Chapter 2

Can't See The End
Chapter Two: Would you go on a date with me?
 

 
"You know, there's this one really hot guy in our school. He's so hot but sadly he's a player. He changes his girlfriend like he changes his shoes. I'll trade everything I have just to have a date with him but with him asking me out first..." Yuju said as they're sitting at the cafeteria to have their lunch. Chaeyoung just eat her sandwich while silently listening to whatever Yuju is saying.
 
"You know, there's nothing to lose right? He's hot and rich and smart so even if he's a player everyone still want to date him, including me. I wish I could be his Cinderella. Haaaaaaa...." Yuju continued with her rambling about the hot guy before finishing with a soft sighs.
 
Chaeyoung just nods along to whatever she was saying. "I am actually curious on how the guy look like since you talk 'a little bit too much' about him." She lowered her voice at the 'a little bit too much' part so Yuju won't feel offended because that was not her intention to do so.
 
Yuju is about to start describing that guy, imagining his face in her brain to start again with her fangirl rambling when he saw the said guy walking towards them (might as well just be Yuju's imagination).
 
"Speaking of the hot devil. That's him." Yuju motions to the guy who's walking towards them(?) with her eyes and Chaeyoung follows Yuju's gaze afterwards.
 
As soon as her eyes landed on the said guy her mind goes blank and empty. That guy have this strong yet charming and claiming aura all over him and that face seriously screams BAE. Chaeyoung can't think of anything else other then 'perfect'. In her eyes that guy look perfect, 100% her type. 'No wonder everyone likes him so much' Chaeyoung thought. She just continue staring at the guy's figure until he stops infront of both of them.
 
Chaeyoung can see from the corner of her eyes that her new friend is dying well more to fangirling inwardly right now. She really want to give a round of applause to her friend because she can still maintain her straight face well unlike her, she's panicking right now. Should she pretend like she doesn't speak korean or something? Is that guy going to scream at her face for staring too long? Is that guy going t-
 
"Hey." The hot guy said to both of them with a small smile plastered on his handsome face. He then face Chaeyoung before continuing not wanting to wait for their reply.
 
"I'm Mingyu. I heard that you're new here?" So Urm welcome? Is that what people always said?"  Mingyu chuckles lightly and that caught Chaeyoung off guard. His laugh is so beautiful in her ears. It's like a comforting soft music.
 
Chaeyoung is contemplating whether she should answer or not. Her hands are shaking and she felt so nervous, she just doesn't know where to look and what to do anymore.
 
"Yeah, she's new here and thanks for welcoming her." Yuju came to the rescue when she saw her friend are shaking. After witnessing what happened in the class this morning. She assumed that Chaeyoung is the shy type and doesn't talk to a lot of people. The whole period before recess she just talked to Yuju but most of the time she's sketching something in her sketch book.
 
"Urm... Okay...." Mingyu said awkwardly when Yuju answered for Chaeyoung while she just sits there like a mannequin.
 
"Don't get me wrong I'm not busy body or anything she's just too shy to talk to others that's why I answered for her." Yuju added not wanting her Prince Charming to think of her as someone busy body . 
 
"Aaaa, I see. The shy type, huh?" Mingyu nods his head while smiling all too brightly at Yuju and I swear that's not the sound of Yuju's heart beating like a drumroll. "I know you're a nice friend but can she answer my next question by herself?" Mingyu added before turning back to face Chaeyoung.
 
Yuju just makes an OK signs with her hand, motioning that she won't answer his question for her or interrupt them. 
 
"It's just a yes or no question, you can just nod or shake your head as the answer, don't worry if you don't wanna talk then I won't make you." 
 
Chaeyoung nods slightly at Mingyu's question. And that make him smile.
 
That a one hella good move Mingyu because she doesn't think she can talk anytime soon since she's still so nervous and 'why is this guy so nice I'm crying' Chaeyoung is screaming inwardly in her head for the second time today. 
 
"Alright good. So would you go on a date with me?" Mingyu asked in a hopeful tone.
 
"Oh Mai God!" Yuju is now in shocked because her friend just got asked out by Mingyu. Mingyu. The freaking hot famous handsome guy, Mingyu! Do you know how impossible is that? Yes he dated a lot of girls before but usually the girl will asked him out first well there's only one girl in particular that Mingyu was the first one to ask her out but that was a long time ago. And he didn't ask any girls out after their break up. Let's not talk about that right now.
 
Chaeyoung widen her eyes at what Mingyu just asked her. 'Is it just me or this world is stopping? Am I turning deaf? Or am I crazy for hearing things that's impossible?' She doesn't know how to respond. Yuju just said just now that she will trade everything she had just to have a date with Mingyu which with Mingyu asking her out first and right now Mingyu is asking her to go on a date with him? The famous hot guy in school is asking her out? 'What have I done in my past life to deserve this? On the first day of school if I may.' She thought again.
 
