•00

Mixed
M00
❈A/N: skip to chapter one if you would like, for this prologue/intro provides context and doesn't exactly go straight into the story.
 
  ❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈  
 
The clock tower rose majestically, its strategic position capturing everyone's attention as the school building appeared at the end of the driveway.
 
Pledis High School, ranked first in the whole Earth, is a school where the most intelligent of the intelligent ones of Korea are handpicked by Principal Han Sungsoo. Naturally, the fees for such a prestigious school would be unaffordable. Unless you are at the top of the financial food chain, it is, unfortunately, impossible for you to take your first step into PHS, a school with the best facilities, high technology, comfortable school environment and lovely teachers who actually care for their students.
 
'Impossible' this is one word Principal Han detests. Every time he gets his new edition of the Oxford Dictionary, Principal Han would rip off the page with the word 'Impossible' in it. 
 
Why is this so? Principal Han believes that, and I quote, 'Nothing is impossible, except for the answer to which came first: the chicken or the egg.' This quote is printed out and framed in the Principal's office, seen as an inspiration by many. So, to repeat Principal Han's point of 'nothing is impossible', he holds international scholarship campaigns annually to give everyone a chance to attend PHS.
 
Every year, the cream of the crops in every middle school at each corner of the universe takes examination test papers; this including the following: listening; oral; composition; IQ; mental Math; problem solving Math, Sciences; English; Korean language, Korean culture and basic Korean history. 
 
The last portion of the examination procedure is the top cause of having mostly Koreans in PHS. Students residing outside of Korea were born another race, religion, culture and live in a 'different' history. 98% of the students in PHS are full blooded Koreans, whereas the remaining 2% of them are either students with Korean ancestors or half Koreans.
 
❈Let me try to connect the strings between how these information are relevant to this fanfic. ❈
 
Based on a recent survey, there is bound to be bullying in every school, regardless of the school's reputation. This does not exclude PHS. In PHS, the bullies don't bother to specifically march up to the kids in large gangs and shove people out of the way; the students use their golden brains the wrong way by taking a 'better' approach towards kids they want to 'bully'. Those bullies leave their victims out of everything and treat them like smoke; useless pollution that will disappear soon. 
 
Who are the victims, you were asking?
 
The 2% of the students whom the Koreans reckon are 'outsiders' and 'special'. They were ignored and without friends, they were vulnerable. 
 
Some foreign students contracted depression or some form of mental illness—binge eating, anorexism, anxiety and even worse, bi-polarity. They eventually quit PHS and moved back to their warm hometown to seek medical  and psychological treatment.
 
Some foreign students, however, chose to be a wallflower, closing all access in their world and shutting the entrance to the 'outside world' down. 
 
Reina Taylor Yoonbyul is a great example. 
 
Standing at five foot eight, Yoonbyul, or Reina, is a beautiful mixed blood with wavy, mid-blonde hair, glowing blue eyes and constantly pursed lips. Her face hung closer to the Korean side but her height, her eyes and her hair colour state otherwise. Excluding her boss and her neighbours, Yoonbyul prefers having shut to communicating with students or teachers, except if necessary or desperate, which she never usually is. In no time, Yoonbyul became the 'mute' and 'social outcast'. Calling her names slowly died out though, due to no anticipated reaction from her. Yoonbyul most likely shook the insults off like in Taylor Swift's song or perhaps, she really was a mute. Nah, just kidding. Yoonbyul is the classmate everyone has at one point in their high school life. The one who doesn't belong.
 
❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈
 
In contrast to foreign students like Yoonbyul, there is a few who do fit in. To break this down for easier digestion, what I really mean is: a tiny pinch of the school's foreigners is able to talk freely with students and able to be 'accepted' by them. 
 
Vernon Chwe Hansol. 
 
His name and his face scream 'villain' and 'cheeky' ('Vernon' sounds like 'Venom' and do admit that he looks like a monkey haha) but as the old saying goes: "Do not judge a book by its cover." Hansol is definitely the opposite of what everyone initially thought he was. He's neither the evil kid conjuring an evil plan nor the mischievous kid claiming all attention and pulling up on your whacks with pranks in his sleeves. 
 
Hansol's the sociable child who tries to hook up a conversation with almost everyone, much to the contrary of the previous example, Yoonbyul. Acing well in both the looks and grades department, Hansol is a precious, rare pearl you would never find unless you dive deep down into the bottom of the seabed. Similar to Yoonbyul, Hansol is a beautiful mixed blood with slightly curly, medium-brown hair, sparkly hazel eyes and a constantly chatty mouth. His face is dissimilar to Yoonbyul, in a sense that Hansol hung closer to the 'Western side'. This 'Western Package' also includes his facial features as a whole and his hair. This one's a special case.
 
❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈
 
Like all halfers, Hansol and Yoonbyul are always stared at and judged upon but they treat those stares to be a sign of jealousy.
 
It'd be interesting to see them meet and bloom a relationship more than the status of 'strangers'.
 
❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈★❈❈❈❈❈❈❈❈
 
A/N
 
I hope this prologue(?) gives this fanfic a bit of a context and I hope you enjoy your read~