007.

In The Palm Of Her Hand

Colorful light piercing through dim lightning.

Crowds of wavering people shoulder-bumping into one another, shoes squeaking on the alcohol covered ground. Silent pads of steps, hands intertwined, fleeing toward the secretive rooms of the house.

 

Jungyeon is too familiar with the scenery, though hasn’t seen it for a while; but it still turns familiar in a matter of minutes.

She sits down on a stool in front of the bar, lodged beside the dance floor.

At first, she tries to ignore the painfully obvious. But she can’t help it, her eyes wander on the curves and edges of a familiar, smiling blonde twirling in between her group of friends, like a spotlight in a dark room.

Their eyes meet. She doesn’t miss the way Momo looks not at all caught off guard, her body motions growing bigger for a second.

 

Jungyeon her lips, doesn’t waver, not when Momo is holding on a steady eye contact and sizzling her way through the crowd.


I shouldn’t do this.

 

She tells herself, through slithering blues and reds. But then, Nayeon doesn’t even exist. Why wouldn’t I do this?

She stands up. Her glass hangs loose from her relaxed fingers. Her chest constricts but she pushes the feeling down far into her heart.

 

Because it’s just silly.

 

She meets Momo before the girl can leave the dancefloor. They meet in the middle of dancing bodies, pushed left and right, getting close enough for their foreheads to graze.

Momo is quick not to let Jungyeon slip away. She puts secure hands on both sides of her jaw, while Jungyeon does as much as finger Momo's dress on her waist.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Hey.” Jungyeon mutters under the sway of her partner’s lips. Momo takes a breath in, Jungyeon finds herself enticed in her made-up eyes.

 

“You haven’t been calling me lately,” Momo slurs with a of the hand down her neck.

 

“I know.” She answer. Nothing more than that. Momo watches her with a raised eyebrow, but doesn’t question.

Jungyeon feels her head being pulled gently, nose nuzzling in Momo’s cheeks; ever so lightly.

It’s quite sensual, the way Momo trails the tips of her left hand fingers down her neck. It sends her chills down her nape.

A familiar rush takes over, for a split second, when Jungyeon feels herself getting pulled toward Momo’s lips. The split second that makes her wake up, where her upper lip ghosts on the girl's one, follows. She frowns, turns her head away and puts her forehead to Momo’s bare shoulder.

 

Momo’s hands don't leave her burning skin just yet.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Her head throbs with a feeling that she doesn’t like. Like she doesn’t like what she just foresaw happening, if she actually landed her lips on Momo’s. “Nothing.”


The blonde girl hesitantly bends down to look at Jungyeon. She sees a speck of confusion and maybe some distance forming in her eyes.

 

“You don’t like me? Did I do something wrong?”

 

Jungyeon detaches herself from her. “That’s not it… I…” She stammers. What is there to say, anyways?
 

Momo looks taken aback, almost panicked. “If- If I went too fast, just tell me I-”

 

Look at yourself, Jungyeon. Well done.

 

“Nevermind.” She ends up saying, shaking her head at herself and getting Momo completely thrown off.

 

“I’m sorry.” Jungyeon apologizes to the girl with a caress of the hand on the Japanese girl’s cheek.

She snakes away from the dancing crowd, snakes away from the drinking crowd (puts her drink back on the bar, not even half drank), edges closer to the doorstep, and perceives a flash of Jihyo’s focused eyes watching her with interest, from the leather couch covered in liquor and lipstick.

 

Jungyeon flees the place, leaving everything behind.

 

From: Park Green Grapes-hyo

Did you go home?

 

To: Park Green Grapes-hyo

I think you saw it already

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Jungyeon doesn’t talk to Jihyo for days. She doesn’t exactly blame her best friend, but more her habits of clinging to what she can control. It’s Jihyo’s way of being, a borderline control-freak, a speck of care in all of that; a big heart with smudged darkness on it.

 

She knew Momo would be there. Jungyeon knows from the way Jihyo looked at her when she left the place, a few days ago.

 

She knew. Of course she knew. No. She planned it.

 

But it wasn’t like Jihyo knew she would cave in. She never knew that Jungyeon felt a little angry at herself for believing something as dumb as…

 

She snorts, the sound getting muffled by the cars whooshing by in the hectic streets of night Seoul. “ing dumb.”

 

Her feet work their way to God knows where. She doesn’t know where she is heading to, but the evening breeze helps her clouding mind.

So clouded that she doesn’t watch where she walks. She bumps into someone, shoulder against shoulder, hard enough to wake her up from her reverie and to send her tumbling a little.

 

She turns around to see who the pushed her, but all she sees is the back of a woman rushing down the street, her dark hair waving under the power of her steps, with the wind.

 

Jungyeon frowns. That back is familiar.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notes: so yes school killed me :-) I really had no time to write for the past month, so I apologize for the late update but it will surely be like that now that school started. Again, thank you for reading, don't forget to leave me your feedback ♥