Chapter 0: Background Information

Ignorance isn't Bliss

And… that was our first meeting. Well, as of now, it has been almost a whole year since that meeting. A lot of things has passed. So, let me tell you everything that I learnt from stalking Chanwoo a brief summary to make sure you’re up to date.

First, it turned out that we attended the same university. He’s younger than me but he’s surprisingly my senior!

Apparently, he was born genius. He skipped grades a few times during school and arrived at uni a year earlier than me (that included a year break that he took between high school and uni). Oh, he also speaks multiple languages (as far as I know, he learnt them during that break year), and aced every subjects he had.

Personality wise, he is gentle, hardworking, and conscientious. He isn’t really that quiet, but he is almost always occupied with something (namely, a book) that he doesn’t really talk a lot.

After he finishes his class, he usually goes to the library. As a result, he doesn’t really have any ‘friend’. Sure, there are a couple of people that talk to him from time to time, but they’re all just his classmates discussing group project. On the side not, I’m not really a library person myself, but I found myself going there just to stare at him admire him make sure he’s not lonely.

Anyway, he also works at a publishing company on the weekend (owned by my uncle, although he doesn’t know the relationship between me and his boss) as a translator; translating best-seller books from other language to English or vice versa. He said he loves his job, which is obvious given how a book-worm he is. He is only a part-timer now, although with that kind of talent and personality, his spot as a full-timer is pretty much guaranteed as soon as he graduates.

Now, romantic life… He is hopeless at that.

What!? How!? He is nice and has a bright future, his look isn’t all that bad either, why doesn’t he has a girlfriend?

Well, he has one severe weakness: he is very innocent. Like very. He is pretty much oblivious to any social cues. You can throw him roses every day and he won’t even notice your feeling (trust me, I’ve tried).

That, makes him a very intriguing person to me. You see, I have my pride. Not to brag, but I’m a skilful Casanova. I hopped from women to women (sometimes men); all of them pleading for my affection, but none ever captured my heart. And now this one guy somehow successfully makes me choose library over clubs. Now that’s something.

Hence, I’ve made it my life mission to capture his heart. However, day by day, it seems that only my heart that got captured deeper and deeper. Him and his vast ignorance really pushed me to my edge; no matter what I do, he’s just way too oblivious of my feeling. Is he even human?

However, what’s going to happen next will change everything.