Epilogue: Class is in session

Ignorance isn't Bliss

And that’s how we became official. For real this time. (Fortunately, no more angry exes now.)

He is still the innocent guy that he always been. And I have to teach him everything that I know about the art of love. But it’s worth it.

There is this one time when he cooked dinner for me. I promised to came home early, but unfortunately, some problems came up and I ended up late. Like, really late.

He told me all that he felt that day. First, he said, he felt angry. He felt betrayed. He just wanted to throw the dinner away and sulked for a whole week. Next, however, he started to feel lonely. He is supposed to spend the night with me, but now he’s on his bed with no one. After a while, he started to miss me. He didn’t care about the dinner, the promise, or the anger anymore. He just wanted to see me.

And that, I told him, is a part of love.

There is also that other time when he got jealous. But him being him, he didn’t realize that it’s jealousy.

What happened was, some of my friends from abroad came to visit me. So I spent almost a whole week with them, barely leaving any time for Chanwoo. By the fifth day, he didn’t let me get off the bed. He kept saying, “Just stay here for one more minute.”. And when I told him that I have to leave, he kept being all clingy. In the end, I have to probe into his feelings to found out the root of the problem.

And that, I told him, is also a part of love.

But, above all that, there is always something in love that is more important than anything else.

Today is our one-year anniversary.

“It’s been a year already.”, he said.

“It is. What do you think?”, I asked him.

“I think… I have learnt a lot about love. Thanks to you.”

“There is still a lot more to love, you know?”

“Yes, I know. And that’s why I want to spent more time with you, learning more and more about love every single day.”, he said while giving me a back-hug.

Ooh… Smooth. Did he pick up that sweet-talking from me? I can only smirk at his cheesiness.

“So, do you love me now?”

He confidently nods his head.

“I love you too.”, I said as I pulled him closer for a kiss.

“You see…”, I continued. “You always make me feel all weird.”

“Weird how?”

“I felt so guilty when I lied to you, because you always fell straight for it. And every time a thought about betraying you came up, I always shut it down. Do you know why?”

“Why?”

“Because I know you won’t doubt me. You’re too trusting for your own goodness.”

“Isn’t that a good thing?”, he said as he lay his head on my shoulder.

“I guess it is.”

“Oh, I remember something.”, he said as he drags me inside his bedroom. “You see, I’m curious. I really want to try, you know, doing that.”

“Eh…? Are you sure?”

He nods, “I mean sooner or later, we’ll do it, right? So might as well learn it now.”.

I smirked at his eagerness, “Alright then, class is in session!”

Now, this, is a part of love.


Author's note: What do you think? I think I'm rushing the story a bit too much... but I'm too lazy to change it. :P