SEER

Decagon

"Papa!" Irene started to run as if she's yearning for his father's embrace for so long.

"Irene!" Her father smiled and excitedly embraced her daughter

"You didnt tell Mom that you're going home today. I hate you. I thought it will be next week!"

"We wanted to surprise you that's why your mother made up the story that i will be back next week. Aren't you happy that im back?"

"No" she teased

"Really?" suddenly disappointed

"Nah! How can i not miss the most handsome father i ever had." She smiled and jumped to his father's back for a piggy ride.

"Yah! Have you ever thought that you'd became so heavy these years? Irene, get off. Aren't you embarassed that the people were looking at us as if were like totally went nuts?"

"Not-A-Chance"

"Great, just great! A 18 year old lady seen piggy riding her father in the middle of the streets. pretty entertaining" A feminine voice caught their attentions.

"Mom?!"

_____________
Robertson's Residence- a pretty decent home located at the South Califorian Neighborhood where Mr. Victor Robertson, 50 and Mrs. Hilda Robertson, 47 together with their 2 children: a daughter and son namely Irene and Nathan.

"Irene, when will you go to Mrs. Miranda. she will be needing this chinawares that i have borrowed from her?" Hilda asked her daughter while savoring the taste of Green Salad

"Oh, Y-yeah i'm very much sorry Mother. I forgot to bring that to her. Don't worry, i will take care of that later." She smiled childishly while slowly enjoying their family lunch. Her Father's Cooking Skills were excellent and she cant get enough of these dishes that tasted deliciously indeed.

"You better be."

"Don't worry Mom, i will. Plus its weekend so i am enjoying every minute before the classes starts tommorrow"

(Telephone Suddenly Ringing)

"Oh i'll get that" Victor stood up but Irene stopped him.

"No its okay Dad, i'll get that" and she stood up and hurriedly answered the phone.

"Hello, Robertson's Residence. How can i help you?"

No Response...

"Hello, Robertson's Residence. How may i help you?"

Still. No Response.

"Hello?"

Only a dead response from the other line. This time, Irene sarcastically answered the call before hanging up.

"Hello, Thank You For Calling and have a nice day"

"Who was that?" Hilda asked

"Probably, one of the prank callers that we had." She ignored the whole thing and proceeded to drink a glass of water.

"Are you already done?" Nathan, her eight year old little brother asked.

"Yes, little brother. Big sister will get those errands accomplished by this day. Be a good boy. Okay?" pinching Nathan's button nose and kissing her parents goodbye.

Just wearing her signature white t-shirt, black jeans and pony-tailed hair, the lady started to dash off from the house carrying those chinawares that her mother instructer her to return.

Meanwhile...

"Do you think it's already the right time? Hilda asked with a sad expression visible on her face.

"No. Not yet. Things will settle in its own time."

"I surely hope so Victor. i really do hope so"
_________________
It was a sunny day in Westbrook, California and Irene surely enjoying the    weather. Well, although she loves Winter, it was the bright sun that makes everything cheerful and vibrant for her.

"Agh!" All that Irene could remember was she was on the verge of falling and all of her Chinawares started to crumbled into pieces... Into Million Pieces..

It feels like she was on a slow-motion picture when her eyes met his... The Man who accidentally bumped her. The man who came suddenly from nowhere.

She felt the strong arms held her body carefully. Her eyes started to close anticipating the fall to the concrete ground...

"?" She opened her eyes only to see that she didnt actually fell. But awkwardness filled up the whole sorrounding as soon as she looked up only to see that she's on someone's arm.

"Argh!!!!!!!!" she screamed so loudly.

"Miss. Stop It." The man who is somehow looks like the same age as her  responded with a very manly voice. She stared at him in disbelief.
_________________
"Now What?! What will i do now?! These chinawares are expensive and definitely i couldn't afford to replace it. My allowance for the whole month will not be enough for these. I am totally busted" Her face started to red as she started to pick up the broken pieces.

"Hey. Will you please stop that Miss? you will get you hand cut with what you're doing"

"Will you please stop teaching me with this huh?! You're the one who bumped me and made me fall. Now, Mrs. Miranda will choke if she'll see this."

"Okay, I am sorry for this. Now, will you stop picking up those? You are going to get yourself hurt"

She stubbornly picked up the broken chinawares and then...

"Ouch"a blood started to roll down from her hands.

"Now what?" The man was annoyed. "Here, Let me..." he started to kneel down and grabbed her arms while the latter started refusing.

"What are you doing?"

"Arent you a LITTLE stubborn huh? Here let me tend your wound."

"Why would i? I dont know you and i barely know you Mister but thank you anyways"

"Come On! Dont make this even harder for the both us Dude. Stop being a brat and let me tend your wound"

"Wh-hat? For your information DUDE, let me make this clear for you, first of all, i am not a BR-A...." She stopped as soon as the guy started to grabbed her hands and pulled out a piece of cloth from his pocket and started bandaging the cut. Right at that moment, Irene couldnt stop from staring at him. Wierd things started to dwell up inside her mind. "He looked definitely manly with him tending my wound... Wait. what am i even thinking? This dude is definitely uncool and definitely not a gentleman"

After tending those wounds, Irene awkwardly pulled out her hands from him.

"If you want i will pay for these chinawares."

"Huh? Too bad, these are one of a kind chinawares and it can only be purchases on a store here."

"So what are we waiting for? Lets go"

"Well, t-that's the thing, they are closed during Sundays"

"That's Fortunate"
________________
Malloy's Residence.

"What?! You did what?!" Miranda exclaimed in disbelief as soon as Irene told her about what happened to her Chinawares. "Do you know how much i lined up to that store just to get that special edition china? Irene i am really disappointed with this"

"I apologize Mrs. Miranda. I shouldve been more careful with those."

"You shouldve been. Do you know that i only let my chinawares be borrowed by your mother because i know how she takes care of something that she doesnt own."

"I-i am willing to work here for a couple of days just to replace those china. I dont know where could i get the money to replace the broken wares but if you'll let me, i will work for it"

"Ah-Ah. No. Your Mother will going to be disappointed with this but i couldnt bear to see that you're going to work for me. You're mother will going to kill me"

"But---" Mino interrupted.

"Sorry for barging in. Hello Mrs. Malloy. i am Mino, a friend of Ms. Irene Robertson. i am sorry bout what happened. To be honest, it was my recklessness that caused her to break those china. if you'll let me, i'll pay the damage or i'll personally replace it" He bowed.

"No need for that. Okay i'll let this pass but i am hoping that these wont happen again okay?"

"Yes" Irene and Mino chorused.
_______________
(On the way home, Both of them walking side by side)

"M-Mino right?" She shyly said

"Yes?"

"Okay Mino, i just wanted to get this chance to say Thank You for saving me from future chaos. I know that my Mother are going to ground me if she'll know about this."

"No Problem. it was my fault anyways. That's the least thing i could do though."

"It was a becoming a bit hot in here. I could take the time to eat Ice Cream. Come on,  let's grab some dont worry, it's my treat" Irene unintentionally grabbed his hands while the latter felt the sudden jolt in his chest.
____________
Greenfield Park located at the center of the whole village.

"Hey Mister Bryce!" Irene smiled

"Oh! its you Irene. Are you going to get your usual fave? by the way who is he?"

"Him? His Mino, Mino, this is Mr. Bryce."

"Hello Mr Bryce. Nice to meet you"

"Quite a handsome and a polite man you got there huh? Is he your boyfriend?" The ice cream man whispered to Irene causing the latter to be embarrassed.

"What? No!"

"Is there anything wrong?" Mino asked

"No Mino, there's nothing wrong. were just talkin bout the flavors. Right Mr. Bryce?"

"Hmm...."

"Right?"

"Yeah. I guess" Bryce just smiled in approval.
___________
The two sat on a wooden bench installed at the park while both of them savoring the delicious sundae.

"The sundae seemed to be perfectly created. its delicious" Mino said while smiling.

"Mr. Bryce's Ice Cream was my favorite since i was a little girl. Me and Nathan oftenly visit this park just to eat his sundaes. its worth getting for."

"Nathan?"

"Nathan. He's my little brother. that cute stubborn little boy that i cherish a lot. i couldnt wait to pinch those chubby cheeks of his. Kinda remembers me of a puffy teddy bear. So squishy" She smiled unknowingly that Mino is staring at her the whole time.

"How about you?"

"Ah?" He's interrupted.

"Yeah. What about you? Tell me something about yourself. Its not fair for me to keep on telling my life when i dont know where you came from"

"Me? Trust me there's nothing worth telling. Just a simple guy who seemed to be walking by and bumped into a pretty girl named Irene"

"Cough.Cough"

"Is everything alright?" Mino looked concerned.

"No. Dont worry. its not fatal." her face reddened in embarrassment. "By the way, it seems that you're pretty new here? Where street do you live by the way and what do you do?"

"Nothing. we just moved here and i dont even know what street i have. Kinda familiarizing everything here"

"I See" Then a vision started to show on her Mind as if she was watching a blurry tv program.

(Irene's Vision)
A young little girl wearing a pink mini dress walking down the road across the street with her vanilla sundae from Mr. Bryce's Ice Cream Truck. The girl didnt know that there would be a while van fastly approaching then. ultimately killing her in the process.

"...Irene? Irene? what seemed to be the problem? Are you sick? I think we should better be going. Come On, i'll drop you home just show me the way"

"No. i am okay. it might be just a mild migraine." She smiled assuring Mino. But its apparent that she's sweating and breathing heavily.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

(Crash!)
People from the park started to run from a nearby road. Crowding one place, Creating curiosity from different passerbys. Both Mino and Irene ran towards the scene and....

"Oh My..." Irene muttered as she was shocked. Shocked to see a little girl wearing a pink mini dress with her splattered Vanilla Ice Cream on her right hand was killed immediately on a car accident.

She was ultimately saddened and traumatize by what happened. she couldnt utter a single word. The only thing that she could do was to stare and be frozen. "What did happen? What was that? What was happening to me?"