Prologue: First meeting

Ignorance isn't Bliss

“What do you mean you can’t come!?”, I shouted at the phone, pacing back and forth impatiently in front of my apartment door.

I’m sure you’re wondering why. Well, long story short, I just moved here. Like, a few minutes ago. All my stuffs are still neatly packed in boxes (which was transported here this morning), and one of my servant dad’s employee is supposed to help me unpack (actually, I’ll just make him do everything).

“Sorry… Your dad gave me an important job… I really can’t go there.”

“Can’t you just give that job to someone else?”

“Nope, sorry. He told me to do it now. Like, I’m doing it as we’re talking right now.”

I sighed in frustration. It seems that I have no other choice but to unpack myself. But I’m just too lazy… I mean, when there is always someone attending to your every needs, it’s just natural to become lazy, right?

As I ended the call, my eyes wonder to a particular boy, standing in front of an apartment right next to mine (which I assume is his), holding his key. However, his attention wasn’t focused on the keyhole, as he was staring at me, attracted by all the ruckus. Perfect!

“Oh, are you my neighbour?”, I greeted him cheerily. But, before he could answer, I bombarded him with more words, “Great! I’m Junhoe.”.

I quickly grabbed his hand to make a swift handshake. “Can you help me? I just moved in and I really need help unpacking.”. Hearing my sudden request, he just blinked at me a few times. “Please! Pretty please! I’ll buy you lunch. And dinner!”, I asked him again.

“Ok, sure.”, he finally replied.

Yes! I dragged him to my apartment and showed him all the boxes. “That’s all the stuff. You can start first. I’ll head off and buy your meals.”, I quickly said.

“Eh…?”, he was unsurprisingly surprised.

But, before he can say anything further, I dashed off with a quick, “Good luck!”.

After that, I left the building to get some takeaways. Surprisingly, it took me 2 hours to get his meals. Hmm… I wonder why. Maybe it’s because I prolonged the time so he could do as much as possible wanted to get the best quality food for my kind helper?

Anyway, I finally went back. “I’m back!”, I announced as I enter my apartment. But, to my surprise, there was no one there. The whole boxes have been emptied, and all the stuffs placed neatly all over the room.

“Oh, wow… That was very quick.”

Naturally, I went next door to give him my gratitude.

“Here, your food.”, I said while handing him two plastic bags as soon as he opened the door.

“Thanks.”, he replied quickly and tried to close the door. But, just before the door close, I hold it, “Oh wait, I didn’t catch your name.”

“Chanwoo.”