002.

In The Palm Of Her Hand

Jungyeon gulps on the large cup in her hand, liquid burning when it trails down . She’s with her dearest friend, the only one that understands her, the only one that is worse than her when it comes to what they do.

 

“Jihyo,” She whispers under her breath in a voice that is dangerously low.

 

Jihyo turns to her, chestnut hair and skin reflecting the lights of the room; and for a second, she gets surprised by how sneaky the way they’re looking over the crowd of dancing bodies is.

She can’t help but feel that she is disgusting.

 

She points to a girl at the far back, her friend’s eyes follow. The girl in question is next to the wall, shyly dancing with what looks like a friend of hers. Her hair are shoulder-length, brown, and her top lip is droopy, like it’s waiting for a peck to smile.

She’s obviously stunning, more Jihyo’s type, not really hers.

 

Jihyo turns her stool to look at the girl properly. A smirk enchants her lips. “I’m going,”

 

Jungyeon sips on her drink again. She hasn’t found anyone just yet. She’s a lot pickier than Jihyo and will probably call Momo again to set a date (probably not, who is she kidding?).

She remembers her dream of last night, how different it was from the others and how it happened after she slept with the blonde girl.

 

Someone that isn’t Jihyo is talking to her but she doesn’t pay attention. Instead, she looks at her hands. They’re clean.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The same girl, in the same white room, is walking on an endless white ocean, on the tip of her toes.

Except that this time, Jungyeon isn’t in the white room. She’s dressed in a white again and she’s standing in front of an inactive fountain filled with the ink that seeped into her skin last time.

It’s glistening and it’s beautiful but Jungyeon feels scared that it’ll hurt her.

The girl steps beside her and she turns to see her profile looking into the fountain. When Jungyeon looks back there, she sees her reflection in troubled waters but not the girl’s.

 

“Why are you not in it?” Jungyeon asks but her body moves even when she doesn’t want to. She dips her hands in the dark ink.

The girl beside her watches her until she gets her hands out of the there.

 

“I’m not in it.” The girl whispers. The fountain disappears, the room turns white and her hands hurt. She’s standing in the middle of the white ocean. The girl is standing in front of her, staring at her hands.

 

“Can I help you with that?” The girl asks and Jungyeon looks down at her hands. It drops in the water. There’s a lot of ink.
 

“Please,” Jungyeon answers. It doesn’t sound like herself-- no, it doesn’t sound like her everyday self. It sounds like her hidden self.

 

The girl reaches out a hand to Jungyeon’s. It’s starting to burn, to seep in, but the girl puts her fingers above Jungyeon’s knuckles and the pain stops. When her hand circles her own, the pain goes away completely.

But then, she sees the girl bite her lips, in pain.

 

“It hurts,” She whispers.

 

Jungyeon immediately jerks her hands away from the girl, who looks up to her in confusion. There’s a faint stain of black on the pads of her fingers.

 

She heaves in the moment her eyes open to find a familiar ceiling above her. Jungyeon urgently sits up, sleep gone, dream disrupted. She’s shaking.

 

I stained her.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“It’s too real. I can still feel the pain and the… the ink, and everything.” Jungyeon confesses to her friend.

Chaeyoung chews on her straw. “That’s definitely weird.”

 

“It didn’t hurt in my past dreams,” She continues in the midst of scribbles on her notebook. Chaeyoung looks at her from the other end of the table, confused.

 

“I mean the ink. It didn’t hurt at first.”

 

Chaeyoung hums. “Oh. When did it start then?”

 

Jungyeon tries to remember. It comes back to her, effortlessly. Odd. “After I slept with that Momo girl.”

 

Chaeyoung sits up, completely entranced. “Oh, now that’s so ing weird. Remind me how’s the girl in your dream?”

 

“Dressed in white, shy… Basically the opposite of me.”

 

“But you told me you’re also dressed in white,”

 

“I was dressed in black the one time it hurt.”

 

“Holy ,” Chaeyoung whispers, “It’s like you’re connected or something.”

 

Jungyeon shrugs. All of this seems a little too crazy for her to wrap her mind around it, let alone discuss it. “I don’t even know her name.”

 

It’s Chaeyoung’s turn to shrug. She calls for the waitress to order another milkshake. “I don’t know what to say. You can just wait and see.” It gets silent for a second when Jungyeon focuses back on her work. “If it gets weirder you should get a psychologist appointment,”

 

Jungyeon looks up, lands a hit on her shoulder. “You sneaky midget.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She doesn’t dream of the white room and the white dressed girl for a few nights.

On these nights, she wakes up with a hint of disappointment at the back of her tongue, but doesn’t admit it because finally, she was able to sleep properly without having to wake up in a mess of jumbled thoughts.

Jihyo introduces her to a girl later in the day, night actually, and she ends up doing what they usually do in her car.

It definitely isn’t the best place to do it, but Jungyeon doesn’t care. Jungyeon doesn’t care because she’s just in to check if her doubts are real, if she really wants to stop doing what they usually do, looking away from the girl’s half lidded, lusty eyes and gaping mouth with a feeling of disgust.

 

This isn’t right.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The same girl, in the same white room, is walking on an endless white ocean, on the tip of her toes.

 

Except that this time, she’s sitting on a white pillar. She looks at herself, she’s dressed in black again.

 

“It’s you again,” A voice rings in her head. It’s the girl’s.

 

Silence.

 

“I didn’t see you last night.” The voice rings again.

 

Jungyeon feels something against her back. Another back. The girl’s back?

 

“I know,” Jungyeon answers. “I missed you.” The words tumble out of unconsciously. It feels a little too real for this to be a dream but she knows.

 

The girl doesn’t answer just yet. Jungyeon stays mum. Her clothes are so dark. Her hands are so stained.

 

“Me too.” The girl ends up answering and Jungyeon feels her chest burn like last time.

 

Jungyeon wants to turn around because the girl is right there. They’re back to back, she knows, because when the girl spoke she felt the vibrations.

 

I felt it.

 

The ink drips to the void beneath them. The pillar is so high but strangely neither of them are afraid of falling.

 

“Why am I dressed in black?”

 

“You’re dressed in black?”

 

Jungyeon nods before she remembers the girl can’t see her. “Yeah.”

 

“I don’t know...” Silence. “How does it feel?”

 

Jungyeon feels a rip on her chest and her hands start to hurt. She hisses a breath in and puffs it out, again and again. The black ink on her skin is bubbling and she's scared. She doesn’t it to come inside of her.

 

She doesn’t realize the girl moves, behind her, to stand on her knees, right behind her, before Jungyeon sees two thin arms wrap around her head and two thin hands wrap around her own.

Everything calms down, from the rip in her chest to the agitation of the black ink.

 

It doesn’t hurt anymore but she hears the girl hiss.

 

“Stop it!” Jungyeon yelps. She tries to move but she can’t. “You’ll get hurt!”

 

“It’s okay,” The girl says, right beside her ear and not inside her head. “Let’s share it.”

 

A white light pierces through the room.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

She feels like throwing up. Jungyeon shoves her blanket off of her body as soon as she wakes up, and hurries to the bathroom, turning on the tap with shaky hands.

 

Once her face is dripping from water, she looks into the mirror. Eyebags are digging in. Pale. She looks horrified. She thinks of the girl in her dreams.

 

Why is she so kind?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notes: im weirded out by my own ty writing like wth is this au