Act 2: Connected

Dreams of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night time, right before she sleeps, Eunbi will always look at the seashell that has been with her for the past twelve years. She listens to it with a sad smile, and proceeds to tuck herself in.

Every night, she dreams of their experiences together, sometimes true, otherwise fiction written by her mind. 

 

"What's for lunch today?" ShinB asked with much anticipation.

"I'm not sure, but I heard Ms Jung say beef!" Umji's eyes sparkled as spoke.

"Time for lunch!" The call excited the five-year-olds, just as every day. They were always the first ones to reach the table.

"I love food," ShinB said as she sits on the chair, clasping her hands together gleefully.

"You say that every day," Umji giggled at the elder girl, whilst trying her best to get up onto the chair (Umji was always the smaller one). ShinB automatically bent over to help pull her up.

"I love you too!" ShinB smiled and plunged a big hug onto Umji. Umji laughed and lovingly accepted the hug.

The adults had never failed to be amazed at how the situation repeats every lunch time; but they were furthermore awed by the link that connected to the young hearts together as one.

"Separate souls
Unified"

 

In the morning, Eunbi wakes up by herself and prepares herself for school. At the table, she does not say anything while eating her breakfast except for a morning greeting to her parents who are usually already seated.

In fact, she never really talks to them anymore. Although they still mean family to her, although she can still smile and laugh with them, she has already lost a huge part of her family. 

 

It was when Umji's sickness was getting out of hand, and the orphanage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter