Day Two- A Mysterious Memory

Gift of Love

"TAECYEON OPPA!" I shouted across the streets. Taecyeon oppa heard me and gave a friendly wave. I waited until the sign turned to green. I walked along with many of my fans, singing autographs and taking a quick picture with them. Once I arrived with Taecyeon oppa, we walked together. Our fans followed, but eventually, they found to respect us and ran off to their own things at once. That satisfied me as Taecyeon oppa and I entered a noisy mall. We decided to shop for cards for my father's upcoming birthday. When I mentioned my father, Taecyeon oppa looked hurt.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, frowning. We were in the card shop as my fingers skimmed through the cards. So many pretty cards! I squealed in my mind.

"Your father... what did he do to my body?" Taecyeon oppa asked. At first, I was clueless. Then, I remembered the past. I bit my lower lips.

"He buried it. He said that you were a good boy and he wished you living happily in Heaven," I smiled at him. He gave me a cold glare. 

"Did you believe him?" he asked sharply. 

"Of course!" I said, not smiling anymore. I believe in my own father now. 

"When you were young. Did you believe him then?" Taecyeon asked me. I thought for a moment. 

*Flashback*

"Oppa!" I exclaimed, watching Taecyeon oppa as he jumped over the fence. Once he landed on his feet, he gave me a smile.

"Hi Yoona," he said happily. 

"Thanks for coming! I didn't know you'd actually come..." 

"I'd do anything for you, Yoona," Taecyeon oppa said sweetly. I awed and gave him a hug.

"You're the best friend I've ever had, Taecyeon oppa," I added, hugging him tighter.

"Yoona, I might leave home," Taecyeon oppa said sadly. I stopped hugging him and let him go.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Umma and Appa wants me too. I'll come back when it's your 21st birthday," he smiled.

"Why 21st birthday!?" I exclaimed.

"Because that's when you're a true adult."

"But how about 18?"

"You're a pre-adult."

"16? That's the most important birthday! Sweet Sixteen?" I added. He thought about it for a moment.

"Nope, 21st," he smiled at me teasingly. I pouted a little. He laughed and messed up my hair.

"Ah! I'm not a dog, you know!" I protested. He chuckled.

"Okay, fine fine," he joked. Suddenly, red alarms rang in my house.

"A robber!" I yelled, clutching Taecyeon oppa's hand tighter than ever. Taecyeon oppa felt unsafe, and I could sense that.

"Wait here. I'll-" Suddenly, something-- or someone-- took Taecyeon oppa away from me. I gasped as I ran towards him. It was one of my guards!

"LET HIM GO!" I screamed, kicking the guard on his shins. He didn't budge, strangling Taecyeon oppa. My father came in chuckling evilly.

"He, he, he... you thought you could just run away?" my father asked. Taecyeon oppa couldn't speak. My father whispered something to the guard's ear, and the guard left with Taecyeon oppa.

"Appa, what's happening?" I asked. I was scared.

"Yoona, you won't be safe. Stay out of this," my father said seriously. I stepped back, but then followed quietly when he wasn't looking. He was going towards the old basement that we never used.

"Appa, what's this?" I asked, being for frightened by every second. 

"Taecyeon was going to kidnap you and run way, right? I overheard you guys saying that Taecyeon oppa would run away. I will not let anyone take my only daughter away," my dad explained. I shook my head. None of these are true!

"One," my father counted. I widened my eyes as I saw what the guards were doing to Taecyeon oppa. They smashed Taecyeon oppa to the wall.

"OPPA! APPA!" I yelled. My father didn't listen, but Taecyeon oppa saw me.

"Stay away, Yoona!" Taecyeon oppa managed to choke out. He was coughing blood. My eyes narrowed, seeing how painful it was. The rest of the punishment, I didn't look. It's to violent! I thought in my head, hearing screams and cracks. My head was banging in frustration as fear crept through my spine. I shivered, just thinking how Taecyeon oppa would look. Suddenly, it was quiet. I got up, and saw Taecyeon oppa. He was badly beaten, bones were misplaced probably, and he was bleeding like crazy. I ran over to him, calling his names multiple times.

"Yoona..." he coughed. I leaned closer so that he wouldn't need to speak louder and use too much of his energy.

"Remember, I'll come on your birthday," he whispered to me. I shook my head.

"You can't! You're gonna die! You're gonna DIE! Don't you see? You're gonna D-I-E! DIE!" I spelled out for him, shouting at him. 

"Let me ask you something. Can a soul die?" he asked me. I slowly shook my head. Souls can't die. They always reincarnate. They go through karma. 

"Then when it's your birthday, I'll come back as a soul," he smiled at me. I shook my head.

"How? You can't-" but I stopped. His heart stopped beating. His face and skin were pale. 

"Take him away," my father ordered. The guards carried his dead body in a large box. I cried.

The next day, there was a funeral about him and I saw his body. He was lying there like a dead squirrel. I cried even more when I saw his face. I was crying, begging for his soul to come back. I heard my father talking about Taecyeon oppa, about how sweet he was and all. I didn't believe a word he said....

*End of Flashback*

I shook my head.

"No, I never believed him before. But if I remember... you're a-"

"Soul," Taecyeon oppa whispered.

"How?" I whispered back.

"Well, I'm like a ghost because you can't see me. I'm a human, though, because I'm in a human body. Do you understand?" he asked me. I shook my head. What on earth was he talking about? He shrugged his shoulders

"Guess you'll have to wait later. I could explain more, but then there would be no reason for me to live. Hey, this card is good. Buy this one for your father," Taecyeon oppa pointed. He was acting like nothing happened. I grabbed the card that Taecyeon oppa pointed and bought it. I stared at him as I purchased the card. Questions popped into my head. Just then, a quick voice flashed in my head. Remember, Yoona, the voice said, When you find an answer to a question, more questions will pop out.