Chapter 2

Such A Cute Dork

 

I simply told Wendy I got the wrong girl and left... I know.. What a move, but I didn't want to raise up her expectations. Besides, I got my eyes on someone else (a special redhead, to be specific).


*


I went inside Mr. Lee's class (last period) and I sat on the same seat I sat on the last time I saw my mystery girl and patiently waited for her to come inside the room and sit beside me. I froze when I saw her. She was walking inside our classroom with her head down. When she saw me, she gave me a small smile that was big enough to make a thousand butterflies erupt in my stomach. She simply walked past my desk and sat on her usual seat, which is the seat next to mine.


Suddenly, Mr. Lee came up to me and started talking about something I didn't do and his punishment was to pair me up with someone in a project. He told me her name was Mina,


"Who the is Mina?!" I practically screamed at Mr. Lee as he sighed. He pointed to the redhead beside me and I immediately apologized.


Mina.


What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I felt so embarrassed for screaming because I was paired up with someone I didn't know which later I found out that she was actually this girl I like/have feelings for.


Damn it.


When Mr. Lee walked away I quickly turned back to Mina who had just took out a book and started reading. She had her hair in a messy bun which made a couple of loose strands of red hair fall to the side of her face. She looked so hot when she was concentrating. Her glasses were almost falling off the bridge of her nose making her look like a hot nerd (but i don't think of her as a nerd)


I slowly tapped her shoulder which she responded quickly to. She jerked her head at my direction and quirked an eyebrow at me questioningly, damn she looked so ing hot. My eyes flickered down to her lips which had been pursed. It looked so kissable. She cleared and I quickly looked up to see her flushed face. I felt my cheeks heat up upon knowing I was the one that caused pink stuff appear on her cheeks, "I-uh-Sorry, Mina.." I finally said after centuries. Her name sounded so natural when it slipped out of my mouth.


"I-It's okay.. It's my fault, I never introduced myself to you.. o-or maybe you already knew my name and you were upset that you have to put up with me for the whole year, I know... I get that alot." She said quietly, making me feel a pang of guilt on my chest,

"It's not that.. I just- You know what? I'm sorry.. It was so immature of me. It's just that I had a bad day yesterday," I explained, hoping that I convinced her since it was the truth.

She nodded and smiled genuinely making my stomach flutter at the sight,
"It's okay." She said, smiling and then she turned her attention back to Mr. Lee who is currently teaching a lesson.

I looked at Mina one last time before a tiny smile appeared on my lips.

She's so cute.

 

 

*


Before I could head for the door, Mr. Lee called out my name. I mentally groaned and walked back to him, "So, Momo, about your project with Mina," He smiled as he saw my eyes light up, "Here are what you need to do," He handed me a long- sheet of paper-but that only means that I would have more time with Mina, "Wouldn't it be a good idea if both of you do it tonight?"

"Yes."

I jerked my head towards the person beside me. Mina was here the whole time? I looked at her and smiled. Nice to know she was actually looking forward to this project. Mr. Lee talked about how in the end of the year we had to present it to the whole class... So that meant... I was going to spend 39 fridays with Mina! Working for the project, of course. Before Mina left, she gave me a toothy smile that never failed to melt my heart.


With Mina in my mind I would really have a good sleep every night. I would have dreams about her (not wet dreams s). She would be the damsel in distress and I'll be her princess charming. I would totally like that.

 

*


I went inside the brew, since I work there. Well, I came from a rich and wealthy family, as people say, but I tend to get money for my needs with my hard work. I'm not those spoiled rich kids that don't even bother to have their own life. I was immediately greeted by Im Yoona, the owner of The Brew. "Goodevening, Hirai." She chriped. I smiled at the woman's use of tone. She sounded so happy. Whenever people I care about are happy, I become happy too.

"Goodevening to you, too, Yoona." I smiled warmly at her. Yoona and I have been friends since I was out of the womb, she's also my roomate. At first, my mother disapproved of me living all by myself in Seoul so I begged Yoona to let me live with her. I was thrilled to know that Yoona owned a café so I had a great start and I have been saving money too. I came from a snobby prestigious elementary school, kids wanted to go to that school but their parents couldn't afford it.. I, on the other hand, hated that school. The teachers were too strict and the rules were unnecessary also the kids there always tried to impress me because they wanted a 'very rich' friend. The only real friend I had was Dahyun.

Her mom and my mom were bestfriends, that's how we met, She wasn't like the other people. Instead of her trying to impress me, I tried to impress her. She hated rich people which made me have interest in her. No matter how hard I tried she wouldnt be my friend. Until one day, I finally told her the reason why I wanted to be her friend and she eventually gave in.

"By the way, today, you're going to have to work until 12am." Said Yoona.

I smiled, "Sure thing, ma'am." I joked, chuckling.

"Call me that again and you're going to have to get a new job." She says in a serious, taking all her stuff, ready to leave.

I picked up my apron and wrapped it around my waist, turning around to say bye to Yoona. I smirked, "I'll always get a job easily if I wanted to, I'm a Hirai anyways." I joked again, playfully winking at her as she rolled her eyes and stepped out of the door.

I sighed and turned the closed sign to open.

 


-

It's already 10:44 and I've encountered over 34 costumers already. I was about to go in the kitchen when I felt my phone vibrate in my apron pocket. I quickly took my phone out of my pocket and answered the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"H-Hi Momo."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at who called me.


Unknown number

I put my phone near my phone again,

"Hello, who's this?"

"Mina" i felt butterflies erupt in my stomach when I heard her giggle,

"Hi Mi!" I chirped, sitting down on top of the counter,

"Hello.. So about the project... Maybe we could do it right now? I mean you're awake..."

I looked at the clock, 10:49pm.

"Hey, Mi, do you usually do projects with other people at this time?" I joked.

"yea" she thought I was serious.

"oh, sure, umm do you know where the brew is?" I asked hesitantly,

"Yea, I go there every morning..."

"Oh. Well I'm at the brew right now. Actually, I kind of live here."


It was true. Except I don't live in the brew. I live beside the brew, an apartment.

"oh, cool, im coming. be there at 11"

"bye"

"bye, Mi"

 

-

 


"Wow, you have a nice room, Momo." Mina murmured when she entered my room. I followed her into my room, but I didn't say anything. I just looked at the back of her head as she looked around, genuinely interested in my room for some reason. She turned around and our gaze met, she smiled. "About the project, don't we like need a camera for it?" I nodded quickly and swiftly turned around and went over to my closet and rummaged into it, looking for my camera.

I finally found it and I showed it to Mina, "This is the camera we'll be using, Mi." I announced, throwing the camera up in the air making Mina gasp as I caught it.

"Don't do that ever again, Hirai, we might have nothing to use for our project!" She exclaimed making me stifle a laugh. I could afford to buy a new one.

I can't wait for this to start.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK NOW STOP BEING CUTE. 😄

JUST A LITTLE UPDATE. :)