Chapter 2

Loved

Jungkook stared at his phone in the toilet stall, hiding from all the hateful gazes from the rest of the student population.

'Jungkookie... Me and Jiminnie will be waiting for you at after school. We're going to pick up my little dongsaeng while we're at it, so it's more convenient for the both of us. Love you~

TaeTaeHyung <3

They can't come to school! They'll see how much the rest hates me, and there are bound to be questions. What if they hate me too?

No.

Making a decision, Jungkook decided to make an excuse for them to go ahead first.

'Hyung, you guys should go ahead first. I still have to meet Teacher Choi after school, I'm not sure how long I'll take.'

Kookie>.<

Jungkook stuffed his phone into his pocket as he heard the bell ring. He grabbed his bag and rushed to his class, ignoring everyone around him as they rushed past him like a stream. He thankfully, managed to make it to class on time, in his usual seat of the corner window seat right at the back. The whole row was empty, as expected, and Jungkook could be non the happier. There was no one to bother him after all.

Surprising enough, he never did meet Yugyeom anywhere. And the day went on as well as it could, other than the glares that he normally received, he was fine. And that could only mean two things.

a) Either Yugyeom had successfully managed to scare off the other students.

or

b) The rest of the students were planning something bigger. Meaner. And that did not bode well for him.

As much as he liked the first one, the second was a more likely answer.

As usual.

 

As luck would have it, he was unscathed.

Until school ended.

 

"Get out of here you useless piece of trash! Here, now you smell like one!"

Something was smashed onto his head, he felt it break and slime started to slide down his face. A putrid smell filled the air.

Of course, rotten eggs. Classic.

One after another, he was egged by students, and at the very end, someone stood right in front of him. He prepared himself for a strike, but all he got was shock when a thick fluid was splashed onto him. Red paint. He gasped. And either the main hallway allowed sound to travel well, or someone else had gasped as well.

Oh. Oh.

His hyungs had seen the whole thing. Of course, it being the main hallway, Taehyung's younger brother must've asked to meet them there. Jungkook felt his heart sink, along with shock when who else but Kim Yugyeom was spotted with them.

Ah... So the same surname wasn't a coincidence after all.

He saw the look of anger on his hyungs' and Yugyeom's face, and the sound of the students present jeering and insults were muted as he braced himself for the rejection from his hyungs. For being disgusting. For being so hated. For being so damn useless.

I'm sorry. It's been great, hyungs. Thank you for yesterday, Yugyeom.

"Yah!"

He looked up as he heard Yugyeom shout at him. Or the students. He didn't know.

"How dare you people do such a thing! You disgust me, and Kookie is way better than you guys, covered in eggs and paint or not. In fact, the trash that needs beating are you guys! So take a look at yourself before you ing comment about others. And if you guys dare lay a hand Kookie here again, I WILL teach you guys a lesson. One that will not be forgotten. Mark my words."

Jungkook was surprised. He didn't think that Yugyeom would continue defending him. Even after multiple evidences provided by the students about how disgusting, how ugly, how unworthy he was of love, Yugyeom still stood by his side. He startled when he was suddenly pulled in a hug by his Jiminnie hyung, and his mind blanked out when he was kissed.

He immediately pulled away because he didn't want his hyung, his pure hyung to be tainted by someone like him. Diseased. Infected. He never did notice that his hyung's eyes only watered more at this action.

His wrist was gently tugged and he started travelling in the direction that both his hyungs were pulling him towards while Yugyeom fumed behind them, the student population in shock after witnessing the scene. They arrived at the nurse's office, Taehyung nowhere in sight. Jungkook sighed, of course Taehyung was too good for him. He was right for leaving, and so should Yugyeom and Jimin.

"You guys... Don't need to stay with me. You can leave if you'd like. I know... I'm disgusting be around right? You and Taehyungie, no, Taehyung deserve to be with someone better. Yugyeom there are better people to befriend than me. You don't need to waste your time on me anymore, thank you for all the help so far."

His head was down as he mumbled all this. All he felt was a smack on his head, and then warmth.

"You idiot. I'm glad you spoke to me but if those are going to be your first words to me you better think again. Who is going to leave you idiot?"

"Jungkookieeeeeeeee I'm sorry for not noticing earlier. Taehyung and I both are. And who's going to leave you? You're not digusting, the people who did this to you are. No one should be treated like this. "

Jimin rubbed his head into Jungkook's chest, whereas Yugyeom hooked his chin on Jungkook's shoulder. Just then, Taehyung burst in, and he immediately went on his knees.
"I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT NOTICING ANYTHING JUNGKOOKIE I'LL MAKE THEM PAY I PROMISE I ALREADY DID THEY'RE GOING TO APOLOGISE THEY'RE ON THEIR KNEES OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW AND I TOLD THEM I WOULD PERSONALLY HUNT THEM DOWN IF ANY OF THEM TOUCHES YOU AGAIN AND I-"

Jungkook let out a sob, halting his rambling.

"I don't deserve anything. Why are you all doing this? I'm digusting. My voice is disgusting. My presence is disgusting. Why would you?"

"Whoever told you that is going to die I swear to ing God. Have you heard yourself Jungkookie? You sounds heavenly, those people are just ing jealous. You're hella handsome, and cute and everything adorable. You're like a ing bunny personified. There's a reason why we chose you Jungkook, and not all the other hoes."

"You deserve everything and more Jungkook ah. You helping us with chores, you're hardworking, your cheerfulness that is refreshing after a days worth of work. Your caring nature towards everybody, even if they've harmed you or not."

"I am personally going to make them ever regret touching you if they ever do it again. I swear Jungkook. And Tae hyung?"

"Yeah Yug?"

"I approve of your relationship."

Jungkook couldn't help it then. He was overwhelmed, grateful, hurt, concern, anxious, anger, sadness, worry, despair. Tears flowed down his cheeks, sobs wrecking his frame as the three hugged him tighter.

"We love you Jungkook ah. Never doubt that."

"Thank you."

 

And yep. It's over. Thank you to those who read it. It's short, I'm not exactly satisfied with it, but I'll edit it when I have the time. Which will probably be sometime in November/ December. Major exams are coming, and if I don't do well I am literally screwed. Well then, tell me what you think, and I hope you enjoyed this. THANKS FOR READING, HAVE A KOOKIE BUN :)