SPELLCASTER

Decagon

"Hey! Are you still mad at me?" Irene texted. "Okay. i am sorry. please forgive me now. 😭"

"Hey?"

"Mino?"

"Hey"

"I'm serious"

"I'm Sorry..."

11:00AM and Irene is still wide awake. Still couldnt sleep as her mind was filled with thoughts. Thoughts of having this sort of unexpected "abilities" lately and lastly, thoughts of regretting what happened yesterday.

She scrolled up and down but still no response from her text messages. "Mino might had been upset. Alright, lets wait for a minute and if he's not going to respond, i won't talk to him anymore."
_______________
Westbrook High, everyone is busy preparing for the upcoming Acquaintance Circle. Posters had been posted to the bulletins and officers of the previous year's Student Council are collecting all the signatures and preparing all the props to be used to the big event.

Meanwhile, Irene with her usual messy pony-tailed hair and nerdy thick glasses walked towards the halls of the second floor where her room is located.

"Oops! Not Again..." Irene could feel that she was falling again.

But then again...

"Am I always going to catch whenever you fall?" Mino said while carefully securing Irene with this arms.

"..."

She went back to her senses and started to walk as if nothing happened. She quietly made her way to the room without even greeting or looking back to the man who just saved her from falling twice.

On the other hand, Mino was confused by her cold action but didnt make a big deal about it. Instead, he just smiled and scratched his head. "Irene..."
___________
Ladies Comfort Room. Irene was feeling a bit uncomfortable and she suspect that it might be something to do with the food that she ate yesterday.

"That Ramen was horrible. I will never ever go to that restaurant again." She was in pain as she's touching her aching stomach. "Now what do i do?"

She doesnt have the choice but to enter one of the stalls and tried to unload anything that she needed to unload. While in the middle of her "thing", she could her two girls entering the room. They were a bit noisy as they were talking about the upcoming event.

"This event will going to be fantastic. Miss Wendy will going to do just fine. Just Fine"

"I know right"

Both of them laughed creepily. Those laughters were filled with maniac tone as if you were watching Freddy Krueger from The Nightmare on Elm Street. It started to become more and more eerie and creepy as soon as they talk about the ceremony.

"Are we going to do it everytime that the clock strucks at 12:00?"

"Indeed. Its the symbolic time where the past meets the present. the night and day. the good and the evil."

"I see. we should perform the ceremony  at the school's library. The place is closed and no one will be there after 6:00PM"

"Dear, don't you worry. Miss Crawford knows what she's doing. All things will be according to what she had planned."

Unknown to the two, Irene was listening behing the walls attentively. She was curious to what "plans" and "ceremonies" they are talking about. And why is Wendy connected to this? Her mind is full of suspicions and the only thing that she have right now was the vision of Wendy being a Witch which is yet to be discovered.
__________
It was after class and everyone are excited because the circle would be later tonight. It was still at 4:00PM in the afternoon so janitors and some students are still at the school and one of them is Irene.

There are some books that she needs to return from the Librarian. Good thing that the Library was still open until 5:00PM so she still have enough time to return those.

"Great" She was clearly annoyed as the person she wanted to talk to wasnt there. The School Librarian wasn't there. The room is empty which makes it a bit eerie and wierd. "Probably, Mrs Deen already went home".

She took the initiative to return the books according to its section. Irene was able to return all of them carefully but as soon as she walks to the hallway, a section from the far right side of the room caught her attention. It was a section where students seldom venture. It was a bit dimly light but she can still see the labels of the books. Some of the books are old literature from different authors. Some books are torn and Some are recovered as she can see some tape marks on its covers. She further ventured towards to the fartherst side where books without labels are pur together. "This might be where the books from different genres are kept. Its amazing how they look old but the school still managed to preserve them"

Bam! a mild thump startled Irene. It caught her attention as her eyes searched for it only to see a brown book fell from the shelf. She picked it up but it was a bit heavy. The book's cover was rusty and its obviously old as its color seemed to be dark and dull.

The book has a big Triquetra sign on its center. "Book Of Shadows" she said as she opened the pages only to see different witchcraft spells and potion making recipe. She was a bit terrified due to the fact that a book like that exist but excited at the same time as she ventured to the contents of the book. But as soon as she attempted to unfold another page...

Irene's Vision
Wendy entered the Library together with the two ladies that acts as her assistants only to find Irene reading the book. Much to her chagrin, she burst into anger and send Irene across the air  using her mind telepathically and thew her severely injuring the latter. But as soon as Irene could get up and exit the room, Wendy casted an encantation that sent the whole room into fire killing her while Wendy together with her minions laughed maniacally.

Irene was horrified and hurriedly returned the book into its own place However, it was too late as Wendy entered the room. Irene finds a place to hide but...

Blam!

"Crap!" She accidentally tripped only to caught Wendy's attention.

"Who's there?" Wendy asked

"Maybe Mrs. Deen"

"That's Impossible. Mrs. Deen went back to her house early."

"Then we have company"

"Come On, Wherever you are. Show yourself to me"

Irene quitely held her breath and silently hide on the corner where no light comes across but Wendy's heightened senses are too strong, she could sense that someone is inside.

Wendy could sense her place and slowly walked towards her while Irene was scared to death.

