Heavy

Oh Boy!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JUNIOR YEAR

 

The morning after Jaehyun’s gate slam, everything still feels tense…

 

INT – Jaehyun’s Bedroom – 06:00 AM

 

Jaehyun checks his Kakaotalk, re-reading his unsent apology to Chungha. Sighing at how stupid their argument is. And how petty of a human being he is, getting mad at his uncalled name during the ball game.

 

INT – Chungha’s Bedroom – 06:00 AM

 

Chungha blankly stares at her room’s ceiling – recalling last night’s events. Somewhat reflecting, and somewhat frustrated. She hates this. She then took her phone to check messages. But the one she wants to receive the most has not arrived. How will she face him? How will this end?

“Jung Jaehyun, you over dramatic brat!” she muttered as she toss and turns on her bed.

 

 

INT – Jaehyun and Joohyuk’s House – 07:00PM

 

Jaehyun just came out of his room, all ready for school. Joohyuk became aware of his presence and carefully spoke.

“About last night.”, he said. “I want to explain.”

Jaehuyun shuts the elder one off, “I don’t want to talk about it. I don’t want to hear about it.”, as he drinks his morning milk.

Mr. Nam then enters the dining area, unaware of the tension that built up between his boys. He then was followed by Mrs. Jung who cheerfully greets the three handsome men in her life. To the extent of kissing Mr. Nam’s cheek in front of the boys.

Joohyuk adored the them, contrast to Jaehyun who puts on a look of disgust and horror.

After finishing up his meal, Jaehyun then heads out of the door. “I’ll be going now!” 

“Make sure to tell Chungha she’s required to come later tonight for dinner.”

Jaehyun just waves his hand in return to his mother, not liking the idea as he scrams off the door.

 

 

 

And so it begins. The divide. The awkward silence. The battle of each other’s pride.

They walked a street apart on their way to school.

They say no word as they change their shoes.

Not even looking at each other as soon as they settled in the classroom.

The bell rang, indicating the break. And still, there is nothing.

 

 

 

EXT – School’s Rooftop – 11:30 AM

 

“You’re alone. That’s rare. Where’s Chungha?”, Ten asked as he walks toward the napping Jaehyun who has a comic book covering his face.

“We fought last night.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m petty.”, he mumbled.

“Just as I expected.”

Jaehyun threw the comic book in the direction of his friend. “What does that even mean?”

“That you are petty.”

Jaehyun then grabs Ten’s collar, putting him on headlock. Making both boys laugh.

Behind them was Chungha who just came to check on her Jaehyun. She then quickly heads down to the study area instead. Since he doesn’t seem to need her company anyway.

 

--

 

Going back to their classroom, Chungha then finds the second mysterious note, now stuck on her desk:

 

“TWO: Smile more, it suits you.”

 

 

INT – Study Room 7, School – 05:00PM

 

It’s another day where Chungha has another tutorial session with Somi – and she brought someone with her.

“This is Solbin, my cousin. Junior Class 2!”, Somi hugs her cousin in endearment. “This is Chungha, my lovely tutor. Junior Class 1!”

Girls acknowledge each other, with Chungha thinking how cute Somi’s cousin Solbin is. Like Somi, her features doesn’t look average at all, in a good way. And she’s somehow envious. If only Jaehyun likes girls, she could probably his type – she thought. What a shame.

 

--

 

Somi and Solbin steps out of the study room, for Somi to walk Solbin out of the study area. They then bumped into Jaehyun who seem to be constantly walking back and forth the halls.

“She’s in room 7.”, Somi informs the boy with a very flat tone.

“I know.”, he lied.

Somi rolls her eyes, “Then go on, go to her then! What a coward.”

Noticing Somi’s company, he bowed to Solbin before rushing near the study room where Chungha is in.

 

--

 

“Who’s that guy?”, Solbin asked Somi as they head down the stairs on the way to her classroom.

“Jung Jaehyun – Junior, Class 1. Captain of the basketball team, and Chungha’s bestfriend. Why?”

Solbin then turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter