(2/2)

Fruit Punch

Word Count: 3372 

Thank you for all the people that suscribed and even upvoted <3
I'm sorry this part isn't even good ;A; Sorry if I let you down.


Jongin arrives to Kyungsoo’s house at 7:30 pm. The proper protocol would be the taller knocking the door being received by Kyungsoo´s parents, maybe taking some pictures together as he gives the smaller a flower and smiles shyly. It could be the other way around being honest, he isn’t picky. Besides being pampered by Kyungsoo wouldn’t be that bad, right?

At least that’s what Jongin expected for a prom night, but instead, he waits for Kyungsoo on the yard. No parents, no pictures, no flowers. He doesn’t get bothered by that, after all both of them are just friends. Suddenly the door opens, the taller is willing to complain to Kyungsoo for being almost half an hour late but he stops midway. Kyungsoo is wearing all black again, even the small bowtie on his neck is black. He looks really handsome, not like Jongin hasn’t noticed he is appealing already. There is a small hint of realization on Jongin that this is actually a date.

“You look really nice.”  Kyungsoo looks at the floor smiling at the statement. Jongin has the glimpse of his lip-bitting before that. He tilts his head to peek at the smaller face “Are you blushing?”

He receives a pinch in the nose before both heading to the car. Jongin thinks he may have heard “you look good too” as low as a whisper so he gives a small thanks just in case. The way to school is silent and a bit awkward after that so Jongin picks up the only thing he hasn’t discussed with the smaller.

“So…are we going to stay at the after party?”

“What?” Kyungsoo is visibly taken aback by the question, “you didn’t say anything about an after party, what the actual ?” he mutters and then starts talking in such a low tone Jongin is unable to understand a thing.

Kyungsoo may, or may not, really hate any closer interaction with their schoolmates. Jongin wonders why, then he remembers his school days next to Baekhyun and Chanyeol and gets a clue of why. But he isn’t taking none of that today.

“It’s in Jongdae’s house, do you know him?” he continues. There is nothing wrong on trying to take the smaller out of his comfort zone.

“Yes, he is in my singing club.”

There is a traffic light in red, perfect for Jongin to stop the car and turn to face Kyungsoo, mouth open in surprise.

“Are you on the singing club? That’s awesome, I am on the dancing club, besides that one,” Jongin says with excitement because he loves everything related to music, his current passion.

“I know,” Kyungsoo turns to the window and before Jongin starts to question him, he answers, “sometimes I go and see the performances.”

“Is that so? Why have I never seen you there?” he tries to remember the performances and the way the front audience was always empty except for Baekhyun cheering. The other rows would always have more people he could see, yet the people at the back, where the scenario’s light doesn’t reach, where a loss for his vision. “Do you sit in the back? No one would see you there.”

“I don’t like the spotlight.” Kyungsoo shrugs.

“But you sing, you should love it.” Jongin takes a meticulous look to the smaller’ face. His eyes are probably his most striking feature; not because the size per se, but for the glint they always carry on them. It makes Jongin smile and feel the warmth they eradiate. “The spotlight would suit you.”

“How would you know?” Kyungsoo finally meets Jongin’s gaze, with the said glint in his eyes.

“Well, you are nice, charming, and good looking.”

Jongin purses his lips in a thin line closes his eyes preparing himself for the teasing that will come on his way. Or the blow, he isn’t sure yet.

“Do you think so?”

Opening his eyes, Jongin expects to see a malicious smile but instead there is something similar to amusement in the smaller. He nods before focusing his attention on the road again, the traffic light already green. There is another moment of silence until Kyungsoo speaks again.

“Are you blushing?” There it is again, the malicious smile, a teasing mock.

“Shut up, I’m driving here, besides you are just changing the topic from the after party.”

“I am not… if you want, we can stay. My parents aren’t home so I can arrive late… I guess.” Jongin can’t ignore the slight trail of hesitance in Kyungsoo’s voice but he reassures himself, Kyungsoo would not have to worry about anything with Jongin at his side.

“Just don’t get drunk,” Jongin jokes to enliven the mood.

“I have a high tolerance for alcohol, let me tell you. What about you?”

“Someone needs to drive.”

Kyungsoo snorts, probably not believing the excuse. The truth is, Jongin has little tolerance for alcohol. Not to mention he is picky for the drinks too. “How responsible of you.”

“Am I sweet?”

“Yes you are,” Kyungsoo laughs.

The school gym is decorated with stars and moons’ balloons from outside, a big “welcome” sign at the entrance. There are few people outside and the teachers are at the door welcoming the students. Kyungsoo stops before going inside and turns to the sides like he lost something.

