2 Months - Chapter One

The Soldier and The Doctor

"I'm sorry," the two words that repeated at least for a millionth time. He stood there, watching his girlfriend crying broke his heart.

"Stop apologizing for the promises you can't keep," you continued to sob, giving up on repeatedly punching his body. Your close comrades watching the scene before them was quite saddening, because you were always positive no matter what. Nowadays, you have become a bit sadder which worries them way too much.

"Promise one last thing," you sniffled, but also wiping your tears to show that you're a strong soldier.

"Anything, anything you need," He heard that one of the soldiers in the helicopter to hurry up, but that soldier quickly shut his mouth finding out that the two needed a moment.

"Come back safe, no injuries, no broken bones, I cannot.. No I will not look at the written will if you die, just come back safe even if we're not one.. I'm saying this as a friend, girlfriend, and as a fellow soldier," holding back the tears that are threatening to come out, fumbling with the sleeve of your army uniform.

He stands up straight, saluting to you, "I, Captain Park Chanyeol will promise Major Yoon (Y/N)* to come back safe."

You, too saluting back to him, one tear coming down on your face. He pressed one last kiss on your lips, before taking his I.D. dog tag off and putting it on you. He starts to step back, and he walks to the helicopter. Setting foot on the aircraft to look back to see tears coming out of his girlfriend's eyes. He takes one last good look of you before going inside of chopper.

Watching the helicopter rise into the sky, taking him way which felt like an eternity to not see it out of your vision. The crack in the broken relationship slowly proceeds to break, but after the helicopter is far from the helipad that you were now standing on; all of the threatening tears have fell out. You were bawling your eyes out, landing on your knees; your face in the palm of your own hands, the hands that were once held in the grasp of his hands.

Little did you know, he was looking out of the window of the aircraft to the helipad that you were on. He held in his tears, while answering his comrades' questions of you and the mission. All his answers to you were is to not worry about.

~~
Two months later after the breakup were quite busy, but it's also been awhile since you've been showing your emotions lately. No smiling, laughing, no positive emotions were shown through the last couple of months. Since you were on the higher ranking side and a busy soldier, you had certainly no time to find free time to brighten up.

Right now, you were currently walking to your father's office who has happens to be the commander of your's and Chanyeol's forces. While walking there, two privates, Private Kim Seung Kwan and Private Choi Woo Jin were by your side.

The two opened the door to your father's office, then closing it after you entered; not wanting hear the business but always finding out to the reaction of your own, who would start ranting as soon as you got out. Seung Kwan and Woo Jin would sit on the floor while talking about missions with your father, because it would take forever. If they were hearing footsteps coming in from the office or in the hallways, they would immediately stand up as if they didn't sit down.

Meanwhile in your father's office

Immediately going from informal with the two privates to strictly formal, saluting your father as soon as you stood in front of his desk with the folders and box in hand. You obviously checked inside of the box, just in case a bomb or something dangerous was placed in. Inside of the box was a care package from of the soldiers of the camp, it included sweets, face masks for spa days that the soldiers would do before heading out back to their families, polaroid pictures that were taken from your fellow comrades; there were too many things.

"Major Yoon _Y/N_ reporting," handing him the box with the files ontop of the care package.

"How's the medical ward?" he asked, opening the box knowing that it had the handwriting of the soldiers on the cover of the box.

"Great sir, but the supplies came in. They fell short, we're missing most of the items on the list though. One of the files in the medical folder has the list of supplies," telling him what was needed in the main medical subunit.

"Ooh, what's this? A new mud facial mask," Lieutenant General Yoon absorbed, looking through the box of goodies from the soldiers.

"Appa?" You called out your father's name, who was really into looking through the items of the care package. Your father was a bit startled while reaching into the box to find a chocolate-flavored Pepero package.

"Mianhae.. I'm speaking as your father, please come here," he mentioned you to come forward.

You walked around the desk and stood right in front of him, he told you to come forward showing you a picture of you, Chanyeol, Dae Young, Si Jin, and Myeong Joo at the Dal.Komm Cafe during time off in the stack of polaroids. He pulled your hand out and gave you the polaroids that were paper clipped together. You took the paper clip off, looking through the pictures that had you and Daeyoung, you and your sister, you and Si Jin, and you and Chanyeol. There were also pictures with the boy best friends, multiple pairings. There were so many of them with Chanyeol, clenching your jaw not to cry.

"I want you to go on a mission with your sister and a hospital team to Urk, so you can clear up your mind and stay away from the two meddling Privates," he puts something else in your hand, a lollipop that says To Lieutenant General Yoon, From Captain Park Chanyeol :).

"Appa, really? You're letting me go on this mission?!"

"Yes, yes I am"

"Thank you so much! I, Major Yoon Y/N will have fun, protect my sister during this trip in Urk!" gripping the items in your hands happily, the widest smile that your father has seen ever since the incident.

Your father smiled back, "Go pack, you're leaving tonight. If you want, you may take the two Privates with you."

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome."

Saluting him, before running out the door; the two Privates getting smashed against the wall by the open doors. "Mianhae, you two start packing we're leaving to Urk!"
You started running to your sister's office, seeing that she was already packed and ready. She gave you a small nod, before she went back to checking things for the Medicube.

After packing, it was already night time the two Privates were already inside of the plane with your sister. As you were walking onto the ramp of the plane, you hugged your father and your other favorite person, Priavte Park Min Seok. He was like a younger brother to you, and you often scolded him a lot.

"Don't get into much trouble while I'm gone, okay? I'll call you to check if everything and everyone's alright," you ruffled his hair, giving him a smile. He gave you a nod, understanding that you would hop on a plane, go to South Korea, and kill him if he got into any trouble.

You waved goodbye, before you started walking into the plane. Sitting next to your sister, putting your seatbelt on. You took off his I.D. dog tag and began to play with it at the beginning of the flight, you talked to your sister who had the same type of break up with Seo Dae Yeong. You talked for a while, until both of you falling asleep.

~~
Waking up to the really hot air of the new place, it made you really hot. You woke your sister up, then you stood up stretching, yawning, popping your back with a few yoga exercises. You put a face mist to wake you up fully, and spraying it on your sister who quickly hid her face. You put the face mist back inside of your bag, before waiting for the door to be lowered.

When the door was finally lowered fully, you walked out of it with your heavy bag to see your best friend Seo Dae Yeong. You quickly ran to him and gave him a big hug, you did weird gestures to eachother after the hug. Some of the soldiers there found it funny, how you two can be really playful; playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, and a few childish actions in three minutes.

"So, is your sister here?" Dae Yeong finally asked after the three minute reunion between the two of you.

You gave him a nod, before walking off to let the two have their moment after a couple of months. You walked off to the vehicle that would bring you to the camp, greeting some of your comrades that you knew.

Your smile dropping after not seeing him for two years, clenching your jaw not to start talking to him, crying, or any actions at the moment except for breathing. You deciding to keep walking past him, the aura around him, his scent was what was driving you crazy not to go to him, jump in his arms saying that you missed him so much.

Throwing your stuff inside of the jeep that the soldier told you can take to go to the base; saying they have plenty of vehicles to use to drop everyone off to camp. You buckled in, following the directions that the soldier told you to go to get there.

All he did was stood there and he looked back at the vehicle driving off that had you in it, he had a gut feeling that while you were there that something extremely bad was going to happen. Something even worse that he has gone against up, he knew you were going to get severely injured during an event. That was something he was afraid of, you getting hurt, anything that had to do with you dying, mentally, physically getting hurt.

─────────────

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

Chanyeol won the poll, but Sehun is still my Big Boss cx. Anyways, thank you for supporting!