2 AM

Isochronal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

she had fallen asleep but awoke from the jolt of darkness covering her room. she rolled over and checked her phone, the light blinding her but informing that barely an hour had gone by. somehow, she felt refreshed and didn’t mind since she could sleep however she liked tonight due to not having a single obligation in the daytime. she sat up and felt around for the remote, moving her whole self until a clunk sounded beside her bed. she bent over and felt the carpet, soon picking it up and only to discover it did not turn the television on.

 

with a huff, she got up from bed and closed her eyes in anticipation of the usually bright light that came on with a flick of a switch. no light. also no more downpour sounded outside. the flash storm must of came with such a fury to knock out the power but didn’t care to stay long enough for a proper goodbye. she opened her eyes and thought of a light source. her phone would die eventually and she was awake enough to not want to sit in pure darkness.

 

she left the room and went to the hall closet, simply guessing at where a lighter of some sort could be hiding. even with the phone screen as a makeshift torch and tipping over several random things, nothing useful surfaced. they must have another flashlight, right? she truly thought and thought but did not know where they would keep another one other than where the first one was kept. her attempts of a tip-toe and swiping her hand across the top shelf were sadly in vain as nothing else came tumbling down in the form of a potential beam of light.

 

of course that boy would unintentionally up my night.

 

there would be no reason for him to return the flashlight since his priorities were probably just getting inside and not soaking in frigid water for any longer than necessary. she didn’t have his number. maybe that fool had sns she forgot she followed him on? but it’s literally the middle of the night, why would he even be awake.

 

she let out a huff and made way to the front door, just to double check that the entire street was pitch black. and it was. she looked around as the black stared back at her, having nothing else to do, she really took quite a while to observe it all. upon looking at her next door neighbor, the front windows were dark. but the small window barely above ground that looked into the basement gave off a bright yellow, as if the overhead light was on.

 

boooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i swear

 

she contemplated walking over and knocking on his door, no, pounding on it until he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter