Chapter 2

W - Real World

Hyo Joo's POV:

I am on my way to have dinner with one of my friends - Song Jihyo unnie. She suddenly texts me last night to ask if I have free time. She said someone wants to treat my dinner. He is a great friend of her. That's all I knew about the guy who we will meet today. The traffic is so bad at this hour.

 

Hyo Joo loses herself again to chasing her thoughts. The music from a radio is matched her feeling. It is good to hear a ballad song on a rainy day.

 

"Hyo Joo, are you tired?" Jihyo disrupts the silence atmosphere in the car.

"No, I'm fine unnie." Hyo Joo lets out a small smile.

"How are you these days, I do not see you for a long time. Anything new?"

"Hmm...nothing special. I just spent a lot of time for myself and my family. I also travel some places. I think filming process really took me a lot of time."

"Do you meet anyone new? Like....a new boyfriend."

"Haha, no unnie, I'm single now. After the last relationship, I think I change my way to find a new man. "

"It's good. The bad boy is not a good choice anyway!"

"How about you unnie? You and Gary oppa are happy right?"

"Yes, we are." Jihyo blushes a little bit, "We slowly start to spend time with each other. Running Man cast helps us out a lots. I feel thankful for them."

 _____________________________________________________________________________

 

Ten minutes later, Jihyo and Hyo Joo reach the BBQ restaurant. This is a favorite spot of Hyo Joo. The first reason is because she is madly in love with meat. Secondly, this place never has been so crown; she feels comfortable while eating here.

When Jihyo parks the ca, Hyo Joo suddenly sees a tall man in far away. His skin is so white and so perfect. It makes her envy so much. His hair is half wet because of the rain. Even his hair is wet, it still looks so perfect. He has a pair of jeans with gray t-shirt. He covers himself with a black raincoat. He is holding his phone tight. He seems to check up the time constantly. His face looks so furious. After 3 minutes blank, Hyo Joo is forced by Jihyo to move toward the man. When coming a little bit closer, she realizes who he is. He is Lee Jong Suk – a new-coming star. He is super famous these days. He is even more handsome in real life. Why is he here?

 _____________________________________________________________________________

 

"Hey! Jong Suk, we are here!" Jihyo shouts loudly to Jong Suk, who is a little far away from them.

 

Han Hyo Joo, on the other hands, is still a little bit surprised because of Jong Suk. She does not know that she would have a chance to meet up with him. Hyo Joo knows Jong Suk is a great actor. His acting is pretty good, and his skills are improving every day. He has improved a lot through his last drama. She secretly a fan of Jong Suk. After hearing someone calling, Jong Suk also turns his head toward two women.  He saw Jihyo and Hyo Joo are standing across the street. The time a stop in a few second. Hyo Joo seems to become prettier than the last time he saw her on TV. She wears a thin pink sweatshirt with skinny jeans. Hyo Joo's hair is falling like a river. She looks tired but also pretty.

 

"Hi, Jihyo noona. Long time no sees." Jong Suk smiles with Jihyo.

"Hi, Jong Suk. Oh...here is Han Hyo Joo. I believe you must know her." Jihyo starts to introduce Hyo Joo to Jong Suk.

"Hello, nice to meet you, Jong Suk-ssi. I am Han Hyo Joo."

"Nice to meet you too. I am a fan of yours." Jong Suk and Hyo Joo shake hands with each other. They both smile a little bit. After talking a little bit more, Jihyo pulls both of them to the restaurant.

 

"Hey, Ji Hyo, what bring you here today?" Gil appears from nowhere *cough*

"Oppa, haha, I bring you some special guests today. Can you find us a private spot?" Jihyo talks while punching Gil's shoulder.

"Hey, Hyo Joo, long time no see, how have you been?" Gil runs his eyes through the guest. "Oh my, who we have here. Famous star, Jong Suk-ssi?"

"Hi oppa, long time no see. I craved for your dishes." Hyo Joo starts to smile bigger. She seems to be more comfortable now.

