Unknown

All I Never Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has only been two days but the memory of his encounter with the overconfident and witty Mino stayed wrapped in his mind. Seungyoon thought of him at the most oddest and unconventional times. Walks by the lake. When he took a shower. Going for coffee with Tae. Even now. 

His father sat seated opposite him in the grand dining room. The huge mahogany table took up most of the space, covered in light creamy tablecloth. A maid walked in, neatly placing the dishes. Seungyoon looked at anything but his father. He prayed the large, twinkling chandelier would fall, engulfing him in it’s light and end his misery. 

His father began eating his meal, cutting into his steak delicately. More than he’s ever been with Seungyoon. 

“So how’s school” 

Seungyoon scoffed at his sad attempt to start a conversation. As if his father has ever cared for his education. 

“It’s okay” Seungyoon answers bluntly. He eyed the meal in front of him. 

He could hear his father slapping his lips together as he chewed loudly. His stomach coiled. 

“I need you to do well, I know a few members from the board and it would look..’ he paused, looked me in the eye.” It would look rather bad on me if my so called prodigy son isn’t scoring at least A’s” 

 

Seungyoon clenched his hands under the table. Since when has father been so adament on my grades or the school? Seungyoon wondered. 

“Yes father” 

His father took a  swing of his wine and stood up barely noticing Seungyoon still full plate. 

“ I’m going away for the evening, make sure you sleep early, you have school tomorrow” With that he exited the room. 

 

Seungyoon was still sat there, mellowed in his sadness when the maid walked in. 

“Seungyoon?” She spoke softly. 

Seungyoon turned to smile at her. “I’m fine” he reassured her. Or rather himself. 

 

The rest of the night Seungyoon thought of his father. What urgent matters must he be attending to. More urgent than his own son ?. A part of him felt relief at the lack of attention his father showed. But the little inside him wanted nothing more than to make his dad proud.  Seungyoon sighed. His mind was distracted when he heard a sudden ping from his phone. 

Unknown number: “Hi” 

Seungyoon frowned. Was Taehyun playing his jokes on him again. 

Seungyoon: go away Tae. Not in the mood. 

Unknown number: is Tae the only friend you have

Seungyoon: ... who are you 

Unknown number: that’s kinda lonely man. 

Seungyoon sat upright in his bed. Who the hell could this be. If it wasn’t Tae then it could only be him. 

‘That intrusive brat’ Seungyoon though as his head was flooded by Mino’s infectious grin. 

Seungyoon: Mino ? 

Unknown number: ayyy finally. Took you long enough 

Seungyoon: How the hell did you get my number?

Unknown number: that’s for me to know and for you to find out. 

Seungyoon couldn’t help the way his lips tugged at a smile. 

Seungyoon: I’ll find out. 

Seungyoon saved the number. He laid back on his  bed, feeling in a much better mood. 

 

 

That morning when he pulled up to school, the first thing he did was scan the field of heads for Mino’s fluffy brown hair.  He spotted him running into homeroom with his little friend staggering after him in a fit of laughter. Seungyoon smiled.  The room was loud, students were talking over each other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter