•05

Mixed

M05

 "Yoonbi?" a familiar voice sent chills down Reina's spine.

She frantically backed away till her back touched the cold hard wall.

The above might sound confusing enough, so lemme tell you how it's s'pposed to be done right now...

!REWIND!

Of late, things had not been going smoothly for Reina.

After that eventful day that consisted of her 'talking' to Vernon, she never talked to anyone again.

But that wasn't different from all other days and that wasn't the reason to her frustrations.

The number of brochures to be dumped in people's mailboxes had significantly reduced, resulting in a decrease in pay.

Reina's grades were falling at a constant rate of y=95-2x, even though the scholarship clearly states that she was required to maintain a high 'A' grade of 90%.

Lastly, the worst of the worse that had happened and contributed to her rapid falling of grades was her neighbour from upstairs. He and his mates were as loud as the construction workers digging and drilling holes on the opposite road! That was a hyperbole but at least the construction workers were contributing to the society! Those freaking beer-bellied men in their thirties, as Reina secretly cursed, were useless scums contributing to noise pollution in the late nights!

The ceiling between the two apartments muffled their loud voices, but every time these middle-aged men were to wrestle around and shove their bags of rocks on the floor, the ruckus would resonate into her apartment.

She was not happy.

Especially that particular night when the noise lasted past 11.50 pm.

11.50 pm was way past her hibernating curfew. Yes, it might be a Friday night and Rebecca Black might wanna influence everyone to have 'fun fun fun fun' and start 'par-tying par-tying (yeah!)' but not everyone likes Rebecca Black and not everyone wanna party late night Friday.

(A/N: Listen to Rebecca Black's Friday; almost as good as Jacob Sartorius' Sweatshirt)

Reina was not like everyone. She could not simply 'Shake It Off' like TayTay, stare in 'Blank Space' or run 'Out of The Woods' away from the noisy thumping and cracked laughter ricocheting from the floor above. She was ready to have 'Bad Blood' with her neighbor as she started to 'Clean' her teeth and face with 'Style'. 'Wildest Dreams' are 'How You Get the Girl' to calm down but the noise failed her attempts to sleep.

Okay, 'This Love' for Taylor Swift's 1989 album has got to 'Stop Stop It' (A/N: GOT7).

Reina furiously threw her earphones to the floor and instantaneously, the song puns came to an end. With her toothbrush in her foamy mouth, Reina slipped into the nearest pair of slippers and charged up the stairs.

The flickering of the corridor lights created an eerie atmosphere but this could not stop her fiery impulse. Lack of sleep triggered her unclear state of mind.

"Bam!" Reina punched the doors vigorously with her fired up fists and proceeded to kick the door down with her karate moves. She then put her hands on both sides of her hips in attempt to let the steam out of her head and cool her piqued self.

No one messes with Reina's golden sleep.

The door slowly cracked open and as if on cue, the flickering corridor lights blinked to darkness.

"Can you please keep it down?" Reina burst into flames, spewing lava out of like a volcano that had been building up magma.

And as if on cue again, the flickering lights sprung back to life and took the darkness away.

The thirty-year-old useless scum, whom Reina pictured to be bald and beer-bellied, uttered a word.

"Yoonbi?" The voice was familiar and sent chills down her spine.

Reina's eyes, which were closed the entire time she was lividly bursting, fluttered open, wide open in confusion. Shocked, no even worse, flabbergasted was what she was experiencing first hand.

Who is this magician and why is he/she magically making Vernon appear out of nowhere?!

"V-V-V-V-Verno—" Reina stammered as the neon pink toothbrush in fell to the ground with a thud.

Before Reina could even say Vernon's name, she was abruptly interrupted.

"Two four-cheese pizzas, one meat lover's and one Hawaiian pizza with a grand total of 25000¥¥! Would you like to pay by cash or by card?" an overly-enthusiastic pizza delivery boy popped out of nowhere and screeched in enthusiasm.

This is getting creepier. The magician just made someone appear out of nowhere again. Can he/she magically make me disappear?

Hearing the pizza boy's screech, The8 and Seungkwan magically appeared behind Vernon's back and did a celebratory dance, prior to grabbing the pizzas and leaving the bill for Vernon to settle.

And again, the magician decided it would be funny to make another two homosaepians appear out of his/her hat.

Reina could have taken this opportunity to sneak off scot free but she simply stood there, rooted to the ground. She was, all of a sudden, made aware of her current state.

Her back was leaning against the cold wall. was leaking out foam from her toothpaste. Her hair was tangled and unkempt. She was in her unusual getup of a kawaii but childish Korilakumma onesie accompanied with mismatched Stitch and Minnie fluffy slippers.

Did I mention how very wide her bright eyes were on the unexpected appearance of her classmate?

Vernon was smirking at her the whole time while he paid and received the change. "Kaching!" the sound of the coins clinging together brought Reina back to sanity. Or not. She blinked continuously and opened and closed like she got a seizure.

"P-Please k-kee-eep it d-down!" Reina spluttered in incoherent English and ran off as fast as Usain Bolt.

Her face heated up when he made it clear that he heard her.

"Sure Yoonbi!" Vernon tittered back in the same language, English.

Retained in her body from her initial anger was a fiery hot fire that melted her into a puddle of embarrassment.

She shrieked into her pillow, not caring if her toothpaste foam was staining her favourite Mickey pillow case.

Reina stopped to listen for noise above her, but it was so quiet one could hear a pin drop.

At the very least, he kept his promise, toned it down and she could now sleep in peace.

At least, tomorrow was a Saturday, so she could sleep like Aurora and avoid school like the plague.

At least, he didn't get her name wrong this time. Oh, wait, he called her Yoonbi instead of Yoonbyul again. She reminded herself to correct him the next time she sees him. (If she had the guts)

Lastly, at least, Reina was allowed to hope that he would forget about her “shameful” appearance at his doorstep.

Like I said, at least, she was allowed to hope.

❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈★❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈
A/N
As you might have already guessed, Vernon lives above Reina and this might be cliché, but

hEY
Fate and coincidence play a part in life too! XD

 PS. I had this chapter written and published on Wattpad months ago but forgot to update it on AFF! I'm so sorry! This chapter is such a flop now that I look back at it haha sorrei~

-TaoRisPandaLove signing out x