2/3

Scent

The cottage was unusually quiet for a late afternoon. The wind outside blew a nice breeze through the open windows on the other side of the room, and with it being the only source of light, the opening casted the room in a nice warm glow. Taemin was enjoying the fingers playing in his hair as he laid on Jinki’s hip and stared at the ceiling. Jonghyun had gone to the market early that morning to sell some of his and Jinki’s herbal teas, and Minho and Kibum were out hunting. They gave the youngest the day off to spend with Jinki, and he wasn’t about to complain. Taemin enjoyed afternoons like this. Slow, hazy and warm against his lover. Simple. 

 

He to his side and returned the smile softly given to him as he reached up to cup Jinki’s jaw. “I’ve been thinking.” 

 

Jinki gave a short laugh before growing serious, “Oh no. You’ve been thinking.” 

 

With a whine he softly swatted the other wolf. “I’m serious.” 

 

“Okay okay.” Jinki took Taemin’s hand from his jaw to hold in his hands. “What have you been thinking about Lovely?” 

 

“Baggy shirts aren’t going to cover it up soon. I think you should tell them.” Jinki’s eyes slowly shifted to his abdomen and his hand moved to rest just below the showing bump. “Plus it’s killing me not being all excited all the time about it.” 

 

“Oh.” Came the soft mumble of a reply. Jinki bit his lip for a moment before saying, “I don’t want to get their hopes up… I haven’t made it past the iffy stage yet.” 

 

Taemin rolled onto his belly and pressed a kiss to the fabric of Jinki’s shirt before beaming. “You and our baby are going to be fine. I have a feeling.” 

 

A smile curved at Jinki’s lips, “Is it the same feeling you had when you thought that bear was friendly?” 

 

A pout was given to him, “That was onnnne time.” 

 

As Jinki looked at the alpha he didn’t take notice of someone entering the front door, or the sound of someone walking through the house looking for them. “I don’t know how I’m going to tell them. Minho and Kibum will be excited, but Jonghyun… he’s so worried about losing me or seeing me like I was the last 3 times I lost-” He took a deep breath before asking, “How am I going to tell him Taemin?” 

 

Just then the door to their bedroom was opened all the way and Jonghyun’s smiling face appeared. “Tell who what Babe?” 

 

Jinki swallowed thickly as Taemin rolled up to sit at the edge of the bed. After sitting up himself he said, “Tell you something Jonghyun.” 

 

Jonghyun’s movements in putting his now empty bag on the table slowed down as he looked over concerned. “Are you okay? You’re kind of scaring me.” 

 

“I need you to promise me you won’t put poison in Taemin and Kibum’s food.” 

 

“Is that really necessary?” Jonghyun asked with a short laugh. “What did they do now?” 

 

“Well… they broke your no touching me while in heat rule.” Jinki watched his human’s movements like a hawk. “And well. I’m pregnant Jonghyun.”  

 

Jonghyun almost tripped when the words reached his ears. “Excuse me?” 

 

He flashed a smile trying to make the tense situation… well not so tense. “The herbs weren’t strong enough, the tea didn’t decrease my fertility.” 

 

The human turned and leaned heavily against the thick wooden table by the window. “How long have you known? Are you okay? Why didn’t you tell me sooner? I mean what if something went wrong I wouldn’t have known what to do… Does everyone else know?” 

 

“I’ve known for about a month and a half. I’m fine. I didn’t tell you because I know how worried you are over my well being. And Taemin knows. He figured it out one day we were cuddling. if something had happened he would have told you… and if he didn’t know I hoped nothing would go wrong for once. I didn’t want to get your hopes up, all of you, just to fail again.” 

 

“Jinki~” Jonghyun’s voice was soft and loving as he slowly moved over the bed to push Jinki back and curl along his body. It was then he noticed his belly once the shirt flattened over his frame. “I can’t believe you managed to hide this for this long.” 

 

“You aren’t mad?”

 

Jonghyun shook his head. “No… never mad. Worried? Yes. Out of my mind, but I love you and you are happy about this. I’ll be happy too. “ He looked over at Taemin sitting as far away from them as he could looking a second away from bolting from the room. “Come on you pup. I’m not going to kill you.” 

 

Taemin beamed and crawled up to curl on Jinki’s other side, nuzzling into his shoulder and throwing an arm protectively over his middle so his fingers were brushing Jonghyun’s side. Then his head popped up as he asked, “How do you think Kibum is going to handle being told last?”