"Nice to meet you. I am Lee Jong Suk." Jong Suk starts answering with embarrassed. Hyo Joo notices his ears turn red. "He is so cute" she thinks.

 

 

Gil helps three people to sit and then bring them the menu. Jong Suk feels lost a little bit with the situation. Jihyo, Hyo Joo, and Gil seems to know each other well. He is a little bit uneasy. While Jihyo starts to order, Hyo Joo turns to Jong Suk. He looks like he is out of his mind. He sweats a lot although the weather is not really hot.

"Jong Suk-ssi, are you ok?" Hyo Joo gives him some napkins.

"Thank you. I am okay. It is hot in here." Jong Suk nods as an action to thank Hyo Joo.

"Yeah. I know right. Sorry for ask you to come here. We should consider your choice first." Hyo Joo looks really worried. She feels sorry for Jong Suk. He starts to look tired because of the heat inside the restaurant.

"No, no, it's okay Hyo Joo-ssi."

Both of them stop talking again. Hyo Joo is not very active in real life. She is a person who is not talking so much. On the other hands, Jong Suk also is a cool guy in many ways. He is uncomfortable when meeting someone knew. Hyo Joo and Jong Suk do not talk anything until Jihyo back to the conversation.

 

"So, do you guy know more about each other?" Jihyo asks. But both of them just smile shyly. Because of the atmosphere. Jihyo talks once again.

 

"Hyo Joo, I heard that you accepted a new role in new drama right?"

"Yeah...how do you know unnie? I did not talk to anyone about it yet?" Hyo Joo seems to be very surprised.

"Ohh...because, Jong Suk here, is a male lead for the drama." Jihyo answer.

"Oh my god, really. I did not know about the whole cast yet. It will be a big honor for me to work with Jong Suk-ssi." Hyo Joo answers with amazed.

"No, it should be my honor to work with you Hyo Joo-ssi." Jong Suk shakes his head in embarrassed. He reaches out to find another piece of napskin.

The trio start to eat and talk with each other. Most of the time, Jong Suk and Hyo Joo do not talk so much. Jihyo tries her best to bright up everything, so the meal won’t become awkward. Like that, two hours fly without their notice. Jong Suk and Hyo Joo also become more comfortable to each other. They decide to finish their dinner and go home.

 

Jihyo has to go first because of her schedule, so she left Jong Suk and Hyo Joo after saying sorry. Outside, the rain still falls so hard. The night is a little cold, Hyo Joo silvers when she walks out of the store. "I should wear a jacket. It is so cold ><" she thinks. Next to her, Jong Suk is calling his manager. Hyo Joo once again has his attention. She is shaking badly. Is it because she's cold? "Should I give her my jacket? Ah...is it okay." After three minutes to debate with himself, Jong Suk takes off his jacket and calls Hyo Joo.

 

"Hmm...Hyo Joo-ssi, here, take my jacket with you. The night will be cold." Jong Suk gives out his jacket and looks deep into Hyo Joo's eyes. Hyo Joo is surprised by his movement.

"No, thank you but I can't do it. You will catch a cold." Hyo Joo pushes the jacket back to Jong Suk. She accidentally touches his hands. As she expected, it is cold as ice.

"I will be okay. If you do not take it, I will feel like you think I am weak. How can I let a shaking girl go home without a jacket? Here take it."

"Hmm....*sigh*okay then. Thank you. Is your car here yet?" Hyo Joo asks after taking the jacket.

"Almost, my hyung says he will be here in two minutes."

"Okay...my manager also not here yet. I guess we will have to wait longer."

"Yeah...." Jong Suk simply answer "Ah...Hyo Joo-ssi, can we exchange phone number. It will be good for us when we start working on 'W-Two Worlds'."

"Hmm...Sure, give me your phone, I will type it up." After exchange phone numbers, Hyo Joo's car comes first. But she decides to wait until Jong Suk's car also appear. They bow as a goodbye to each other. That night, both Jong Suk and Hyo Joo are hardly fallen asleep. They keep thinking about the dinner they have today. It is a fresh experience. They know this drama should be a hit. Lately that night, they finally start to go to their dreamlands.