Chapter 1

Can't See The End
 
Chapter one: Challenge accepted!

  


 

I saw my mom... she's crying and asking him to stop but he didn't. He continued on hurting my mom, I don't understand why. Mom begged to him endlessly but he acted like he didn't hear any of them at all and continued with what he's doing. I saw it with my own eyes but I'm too scared to even move a finger. Too scared to go and help my mom out. I just sat there crying while watching my own mom suffered from all the abusing that the horrible guy was doing to her. I'm such a useless child. I didn't deserve to be loved.

 


 

Sweats are slowly going its way down from Chaeyoung's forehead, wetting the pillow she's sleeping on. Warm tears falls down her soft, rosy cheeks. Heavy breathing filled the air. Rough movement of her hands grabbing for her blanket clearly showed how much she's terrified right now. Soon she was screaming her head off causing both of her parents that were sleeping in their bedroom woke up by the noise she made.

 

"It strikes again!" Mrs. Park said while running towards her daughter's bedroom followed by Mr. Park. 

 

She quickly grabbed the doorknob and push the door open. Mrs. Park ran to Chaeyoung's bed and hugged her tightly.

 

"It's okay, baby girl. It's just a dream. Whatever bad dream you're having remember it's just a dream, baby girl." She whispered softly into her ears while cooing her back to sleep. 

 

Meanwhile Mr. Park sat down on the bed besides the two, mother and daughter while gently patting Chaeyoung's back.

 

"Will this ever stop?" Mrs. Park asked her husband with her now teary eyes. It hurts to see her own daughter having nightmares every night since she's still 4 years old. Chaeyoung never stopped having nightmares but the weird thing is that she never woke up whenever she had those nightmares. It's like she's trapped in that nightmares.

 

Although with all those screaming, those tears, those sweats and all. Not even once she had ever woken up by it. But it still need to stop. She once hurt her own arm while she's sleeping. She scratched her arm until it bleeds badly and it leaves a nasty scar on her right arm. 

 

"I don't know, honey. I don't know." Mr. Park answered sadly while shaking his head. They've tried everything to make it stop. He sent her to the most professional counsellor in the world, to the best psychiatric in this whole freaking world, he did all he could do to help his daughter but nothing worked. All those treatment she went through in Italy, Columbia, Monaco and now in Australia didn't help at all. Those nightmares keeps on coming back and it keeps on getting worst and worst. They just can't seem to find the answer to her sleeping problem. It's a rare diseases if you can say so. Just 2% of people in this whole world have this kind of problem and they're still finding the right treatment for this kind of disease. 

 

 


 

 

"Good morning, baby girl." Her mother greeted her cheerfully before drinking her expensive cup of floral scented tea.

 

"Good morning, mother." Chaeyoung flashes her mother her sweetest smiles while bowing slightly. She then sat across of her mother before sipping on her freshly blended strawberry juice made by one of their maids.

 

"Ready for your new school?" Mrs. Park asked her excitedly. 

 

"Yeah, sort off. But how if no one want to be friend with me?" She said concerned with her social abilities. She's not good at talking and making friends so she's concern about it since she'll be attending new school since today. 

 

The Park's just move back in Korea after staying about 3 years in Australia to find the cure to Chaeyoung's sickness but sadly they still haven't found any. They came back here in Korea since Chaeyoung said she missed Korea and she wanted to attend her last high school year in Korea. Her loving parents were worried at first but seeing how hard she tried to convince them they decided to take a break from searching for the cure and let their daughter live her teenage life for now.

 

"Then they are at lost." Mr. Park suddenly appeared from nowhere answering the question for her mother.  "Look at how pretty my daughter is. And in addition, you're also a genius. Seriously who wouldn't want to talk to you." Her dad added.

 

"I bet the boys will be all over my pretty baby girl." Mrs. Park .

 

"Urm, that's not gonna happen. Tell me if the boys are disturbing you. I'll hunt them down for you." Mr. Park joked and that makes the whole family laugh together. It was nice laughing with your family while having breakfast, really. What a happy family they are. That's what people thought. What they don't know is that they're actually suffering inside but they just cover it up with their laughter so that they too can feel the tad bit of their happiness left.

 

 


 

 

'Ahhh! A fresh new start' She thought. Chaeyong will be attending new school today. A normal school. She was in the elite school before in Australia but she pleaded her parents to send her to normal school so she could experience how normal life is. 