"Uhmpf...."An unknown force grabbed Irene from behind. She wouldve screamed but good thing, the stranger closed from screaming and getting the Witch's attention.

"Sshhh... relax. its me Mino" He whispered.

"M-Mino? But wh-why..."

"Shh. Dont move and dont talk. We cant risk ourselves being caught."

They hid from the little space behind the shelf and fortunately, Wendy ultimately caught no one. The three ladies get the book and exited out from the room locking them up.

"Mino? But.. Why are you here? What are you doing here?"

"I was here in the Library earlier to return my books when i went here only to find the book"

"The Book of Shadows? You mean that book full of Witchcraft?"

"Certainly i did"

"So its true. That Wendy is a Witch?!"

"You got it right."

"I just dont get it. How did it happened?"

"I dunno. But this is the second time that your vision saved you."

"So if Wendy's a witch then what am i? a sort of fortune teller or what. I am certainly going crazy. Am i a Witch too?"

"Probably Not. I dunno what to answer but here's the thing, from now on i just want you to trust your visions. This is the second time that it manifested"

"What if i dont want to? Those horrific visions of a young girl being hit by a car, Wendy being a Witch and her killing me in the process. I dont think i could handle those."

"That's what it supposed to be. It probably tells you the future and you have the chance to prevent it from happening"

"Oh.. I just don't know what to think." She was exhausted as all of these information are hard to absorbed.

"Relax, Everything will be alright. I will be here" Mino wrapped his arms around her comforting the weeping Irene.

"Hey! What are you two lovey-doveyas doing here?" The school security guard caught them.

"Guess we're busted"
______________
Acquaintance Circle, the night the whole campus are waiting and anticipating for. Everyone was having fun as they cheerfully dancing and singing along to the guest band live performances. The faculties and teachers were also present. Meanwhile, Irene and Mino were present but not to have fun but to investigate.

"What did you hear from the two girls?" Mino asked.

"The two of them said that there will be some sort of ceremony or ritual that they are going to perform at the Library. By the way, are you sure we need to do this?"

"Yeah, you have a vision for a reason. Who knows, it might be the one"

"You sure you know what to do?"

"Trust me" Mino smiled.
_______
They sneaked in into the Library and they could see Wendy and two of her assistants are preparing for a ritual. Candles had been lighten up in a circle encricling Wendy at the Middle while hugging the Book.

"What are they doing?" Irene curiously asked.

"I dunno but all i know is that whatever they are doing right now is a no good one."

Both of them watched silently from a far.

"By the way, when this ceremony will be performed?"

"From what i have heared, It should be completed as soon as the clock strikes 12:00 AM. they said that it was the time that the past meets present and the good will meet the evil"

"I see. A Convergence Spell..." Mino snapped.

"What? What did you say?"

"Ah... N-Nothing. I said they might be trying to cast a spell"

(Inside the Library.)

"Master, if you dont mind. What spell are you going to cast?"

"I am going to cast the Convergence Spell. It must be done by a Spellcaster who has the access to the Book of Shadows to get use the good magic and evil to manipulate the will of all the students here at the school under my power. Its a powerful spell that i have casted years ago. I also used this to win the elections last year. But it must be done during the full moon or else it wont be enough."

12:00 AM and the clock started to ring. Signifying the start of the ritual. The book of shadows started to glow as soon as Wendy opened to book. She started to chant the spell.

"What are we going to do now? She's going to control the mind of all the students here. We need to find a way to stop this" Irene said

"We dont have the way to counterattack her spell but the only way to stop her was to stop her completing the chant before the 12:00 ends. Because after a minute past midnight, the spell will not going to take effect."

"Wait a Minute, how did you know about this?"

"You'll see..."

Wendy's Spell: Convergence Spell
"The Past will meet The Present
The Good will meet The Evil
I stand to call the great power
To command all of them under my will"

Mino entered the room, interrupting the ceremony. Before Wendy could utter those spell, Mino threw a elemental ball towards the Spellcaster. Wendy was quick to deflect the projectile using her telekinesis but failed to complete the spell as the clock started to strike 12:01 AM. The two ladies under Wendy's power fell unconscious. Probably, the spell had worn out.

A Furious Wendy faced Mino while Irene on the other hand was watching in disbelief. She didnt know what to say as soon as she saw Mino threw an elemental projectile towards Wendy. She was completely lost.

"Ah...You, Mino. I didnt know you're capable of doing that. Too Bad, youre too cute to be killed." Wendy's eyes glowed as the books started to float on midair and then after her command, all of them were fastly approaching towards Mino's direction.

"And you think you can beat me with that? Think Again" Mino deflected the projectiles swiftly and smoothly. After that Wendy casted a Fire Sphere spell.

Wendy's Spell: Fire Sphere Spell
"Sun and Fire
Burning with much desire
With Dragon's Breathe
Let them burn to death"

Mino didnt see that coming. All he could see was a pure light before he was being thrown unconsciously outside leaving Wendy inside as the place started to burn in massive fire.
_________
Then a flashback happened only to find Mino scrolling up and down to his phone reading Irene's messages. He was smiling. Upto the last message, he dared to reply...

"Im sorry..." Then the phone notified him...

Message Unsuccesful Please try again later.

"Crap!"