“Chanyeol said he was going to be in the door until we got here,” Kyungsoo says. Jongin barely shakes his head in disagreement, pretty sure he is already inside. He lays a hand on Kyungsoo’s waist to guide him to the entrance. The latter turns to him for a millisecond making Jongin realize exactly where he is touching. Even if they call themselves friends, maybe touching Kyungsoo’s waist is too personal for Jongin at the moment. He apologizes fast and changes his hand to the shoulders feeling the smaller flinch a bit.

“They are going to be glued together all the night and I don’t want to see that.” He blurts fast enough to divert Kyungsoo’s attention. It seems to work since he nods in agreement letting Jongin guide him to a table away from the dance floor. There is a lot of people inside, either dancing, sitting, taking silly pictures in the photo booths.

Others, like Chanyeol and Baekhyun, are glued to each other in a corner.

“There they are,” Jongin points at them snorting when he catches Kyungsoo groaning and turning to any other direction but the love birds. There is a comfortable silence as both of them just stare at the dance floor. Jongin steals glances from the corner of his eye to the smaller and finally speaks.

 “Do you see any of your friends?”

“Junmyeon is right there,” Kyungsoo points towards the corner of the dance floor. Junmyeon is dancing with a tall blonde guy, both throwing their arms to the sky as they try to move their hips according to the music.

“What a match,” Jongin laughs until he spots Sehun and Luhan dancing togheter. Both are good dancers and they match perfectly. Luhan touches Sehun every time he can and the latter has this silly stupid (and cute) smile. Nevertheless, he pouts every time his partner turns to pay attention to Jongdae and Minseok who are dancing next to them.

More like Minseok actually dancing and Jongdae trying.

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo’s voice brings him back to earth after keeping his gaze on the dancing lovers.

“It’s kind of funny to be honest.” Jongin speaks but keeps his eyes on the dance floor, not only on Sehun and Luhan, but also other couples. “I always thought we had something because the way we were so close. I guess I was expecting everything to fit perfectly you know? I don’t even feel sad or jealous. Call me hopeless or desperate but I really want to date someone. It’s not like I can’t but I want the right person, even if it’s just one date.”

Jongin smiles when he sees Baekhyun dragging Chanyeol to the dance floor. He continues.

“I want to date like them, and no, I’m not talking about how they never leave each other. But look how happy they are. I want that, I want to share certain things with someone I really like, being comfortable with them, seeing movies with them, even walk my dogs with them. Cook maybe, I don’t really know how to but I guess I can help in something. Do I sound cheesy?”

He finally looks at Kyungsoo who has his elbow on the table and his cheek on his hand looking at him. With his pink and squeezable cheeks. He purses his lips on a thin line making Jongin smile. He doesn’t answer so the taller takes another step.

 “Do you want to dance?”

Kyungsoo sits straight with a confused look. Then he smiles gently while shaking his head, “I don’t dance.”

“Everybody does.” Jongin stands up and offers his hand to Kyungsoo.

“Not me.”

“You are just being shy.”

“Jongin”

“Come on” Jongin takes his hand and leads him to the dance floor. He looks for Kyungsoo’s friends so the smaller can feel more comfortable. Catching Chanyeol attention from afar, he motions him to get closer. Jongin then drops Kyungsoo’s hand and starts dancing. The music has fast tempo but he goes for slow movements, trying to not start hip ing like he would do on his choreographies. He doesn’t want to scare Kyungsoo who keeps his arms closer to his chest and barely moves them. The taller laughs finding it adorable.

Chanyeol finally arrives with Baekhyun at his side dancing like the freaks they are.

“You dance like a grandpa Soo,” Chanyeol laughs loudly but Kyungsoo barely shrugs.

“Shut up, you don’t even dance, you just jump like an idiot.”

With the time, even more students arrive to the dance floor and the space becomes too narrow. Jongin can feel someone pushing him from behind every now and then and founds Kyungsoo looking really uncomfortable. When the smaller almost falls, Jongin catches his wrists dragging him closer. They lock eyes for longer time than needed. Kyungsoo keeps a firm gaze over Jongin, looking almost as if he stopped breathing a time ago.

“Are you thirsty?” Jongin says to break the awkward silence and move to any other place.

“Hella,” Kyungsoo answers fast and then hits himself in the forehead.

Jongin laughs and takes Kyungsoo hand again to get him out of the fuss. They go over the fruit punch where Jongdae is snickering with Minseok.