After a long silence, Mingyu decided to ask again. 
 
"So is it a yes or a no?"
 
"Just say yes!" Yuju screams a little too loud that all heads are turned towards them. Yuju nods her head as sorry for disturbing other people. She then said again slower this time. "Youngie, just say yes." 
 
Yuju's voice woke up her from her trains of thought. Should she agree or not? She practically doesn't even know this guy so why would she say yes? But where is the harm, he's hot. 
 
Oh, wait! Right! Yuju likes this guy so how can she say yes. She'll hurt her new friend if she did so and Yuju will leave her and stop becoming friends with her and maybe hate her. 'Omaigod what should I do?' She thought. But Yuju just asked her to said yes. What's all this. She's confused and she doesn't like this situation.
 
"Thanks for the offer but I think my answer would be a 'no'." Chaeyoung used all the courage she had to answer him. She didn't forget to emphasis the word no so that it will just make Mingyu leave without bugging her further. 'Can't believe I just rejected the most wanted guy in school' 
 
"But may I know why?" Mingyu asked with a frowned eyebrows.
 
Chaeyoung continues to eat her forgotten sandwich while ignoring Mingyu's present there. The school bell suddenly rings signalling that the recess is over.
 
Mingyu have something important to do after recess so he need to hurry up an leave but that doesn't mean he will give up. He will not lose this bet.
 
He groans slightly before saying "I'm going but don't think I'm giving up already I just had something important to do. I'll be back and I'll ask you again and that time I'll make sure you'll say yes. No matter what." 
 
Mingyu then runs out from the cafeteria and hurriedly go to the teacher's longue since he was tasked to take a few class materials for the next class by Mr. Do the one teacher he hates the most. Mr. Do is always grumpy and angry and for sure he didn't like Mingyu so much. He didn't even know why, he never did anything to that teacher but that teacher just hate him. Maybe because the fact that he's really tall and Mr. Do is so short like a penguin. Who knows.
 

 
Meanwhile, back at the cafeteria, Yuju still can't believe her ears. Her new friend just rejected the most wanted guy in school well specifically, the guy he wanted to date. Don't get her wrong, she did say she want to date him but that doesn't mean that she have a strong feelings towards Mingyu. It's just high school puppy love you know. 
 
It is a very widespread experience in our process of maturing. It happened to everyone. The attachment we feel towards someone may be a peer, but that way we could detect fondness for someone else outside our family. What's so wrong about puppy love? It gives young people a new sense of individualism. Sometimes adults just can't understand us, teenagers. 
 
She really didn't mind if Mingyu like Chaeyoung or anything it's just a crush so why would she mind right? But Chaeyoung took it the wrong way. She thought that Yuju really like him and would be mad about what just happened. She thought that Yuju will stop being friends with her just because of this.
 
"Let's go. Recess is over." Yuju said before standing up and leave cafeteria together with Chaeyoung.
 
Chaeyoung just follows, walking behind her while staring intensely at the floor. 
 
Chaeyoung looks troubled. She have a lot of things playing inside her head right now. But for some odd reason she can't differentiate which one is real and which one is not. Her dreams keep on coming back, messing with her memory.
 
"Are you okay?" Yuju asked worriedly when she saw Chaeyoung stopped tailing behind her.
 
She's in pain right now. She needs help yet she didn't do anything. Lately, this happened a lot of times but she never tell her parents about it. 'Should I tell someone? It's not something serious, right?' She thought in between her confusion. But she decided to pushes everyone away and handle it all by herself. 
 
"Stay away from me. Just go back to class without me." Chaeyoung said while gasping for air as she's panicking. What's happening to her? She shuts her eyes closed tightly with her face scrunched up the effect of bearing the pain.
 
"Are you seriously okay?" Yuju asked again, this time stepping closer as she puts her hand on Chaeyoung's shoulder.
 
"Go away!" Chaeyoung said in a louder tone while pushing Yuju's hands away from her shoulder.
 
Yuju decided to not ask Chaeyoung any further although the she's dying to know why Chaeyoung suddenly turned like this, she figured out its best for her to just stay silent right now. Chaeyoung looks like she's in pain but at the same time she looks like she's pushing anyone who will come near her to help. So its best if she don't. Because only God know why she really want to treasure their friendship eventhough she just knew Chaeyoung for a few hours.
 
And to do that she needs to respect Chaeyoung's decision by staying away from her....
 
And so she did.
 
She walks back to their class, leaving Chaeyoung alone at the now empty hallway.
 
 

 
Author's Note
I'm so sorry for the short chapter. *bows*
I got caught up on planning for my cosplay and other stuff this week so I haven't been writing much.
I just started writing this yesterday tbh and yea that's why it's short.
I promise the next chapter will be longer and better.
 
 
Love, M.