 

Her parents are rich. So freaking rich to the point that they could actually buy every single thing  they want in this world without worrying about anything. There's also rumours saying that the South Korea still have debts with the Parks since her great great grandfather provided finance to South Korea for the war long time ago. That's how rich her family is.

 

But she wanted to experience a normal life like what other teenage girls did and her parents gladly let her to do so by letting her to attend normal school. She's more than excited to attend her new school. New uniform, new environment, new faces. What she like the most is that she can finally talk in Korean again, anywhere at anytime. She's fluent in English but she rather talk in Korean then any other language, that's how much she loves Korean language. 

The car stopped infront of a huge buildings what she guess will be her new school from now on. 'Oh, how excited!' She thought again before grabbing her bag and went out of the car after biding goodbyes and exchanging kisses with her parents.

"Don't worry, dad. I'll be fine on my own, really..." She said as she saw a worried look on her daddy's face.

 

"Alright, take care baby girl." Mr. Park waves his hand to his beloved daughter before driving off of the drop zone infront of her school.

 

She waves her hand back to her parents as she watches the car disappeared from her sight before turning around, entering her new school. 'I can do this!' She though again.

 

 


 

 

'No I can't do this.' Chaeyoung is now standing behind her homeroom teacher who's going to introduce her to the whole class. Which is going to be her new class for this year. 

 

Well who can she blame? She's an eyecandy. She's beautiful that everyone is staring at her a little too much from head to toes nonstop and being the shy nature she is, she just stand there, looking down at her brand new nike air max sneakers, white in colour.

 

"Okay, class! Today we have a new transferred student as you guys already know. So here she is." Her homeroom teacher, Mrs. Cha said with her soft voice. "Please introduce yourself." She added softly.

 

'Omaigod what should I said?' Chaeyoung inwardly screaming in her head thinking on what she should said. 

 

"Urm... M-my name is Park Chaeyoung. P-please take care of me..." She stuttered a little but her voice was clear enough for everyone in the class to hear. 

 

The class whispered and some cheered on how pretty she is and how cute she acted right now. Chaeyoung just flashes them her sweatest smiles and everyone is frozen at that sight. It's such a wonderful sight if I may say.

 

"Alright, class keep it down. Chaeyoung you can go seat at the empty seat there." Mrs. Cha points at the empty seat beside the window and she gladly went to the said seat and sit there quietly.

 

"Hey, I'm Choi Yuna. But you can call me Yuju. That's what people here called me." The stranger holds out her hand for a handshake and she gladly shook hand with her while nodding.

 

"You can call me Chaeyoung." Chaeyoung answered back with a small yet sincere smiles plastered on her face.

 

"I must say you have a really pretty smile there." Yuju said it as she saw the sweetest smile she had ever seen and in fact she saw it for the second time that day. They let go off each other's hands before Chaeyoung talk again. 

 

"Thank you." Chaeyoung said shyly.

 

"Don't mention it." Yuju just shrugs and offered Chaeyoung her own sweet smiles in which Chaeyoung returned it.

 

"We should be friends!" Yuju exclaimed excitedly while grabbing Chaeyoung's hands back.

 

"Yeah, sure. I don't see why not." Chaeyoung nods her head eagerly at her suggestion.

 

"Then that is set! We're now friends." She chuckles childishly showing off her gummy smiles.

 

Chaeyoung just nodded some more too happy to say anything. She can't believe that she just got herself a friend. Now she won't be alone in her new school. Well at least that's what she thought. She thought everyone will hate her and ignore her and she'll be alone the whole school year. Which was again just what she 'thought'.

 

 


 

 

"Hyung! Wonu, hyung! Are you seriously not gonna talk to me? Hyungggggg..." Mingyu whines as his favourite hyung ignored him since he is currently reading a book but that giant just won't stop disturbing him.

 

"What do you want, Kim?" Wonwoo finally answered as he put down his book on his laps and turns around to face the younger.

 

"I want you to go on a date with me." Mingyu asked excitedly with those puppy eyes of his.

 

"What the hell, Kim? Are you gay?" Wonwoo almost chocked hearing Mingyu's question which catched him off guard. Oh, how could he forgot that the younger always joked around like this.

 

"No no no no... That's not what I meant." Mingyu shakes his head rapidly, right to left and left to right nonstop.

 

"Then what 'do you mean'?" Wonwoo emphasised the words so that Mingyu will explain more about it.

