Kyujong

SS501 Shorts

The storm has been pestering your good night sleep for the past two nights and it looks like this one isn't an exception, and as predicted, your visitor for two consecutive nights is back.

 

"Come in." Kyujong grinned as you motioned him to come into your flat.

 

"I'm still working on my ability to sleep alone but to sleep alone with this bad storm is not yet in my bucket list." He heaved a sigh.

 

"Meanwhile I still wonder how on earth did you serve your mandatory military enlistment when you can't even figure out how to sleep alone." You sarcastically answered, earning a pout from the guy.

 

"I was a public service duty officer remember?" He rolled his eyes.

 

"Whatever," You threw a thick blanket and two pillows towards his direction. "good night, Kyujong~ssi" You dreamily said before turning your back on him as you open your bedroom's door; only for him to stop you.

 

"Wait!"

 

Your grasp on your bedroom's door knob tightened out of annoyance and you slowly faced towards his direction again. "Now what?"

 

Wrong move.

 

He was too near, his breath tickles your forehead as he's too tall for you, his cologne invades your nostrils and bewitches your mind.

 

"Wait." He repeated, huskily.

 

"What..." You can barely whisper as your eyes finally met.

 

"Can I sleep with you on the bed?"

 

That simple sentence bursts your bubbles all of a sudden.

 

Yes, the moment is nothingbut romantic but sleeping with Kyujong on your bed? That sounds so...

 

"Hey, I still have pain relief patches on my back and its still aching, you know? I can't sleep wellthere."  He childishly pointed at your sofa while looking at you with his puppy dog eyes look. "I slipped when I was taking a bath..." He pouted.

 

Your frustration went all over you.

 

"But I want to sleep at my bed too! I've been dying to sleep comfortably and I've waited for this weekend to arrive faster!" You whined. This past week has been too cruel in your workplace that you're just dying for this day to come and wake up tomorrow without anything to worry, but Kyujong just have to ruin it for you.

 

His eyes immediately turned serious and dark, not sure if he's mad or what but you're sure afraid of whatever is going on in his mind right now. All the frustrations you have suddenly left you and guilt is now filling you up; you felt guilty for lashing out on him when he has nothing to do whatsoever with your current situation.

 

You were on your own world when he put his hands at the either side of the door frame, preventing you from moving elsewhere but backwards, inside your room.

 

"Get inside."

 

"K-kyu?"

 

He lightly pushed you until you stumble on your bed. He pushed you by your shoulders downwards making you sit on it.

 

"Wait for me here."

 

You heard your unit door opened and was left as it is. After a few minutes, you heard your unit's door locked up and another commotion from your living room.

 

"Kyu?"

 

"It's me, don't worry." He made his presence known. In less than a minute or two, he's back in your room.

 

"Here, drink this. It'll help you relax and might give you a good night sleep." He gave you a hot cup of chocolate with marshmallows in it. Sweet.

 

"You didn't need to..." You managed to answer before having a sip. You felt the hotness run over your body and somehow calm you down.

 

"Had a rough week?" Kyujong sat next to you, he is also arranging your pillows on your bed; including those you've given him.

 

"Yes. I felt that I've been robbed off of my youth to be honest." You looked down in disappointment.

 

"Well, I hope the chocolate helps?" Kyujong finally looked back at you. His eyes are a lot gentler than how it was awhile ago before he gets the chocolate.

 

"A lot, actually. It helped me a lot." Kyujong then took the emptied cup from you, his cold slender fingertips brushed against the back of your hand as he do so.

 

"Then... Let's sleep." Before you even knew it, he's already tucking you in.

 

"Wait." You grasped his hand. "Let's? As in the two of us?"

 

He just tilted his head and continued laying you down.

 

"I hope you don't mind?" Kyujong stood up and moved at the other side of the bed, apparently he build a wall of pillow in order to set things straight.

 

"Oh... It's okay, I guess..." He smiled as you answered and carefully laid down the bed, in his discomfort.

 

"Is your back still hurting?" You sat up and assisted him.

 

"A little," Kyujong then winced as he tried to settle his back. He saw your doubting look. "okay, you caught me... More than a little?"

 

"Alright, guess what? I have this really good pain reliever ointment, lemme help you with it." You then went straight for your comfort room and looked up for your medicine cabinet to find the said ointment.

 

"Okay, let's see..."

 

Oh dear...

