Searching

You're My All, Say Goodbye
Please log in to read the full chapter

‘I CAN’T FIND MY SISTER! SHE DISSAPEARED!!’ Daesung was shouting at the police station.

‘I am sorry but you haven’t seen her in just 4-5 hours. That is not enough for us to make her a disappeared person.’

‘She left to buy a cake and she didn’t even reach the store. She went to buy A F-CKING CAKE! Somebody must have abducted her… What do you think? That she just run away like that?’ shouted Jiyong.

‘Both of you need to calm down.’

Suddently, Daesung’s phone rang.

‘Yes, mum. What?’

‘What?’asked Jiyong.

‘They found her phone and wallet on the Red street, on the street.’

‘The Red street?’

The Red street was close to them so there was a possibility that she passed through it to go to one of the shops. The problem was that it was a small one and people barely pass through there. It was dangerous and Dara knew it.

Did she take that way to go the shop? Maybe she thought that since it’s daytime, it’s safe. This makes me even more worried… Could she really have been kidnapped? thought Jiyong.

‘SEE?’ shouted Daesung.

‘We’re sorry, we still cannot do anything, yet.’ said one of the police officers.

Daesung looked like he was going to hit him.

‘Calm down, calm down...’ said a trembling Jiyong.

There was nothing they could do so they left.

‘We have to search more… And ask people if they saw something… If somebody abducted her, they must have had some sort of car or something...’ started analyzing Daesung.

The reason why they were already having these thoughts was the fact that their town wasn’t exactly the safest place in the world.

So they did. Jiyong, Daesung, Mr and Mrs Park and Bom all spent together hours and hours until midnight. When there were still people on the streets, they asked them. When night fell, they went further and further to search for her. However, there was no result.

When they were all exhausted, they decided to head to their homes. They, also, wouldn’t want to stay too long on the streets during night. They all agreed that they would start searching again in the morning and that there was nothing they could do that night anymore.

Near Jiyong’s house there was a park in which he sat down on a bench.

The possibility of her leaving on her own will is out of the question. I can’t find other explanation than somebody abducting her.

He felt like somebody had just stabbed him in the heart.

But why… It must be someone who knew her...

He sighed deeply to give him the courage to think about the possibilities.

If only I knew more about her colleagues…

Dara wouldn’t tell him much about her life at the college. A bit about her friends, a bit about the teachers and a lot of complaints about the though exams… Everything was fine and normal and this was everything Jiyong wanted to know.

Tomorrow.. I’ll start questioning her colleagues. But what if it’s none of them… There have been so many abductions and… and… murders… in this town… why didn’t I go with her? It was in broad daylight… how could it happen… No. It must be somebody who knew her… The distance to the shop is so small and she didn’t even get there… And our area is not that dangerous… Sure, there are a few desolated streets like Red street but still... Daylight plus the short distance from the house… Could it be somebody who knew her and stalked her? He could have just waited in front of the house to kidnap her… No, that’s impossible, the probability of her getting out of the house alone when we were all inside was really low… No, this wasn’t something planned. Random attack? But why in daylight and why in this area? Was he just passing by and saw her? This is the most plausible explanation. But if this is true… No… It is...

‘NOT!!!’ shouted Jiyong.

He looked at the stars. He couldn’t imagine where she was right now.

The possibility of her leaving on her own will is out of the question. I can’t find other explanation than somebody abducting her.

He felt like somebody had just stabbed him in the heart, again. He spent hours sitting on that bench.

But why…

‘Jiyong!!’ shouted his mother as he entered their home. Even though it was 4 am, his mom was awake, looking outside the window for her son. She had done this all night.

At 26 years he was still living with his mother. He never had the money to move on his own, neither had he the heart to leave his mother alone.

She hugged her son in a sad embrace.

‘You should rest. Do you want to eat something?’

‘No mum, I’m okay.’

He entered his room and locked the door.

I will find her. I will. I will question everybody tomorrow at her school and find out if somebody who knew her took her. But what if there’s a complete stranger? What shall I do? What shall I do?

He fell asleep asking those questions.

.

.

.

Dara was humming while putting on make-up.

‘Morning, baby!’

‘Morning...’

Jiyong just op

Please log in to read the full chapter