 

"You see, there's this bunch of hot girls just hit me up this morning and they want to go on some double date stuff thingy and I don't know who to bring with me because they said I at least need to bring one of my friends so yeah here we are." The giant explained to his hyung about it, in which Wonwoo gladly knocked his head with his book as the result.

 

"You know I don't do things like you did, Kim."

 

"Awwww, hyung just this once pleaseeeee. Jun hyung already have his own plan tonight and you're the only one who's free. I wanna go have fun with those girls, hyung. They're really hot." Mingyu pleaded while rubbing his knocked head.

 

"No, Kim. No way." Wonwoo said strictly before he turns back infront and takes his book to continue reading it.

 

"Hyungggggg." Mingyu pleaded again.

 

"If I say no then the answer is no, gyu." 

 

"Fine! You're no fun, hyung!" Mingyu stuck his tongue out while pouting.

 

 


 

 

"So is Wonu coming to the double date stuff you talked about?" Soonyoung asked Mingyu right away after he sat on the cafeteria's chair infront of Mingyu.

 

"What do you think?" Mingyu asked back unamused at Soonyoung's question.

 

"You would either receive a punch or a kick or did he knock you with his book?" Soonyoung joked but he just received a deep sigh as an answer from Mingyu. 

 

"I'm guessing one of my guesses is correct." He laughs at the thought of Mingyu doing his puppy eyes trick but obviously it didn't worked on Wonwoo.

 

"Would you ever shut up?" Mingyu said it with a clearly annoyed tone but he just received a chuckle from Soonyoung in return.

 

"Bro, is that even a question?" 

 

"Go away. Can't you see I'm mad or sad or I don't know but just don't disturb me anymore please." Mingyu lowered his head and places it on the table trying his best to ignore Soonyoung's present there. Now he started to wonder where on hell are his other friends.

 

"Bro, I think you need to see this." Soonyoung taps Mingyu's arm so that he would shot his head up again.

 

Upon hearing Soonyoung's sudden change of tone from playful one to the serious one. He shots his head up to look at what Soonyoung is pointing.

 

"What?"

 

"That!" Soonyoung points at the pretty girl not too far from their table.

 

"So?" Mingyu frowns his brows confused as for why Soonyoung is pointing at her.

 

"I think she's new here. And she's pretty."

 

"She's not my type." Mingyu answered in a bored tone, fully aware of what Soonyoung trying to tell him. Eventhough that girl is actually kind off his type but he decided to just shrug it off since he's really lazy to deal with anything right now.

 

"She's clearly your type, bro..." Soonyoung said while eyeing the girl who is now sitting on the cafeteria's chair with another girl while nodding his head, agreed with himself. 

 

"Who's his type?" Wonwoo appeared at their table with Seungcheol and Jisoo before sitting down beside Mingyu.

 

"That girl over there." Soonyoung points at the girl once again and receives a nods from the other three.

 

"Yeah, she's clearly Mingyu's type." Seungcheol agreed on Soonyoung's opinion.

 

"You should hit her up." Jisoo added.

 

"No, thanks." Mingyu shakes his head before sipping on his soda.

 

"Why not? Try hit her up. She looked nice." Wonwoo said not looking away from his phone. He is currently reading an ebook on his phone.  

 

"That's the reason why I don't want to. She looked nice. That's why." 

 

"Who knows nice girl could change this playboy. You should really try and get a date with her. No wait let me put down another way. I Kwon Soonyoung challenge you to to get a date with that girl. Bet nice girl won't want to date this bad guy over here." Soonyoung said the last part in a mocking tone.

 

Mingyu doesn't like being challenged by anyone and not doing it. It hurt his pride and his ego won't let him to do so. It's a part of being a guy anyway. He is now fired up by Soonyoung's words and he obviously will do everything it takes to get a date with that girl. He would probably only need to you know, sweet talk here and there and the date is set.

 

"We'll see about that. By the way, challenge accepted!"

 

  

 


 

 
 
Author's Note
 
Hey guys. Your Mintygyu is here! 
Have any of you guys tried minty latte before? Because damn-
Trust me or not, I'm a lot more hotter than that latte. *smacked to the hell and back*
 
This story is not yet beta-ed so I bet there's a lot of grammar n spelling mistakes.
 
Anyway I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter and tell me how's the story so far.
If you have any question don't be shy and leave a comment below.
Enjoy the fluff while you still can people because I can't guarantee it will last.
 
-With love, M.