 

Of course it was stupid of you to be surprised at what he's doing but seeing him topless made your cheeks to burn; figuratively.

 

"I'm sorry, I don't want to bother you to removing my shirt..."  You shook your head and get back to your business.

 

"Y-yeah... Tha-that's nice of you... Appreciate it a lot." You sit down next to him, facing his back. Now, you started applying some of the ointment on your hands and gently massaged it on his bare back. You're quick to notice that he's a bit ticklish that he lightly squirms whenever your hand reaches his sides.

 

"I guess that's more than enough."  You then helped him put his shirt back on him and tuck him in.

 

"Good night and thanks, _______~ah." He glanced at you like an innocent kid.

 

"Don't mention it. Good night too, Kyujong."  You turned off the lights before drifting down the bed.

 

30 minutes passed and you still can't sleep. Kinda bothered by the space hogged by the pillow wall Kyujong made, you carefully removed it. Now, with a better space to sleep on, you tried to focus on catching your sleepiness back; only for your mind to be filled with more thoughts.

 

After a few toss and turns, you find yourself facing Kyujong's back and remembered how it was when you were putting on the ointment on his . His skin isn't that milky white but nonetheless it's soft and smooth. It was also somehow warm, unlike his fingertips.

 

It caught you by surprise when you noticed one of your hand reaching for it. It was like your hand is moving for itself, wanting to feel his back again. Thinking that Kyujong must be deep asleep now, you let it slide on his back.

 

Kyujong is a very light sleeper, but either he is too tired or your touch is too light for his sleep to be bothered, he just remained still and steadily breathing. You just can't help but be happy inside as you can touch him like this without him knowing.

 

You kept on drawing circles and stuffs on his back with your fingers until you've decided to finally write something which is more meaningful. Something that you never have the courage to tell him if he's awake.

 

시랑해 김규종 (I love you, Kim Kyu Jong)

 

You wrote it repeatedly on his back until silent yawns started to come out from your lips. Your sleepiness caught you too quick that you just let those discarded pillows from Kyujong's pillow wall on the floor, not caring how Kyujong might react once he sees it gone the next morning.

 

You finally turned your back to Kyujong; your original position before he fell asleep. Your eyelashes are almost touching the skin below your eyes when you felt delicate movements from behind. Dismissing it as Kyujong shifting as his sleeping habit, you just continued to close your eyes but just then, a manly arm hugged you from your waist.

 

"What the-?" You whispered, wondering what on earth must Kyujong be dreaming of for him to hug you while he's asleep. You gently removed his arms on your waist, only for him to make his hold on you tighter, but not enough to hurt or suffocate you anyway.

 

At that instance, you felt his body heat radiating through your back. Next thing you know, you can feel his face at the crook of your neck. His steady breathing tickles you again but also soothes you. It turns you crazy to think how on earth can he do that but does it even matter? What matters is how you feel about it.

 

"I love you too."

Speechless mess, that's what you are. You tried to face him but with his strong arms restricting your body from doing so, you failed. Instead, you felt his lips part as he rested it on your neck.

"Don't move too much. My back is stil aching, ______~ah." Kyujong murmured against your skin.

 

"I never expected you to confess to me that way. But I want you to know that I love you too, ______~ah."  He gave you feather-light kisses from your neck to your jaw. "Answer me."

 

Your heartbeat is getting erratically faster compared to his, you know since his chest is pressed on your back right now, and you can feel his calm heartbeat on your back. You tried to compose yourself by breathing deeply before answering him.

"I love you more, Kyujong~ah." You whispered vulnerably. Kyujong loosened his grip and you instinctively turned around to face him. His eyes are already closed but you can still see his eyelashes fluttering a little.

 

"I just said I love you." He opened his eyes upon hearing you beginning to whine and smiled.

 

"I know." He then kissed you on your lips, a sweet, gentle and a little bit intimate one before hugging you tight.

 

"I love stormy nights." You looked up at him and questioned him with your eyes.

 

"It gave me the chance to cuddle you like this." He chuckled a bit before leaning his lips on your forehead. "Sleep. I want you to get your youth back tomorrow." His hand is your hair making you feel sleepy.

 

"Arasseo." is all you can answer.

 

"It's 'Arasseo, oppa.' Say it." He naughtily said.

 

"Arasseo, Kyujong oppa." The both of you laughed at your antics before joining each other to dreamland.