Guilt - Chapter Two

The Soldier and The Doctor

 

 

 

 

warning: chapter contains little profanity

make sure to listen to This Love by Davichi

It was a piece of cake.

It was a piece of cake to not think about him for a couple months, but why of all places did she have to meet him here? I mean, bumping eachother at the base back home would've been fine right? Right?

You slammed on the brakes of the vehicle and parked the car, "Aish, jinjja! I should've never went on this mission! I should go back home in a couple of days, so it doesn't seem to so obvious.. That man drives me so crazy, why did I fall for him? He's perfect.. Stupid, stupid, stupid." You knocked your head on the top of the steering wheel, not really wanting to honk the horn. Not noticing, you accidentally blasted the horn on the steering wheel.
You heard a chuckle next to the jeep, you looked to your left to see Shi-Jin.

"How long have you been standing there?" A bit freightened, knowing if he's been there from the banging her head onto the steering wheel and talk with herself.

"I asked you a question first, what man? Who?" Shi-Jin gave her a smile.

"Chanyeol, now answer my question," You gave him a smile in return.

"Long enough to hear your little conversation," he leaned against his silver car.

"Aish.. I'll get going, my sister and the rest of the medical crew is probably needing me right now. I'll see you soon," you waved goodbye, and started driving again to the Medi-Cube.

Shi-Jin's smile gradually went to a straight face; hands on hips went to one hand on his hip, but not only that he felt guilty. He was the first one to break your heart, not only that it was your first relationship. After dating for 2 years, he decided to break it off as the same reason as Chanyeol. Leaving you crying on the helipad; at the thought he just went inside of his silver car and drove where he needed to be.

— • —

Parking the jeep infront of the Medi-cube and walking inside, memories flooding in from first operation to your last operation in Uruk. Memories that also made the surgeon and soldier that you were today. There was one memory is what made you a better surgeon and soldier with fast, but strong choices.

~ • ~

After making sure everything was set in the Medi-Cube and take diagnostics of each member of the medical team, just to make sure everyone was healthy to work. You went to the kitchen, finding Min-Ji, Ja-Ae, and Mo-Yeon with boxes in hand. You gave them a small head bow, before all of you girls were talking about life in Uruk, South Korea. Just a girl talk, while you were there; getting to know eachother more, relationships, what to do after everyone was able to go home.

Since you were facing the door that went outside, while talking to Min-Ji you saw Chanyeol at the threshold. While Min-Ji was talking and noticing that you weren't responding, she looked back at who you were staring at. She excused herself and started pushing Mo-Yeon and Ha-Ae out of the kitchen, then head bowing to Chanyeol when walking out.

Chanyeol breaking the eye contact and walking towards you, you stepped back each step he took. The table blocking you from moving backwards, the male stopped right in front of you; pulling you into a hug that he wanted to do ever since you stepped out of the plane.

"Yah! Let me go, don't disobey your superior's orders!" You tried pudhing him away, but at his height you can't go against that. You stopped pushing away, knowing that he won't budge, you hands settling ontop of an equipment on his utility belt.

"I'm not letting you go ever again.. Not anymore," he kept you in a tight hold, bit ut wasn't that tight that you got hurt.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know sorry doesn't even cut it anymore, but I just want you to know that I'm still in love with you. Even if you don't think so, because I left you on that helipad. This is your second breakup that ended on a helipad.. Well, this is your second breakup ever in your life.." Chanyeol tried to look for more words to say, but he couldn't really think at this moment.

"If you really were in love with me, you wouldn't have broken up with me. It's even worse that it ended on a stupid helipad, the same helipad that Shi-Jin broke up with me," anger and sadness just overwashed you.

Chanyeol let go of you and slammed his hands against the table behind you, looking into your eyes. "Y/N, I knew if I didn't breakup with you and went MIA on that field; you wouldn't know how to ing move on! All I wanted you is to be happy, Y/N! Happy! If I died, you would be depressed, you wouldn't eat, you wouldn't sleep, you wouldn't do anything but be at home and blaming yourself for letting me go on this damn mission."

After a long pause of his last sentence, he decided to speak up again. Chanyeol was getting angrier, by each second.

"Tell me Y/N, what did you do in the first month of breaking up? Don't ing tell me that you were busy with working, your dad told me that he let you have a break."

Trying to find words, but all you did was look down. You couldn't speak up anymore, knowing he would figure out what happened in the first month. Not only you couldn't speak anymore, but tears were falling down fast.

Chanyeol stood up straight, can't handling it anymore, "I can't do this anymore! I'm done!" He walked out of the kitchen and straight out the door, going to the barracks.

You threw your military beret off of your head and threw it against the wall, crying your heart out. "Why the hell did I ever pick this job! If I never picked this job, this would have never happened! I, first lose Shi-Jin then Chanyeol," you sat in one of the chairs.

The girls and Shi-Jin were watching you from the window, obviously Shi-Jin left of the mention of his name not wanting to comfort you like he did before.

Ha-Ae is the only one who noticed Shi-Jin leave, " Three sad hearts, two broken relationships. It all happened in one blow."

The three female medical members walked back to the medi-cube, so it wasn't obvious they were eavesdropping.

"This is Myung-Joo, all remaining medical members come to the medi-cube. We have an operation to do."

The walkie-talkie spoke to Y/N; you wiped your tears and nose with a tissue that was in a stack on the table. You pulled your walkie-talking out, "This is Gwen Stacy, I'll be there."

You stood up and went to the medi-cube, also knowing after the operation your sister was going to talk to you on why you were crying.

"Today isn't my day.."

—•—

Hello, I hope you enjoyed today's chapter! I was literally on writer's block, but also credit to hoodrepublic for some of the ideas!

Tbh, this chapter was really bad.

*Gwen Stacy is one of my DOTS OC's code name!