Chapter 3: Proof of love

Ignorance isn't Bliss

So how can I proof my love to Chanwoo.

Let see… Showing him affection won’t do anything given his obliviousness. He’s smart, but dumb… Oh wait, he’s smart, right? So maybe, I will need a smart way of proofing my love.

The next day. I called Chanwoo.

“Chanwoo~~ I’m feeling sick; can you accompany me to the hospital?”, I pleaded.

“You’re sick? Sure, why not.”, he readily agreed.

Perfect.

When we reached the hospital, we registered and all that, and waited for a while.

“You look fine to me.”, Chanwoo blatantly said.

“What… What’re you talking about, can’t you see that I’m sick… because of you.”, I flirted as I hang on to his arm and put my head on his shoulder.

He just stared at me, “Really? I gave you a disease? But I’m not sick recently. So what kind of disease?”

“No, I mean… Hah… whatever. You’ll get it soon.”

Soon, it was my turn. “Wait here, ok?”

I went to the doctor room. “What can I do for you?”, the doctor said.

“I want you to diagnose me with lovesickness.”, I said boldly.

“Eh… what?”, the doctor was (understandably) surprised.

“Yes, you heard me right.”

“But, lovesickness isn’t even a real illness.”

“Look.”, I said as I took out a cheque book. “How much money do you want?”

After the negotiation, the doctor went outside to call Chanwoo. “Mr. Chanwoo?”

“Yes?”

“What is your relationship with Mr. Junhoe?”

“Friend. Neighbour actually.”

“Ok, I need you to come in with me, I have something important to tell about Junhoe.”

As soon as Chanwoo entered the room, I clung on to him needily; hugging him and all that. But it seems that he’s unfazed by my skinship. Has he gotten used to it?

“What happened to Junhoe?”, Chanwoo asked.

“Ok, first I need you to take a deep breath.”

The doctor continued, “He has been diagnosed with a severe illness…”

“Really!? Is it that severe?”

“Yes. It is that severe. He has lovesickness.”

“Eh… Lovesickness?”

“Indeed. Lovesickness.”

“And… What can I do to help him?”

“If you want to cure him, you need to show him your love.”

“Oh… I see. I guess I can do that.”, Chanwoo said. “But wait, if he’s diagnosed with lovesickness, then how can I cure him with more love?”

Dang it, I told you he’s smart.

“Err… That’s…”, the doctor was surprised with the sudden valid question.

“But that’s ok. I trust you. If that’s what needed, then I’ll try to love him.”, Chanwoo continued.

Phew…

We went home immediately after the consultation. On the way home, I used my illness as an excuse to be needy. And, it also allows me to stay in his apartment, so that’s a plus.

“He told me to show you my love… But how’s that supposed to work?”, he asked.

“I don’t know, I’m the sick one here.”

“Hmm… I think I’ll go to the library and find some book about this. Can I leave you here?”

“No. Don’t leave me.”

“But it’ll be ok. It’s just for a few hours. I’ll be back before dinner.”, he tried to insist.

“Argh… my heart…”, I acted. “It hurts; I think I’m dying.”

“Wha… Wait, no, wait!”, Chanwoo panicked.

“Argh… It’s so painful. Oh, goodbye world.”, I acted further.

“Wha! Hold on!” Chanwoo panicked even more. Finally, he decided to give me an emergency kiss. It was slow, and soft, but not less passionate. Our lips stay touching for a good while, before he backed off.

“Did that helped?”, he asked, still staring at me.

I was still stunned by the sudden kiss. This kind of things should be normal, but for some reason, today, it felt so special. Maybe, for the first time, I feel the sincerity in his kiss.

“Yes, it does.”

“Phew…”, he took a deep breath. It seems that he’s still trying to calm himself from the panic. The more I look at him, the guiltier I feel from lying to him. He really is precious.

“I lied.”, I finally admitted.

“Eh?”

“I’m not sick.”

“You aren’t?”

“That should be obvious, but you always fell for my trick.”

Chanwoo just pouted. He’s still so adorable.

“But I want to proof my love to you.”, I said. I pulled him, trying to kiss him, and to my surprise, he doesn’t avoid me.

After the kiss, I asked, “Are you mad?”.

“No. You’ve proofed enough.”, he said. “But…”, he continued. “This love thing… What does it supposed to feel?”, he asked.

Good question.

“I don’t think that’s something that I can tell you. You’ll know it when you feel it.”

“I’m new to this whole love thing… And I’m not sure if I’m even in love with you… But I want to try.”

“Then, let’s try.”, I said, taking his hand. “I’ll teach you everything about love.”