Date

Oh Boy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junior Year

 

EXT – Street Outside Jaehyun and Chungha’s House – 07:00AM

 

“Good Morning, LOVERBOY!”, screamed Chungha to a very groggy Jaehyun.

He walked past her, without a word. Making her throw her bag towards his back.

“What?”, he asked with a flat tone as he turned to her.

“You’re not in the mood?”

“Let’s just go to school in peace, please?”

Thinking that she should not bug him any further, she just pouts and walked behind him on their way to school.

 

 

INT – Study Room 8, School – 05:00PM

 

Solbin entered the room where Somi and Chungha are currently discussing Biology.

“Hey guys!”, she greeted.

The two welcomed her in unison. “Hey!”

As she sat across the girls, she looked at Chungha with a bright smile on her face. “Chungha, I really want to thank you, for just being nice. Especially with helping me with Jaehyun. I really, really appreciate it.”

“No problem!”, Chungha shakes her head.

“So…. how are things going with you two?!” Asked Somi.

“Well… I’m planning on asking him out on a date!”

The three screamed, and ends up laughing at how noisy they are.

Solbin looked at Chungha, “Do you think he’ll say yes?”

“I don’t see a reason why he’ll say no.”

 

 

INT – Jaehyun’s Room – 03:00PM, Saturday

 

Chungha went straight to Jaehyun's room as she settled the groceries she helped Mrs. Jung carry home.

Disappointed by the looks that they might not play, she finds him getting ready – fixing his hair in front of the mirror.

Curious, she asked. "Where are you going?"

"I'm meeting Solbin at the cafe.”

She skipped her way behind him, “Oh! You said yes?”

“I guess.”

She pokes his cheek, smiling at him as he looks at her. “I wish you all the best on your first official date, Jung Jaehyun.”

 

 

INT – Coffee Chu, Garo-sugil – 04:00PM 

Right on time, Jaehyun sat by the café veranda waiting for both his orders and Solbin. He got them cups of hot chocolate and churros.

Solbin then appeared 10 minutes later in a simple white shirt, rugged light blue jeans, and braided hair.  

“I’m so sorry I’m late, did you wait long?”

“Not at all,”, he said. “I ordered for us, if you don’t mind.”

The two had conversations about their favorite movies, favorite TV shows, favorite food – and even their plans for the future.

It took them about an hour to realize they had spent so much time talking at the café, they weren’t able to go around.

 

-

 

They then went to the nearby mall to check out things. There was also a cinema in it.

While looking around, Jaehyun noticed how Solbin was looking at the movie posters, which kind of gave away the idea she really wanted to watch the film.

“Want to watch it?”

Her eyes widen, “But you said, you promised it with someone else.”

“But I believe you really want to watch it.”

She then smiled at him, putting her arms around his. “Let’s go watch it then!”

 

-

 

The two bought their tickets, even sharing the bill for their snacks. They opted for buttered popcorn and crispy M&Ms which Jaehyun recommended.

Curious of how it tastes like, Solbin nods and smiles in agreement.

In the theaters, Solbin casually steals glances at Jaehyun whose eyes were glued to the screen. She can’t believe it, he’s far more nicer than she thought he would be. And she’s really happy right now.

As they enjoy the mix of sweet M&Ms and salty buttered popcorn, Jaehun leans towards Solbin with his eyes still focused on the scree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter