is all in the past. I said that I was a family man now, who would would much sooner jump off a cliff than influence my child to do drugs."

When he had said that, she'd been so proud of him. She knew that her husband had struggled with quitting smoking and drugs before they'd gotten married. But he had become a changed man after his stint in the army. Even though he'd vowed never to smoke or do drugs again after he came back, Taeyeon had always been secretly scared that he would fall in to the temptation once again.

But so far, he hadn't messed up once. And his promise to jump off a cliff rather than do drugs again solidified her confidence in him. It was obvious that he was committed to being a good father to their adopted child.

They'd also passed the home study inspection-interviews, financial statements, all that. The only thing left was to be accepted or rejected by the agency. They had told her to not expect the letter for a few weeks-after all, the agency needed time to properly review all the assessments and paperwork.

In the mean time, Taeyeon and Ji-yong had spent the next couple of weeks telling their friends and companies about her infertility and their plans for adoption. After all, there was no hiding it after the people at the parenting classes had recognized them and had blabbed to the press.

The response had been mixed. YG and SM were furious that they kept it a secret from them. They had wanted to keep the whole adoption a secret. They knew the stigma that foster parents had to face, and they didn't want their artists to get any bad press. Even if thousands of fans looked up to G dragon and Taeyeon, they couldn't shield them from the anti-fans who looked down on Taeyeon for being infertile and who ridiculed them for choosing to adopt.

I'm happy that G-druggin' and sly fox Taeyeon can't bring a child in to this world! They don't deserve that privilege, Taeyeon had read on Nate.

Why adoption? another nasty netizen had wrote. They won't love that child as much as they would their own. Due to her experience with being hated on in the past, Taeyeon knew she shouldn't have been hurt by these comments. After all, they were just anti fans looking for a chance to tear her and her husband down. But it hurt that people looked down on her for being unable to produce children. It was something she couldn't control.

But Ji-yong had reminded her not to let herself get too affected by the netizens' negativity. "They're always going to find new ways to bring us down. At the end of the day, we can choose to listen to them, or we can choose to ignore them," he had said wisely. That made her feel better, and made her wish that she shared his wisdom.

On the positive side of things, the response from their friends, families and fans had been supportive.

[+12 000, -549] Even though I feel so bad for Taeyeon unnie, I'm so excited that she and G dragon oppa are adopting a kid! Fighting!  

[+10 218, -432] What's with all the hate in the comment section? It's always a beautiful thing when a couple starts a family. It doesn't matter if the child is theirs or not!

Taeyeon had been so grateful as she read these positive comments. No matter how much hate she would get, her fans were always there to defend her.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Tiffany had cried out. "I'm y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter