Hoseok

Collection of BTS Angst Series: I need u version

Hoseok stared at the mirror on top of the bathroom sink. He couldn't recognize the man in front of him anymore.

His face was gaunt, cheekbones prominent as his face hallowed in. His skin was so pale it was sickly. The dark eye bags present under his eyes made it looked like he hadn't slept in days or maybe even weeks; he didn't even know anymore.

He looked like a ghost. And that was how he felt inside too.

Hallow. Empty. Dead. 

In the past he had been known as everyone's "hope". Someone who could always smile and be cheerful. Someone filled with life and happiness.

That man was gone now. 

He couldn't even remember the last time he was able to smile, or show any emotion at all.

Had it been yesterday? Last week? Month? He didn't even know anymore. 

He just knew that the moment you had died; time had stopped for him. Everything was just an endless cycle of pain, loneliness and misery now, and it would be like that forever. 

It's funny how things can happen so quickly and suddenly. One moment he had been happy, talking to you on the phone, waiting for you to come home from work, just like any normal day.

The next, he heard crashes, screams, then nothing. 

They told him it had been an accident. Your car had malfunctioned and lost control, and like that, you had driven off the bridge, drowning to your death. And just like that you were stolen from him.

It was scary when he thought about it, that you would no longer be by his side. Every single second with you gone was lonely, quiet, and an everlasting torture.

He didn't know how he would last the rest of his life like this. 

He was scared. Back then he was able to remember and visualize every single detail about you, from your bright eyes to gentle smiles, but now he was starting to forget it all.

No matter how much he thought about you, how much he stared at your pictures, it just wasn't the same.

It scared him because he could no longer see your face, and he never would be able to again. 

Except in one place. His dreams. 

You always appeared in his dreams. Talking to him, smiling at him, telling him it was alright. But it wasn't.

The more you appeared, the more he didn't want to ever wake up. 

He began to dread sleeping yet at the same time it was all he ever wanted to do.

He dreaded having to wake up, because in the reality, you weren't there anymore.

However, it was all he could look forward to, he just wanted to be happy again. 

That's why he decided, he never wanted to wake up again. 

That's why, with no regrets, he pulled out a bottle of sleeping pills, pouring as much as he could into his hand before swallowing it all down. The more he took the better right? 

That's why, with no regrets, he dragged his thin ragged body out of his apartment and down the road to the bridge nearby, the one where you had lost your life. 

Each step he took was slow as he approached his destination. His eyelids becoming heavier as the pain in his stomach started to kick in. But it was alright, he couldn't really feel it anymore, he just knew that he was becoming happy again. 

That's why, as he collapsed on the side of the bridge, a small smile slipped onto his face for the first time in forever. His eyes slowly closed, his life slipping away, but he never felt more excited in his life. He could finally see you again. 

 
 

Admin Cookie's Note:

I'm still alive guys :') just busy, but it's Thanksgiving Break in 2 days so hopefully I'll get the time to finish writing this series soon! 

Please comment, upvote, & subscribe <3