“Hey Jongin,” Jongdae says with a big catlike smile. “Oh Kyungsoo, wait, did you came to prom together?” his amused face is evident but Kyungsoo only nods and takes his first glass of fruit punch.

“That’s nice, I though Kyungsoo didn’t want to come because he hated all the school.” Jongdae shrugs placing both hands on the table.

“That isn’t true.” Kyungsoo answers sipping his drink, Jongin can see from the corner of his eye his lack of comfortability.

“Well, to be more exact you hate the 98% of the school.” Minseok then takes a glass and offers it to Jongin. “Don’t you like punch Jongin?” he smiles.

“Did you came together?” the blonde asks hesitant as he accepts the punch. It’s dark red and it smells a bit weird.

“No, we have girl dates”

Hot girl dates,” Jongdae points, “but we needed to make some preparations.”

Jongin smells the punch again before taking a sip and almost spiting it. “This tastes horrible,” he says scrunching his nose.

Jongdae and Minseok break in laughter, the blonde turns to Kyungsoo who is already having his second glass.

“Doesn’t it taste weird?” Jongin tugs at the smaller tuxedo but the latter shrugs.

“I like it.”

“I guess you aren’t a drinker Jongin,” Jongdae says before dragging Minseok away, “See you at 12 pm!!”

Jongin, confused, turns to Kyungsoo for an answer. “I think they put liquor in it. But not too strong, it kind of mixes with the punch.”

“How can you drink that?” Jongin is never drinking fruit punch again.

The night goes better after that, Kyungsoo starts to open up more and Jongin is almost sure it’s because of the alcohol. Nevertheless, the smaller keeps mentioning his high alcohol tolerance. They even adventure to dance the faster music on the dance floor and make company to a really drunk Baekhyun. The lowest in alcohol tolerance Jongin have meet ever.

Baekhyun is already screaming every now and then so Chanyeol opts for leaving the school before any teacher starts to notice about the secret ingredient of the fruit punch. Jongin nods unsure if Kyungsoo is fine with getting to Jongdae’s house but surprisingly he is the one taking Baekhyun out of the school gym.

“We see you there,” Baekhyun says as he lands a lazy kiss on Kyungsoo´s cheek. Then, he returns to Chanyeol’s side.

Kyungsoo cleans the spit of saliva of his cheek and mutters some curses.

The drive to Jongdae’s house is chatty. Jongin isn’t sure if Kyungsoo is on his five senses then but remains happy to see him having actual fun and being carefree. The smaller then starts talking about his singing club, with a slight push from Jongin, he starts singing bit parts of songs.

His voice is beautiful, so Jongin forgets about anything else until they arrive to the after party.

Jongdae’s living room is dark. It barely has any light coming from the stereo, the outside lights and the changing lights of a weird disco ball hanging from the roof. The second floor has more light but barely no one is there. Pretty much, Jongdae’s style.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun arrive just half an hour after them. Jongdae then brings everyone together to tell them about the drinks and that’s when everything shuts down in Jongin’s mind. He is only sure of two things: one, he has drunk too much and two, he lost Kyungsoo in the midway.

When he finds the smaller he is in company of an extremely drunk Baekhyun with a bottle in his hands. Kyungsoo is flushed and smiling at the former. It’s everything Jongin needs to see to know he is probably twice as drunk as Jongin.

He snatches him away from Baekhyun who mutters incoherencies, except for one.

“Man, he was going to tell me who he likes.”

Those words remain on Jongin for no particular reason, even when he drags Kyungsoo outside for him to take some air.

“Are you ok?” Jongin asks trying to stay still. His head is beginning to hurt for the loud music.

“Of course,” Kyungsoo answers with a big smile as he looks at his sides. “Wait, why are we….” He furrows his eyebrows trying to find the exact word. Jongin laughs a bit patting Kyungsoo’s head. He hopes the smaller isn’t going to puke when he leans on the wall. “Just give me a minute.”

“You really took something there.” Jongin stays in front of him until. Kyungsoo offers him another smile, a tired one. Even with the few light that reaches them, Jongin can see the small moons at the smaller’ eyes, the crooked but cute smile and the flushed cheeks. Maybe it’s the alcohol who is making Jongin talk when he gathers himself and speaks.

“So…you like someone,” he keeps his gaze on Kyungsoo whose eyes grow bigger each second.

“No.”

“That’s what Baekhyun said.” Jongin pushes a bit. The way Kyungsoo’s eyes try not to look at him is the prove he needed to know Baekhyun’s words were true.

 “No.”

“Don’t you have someone you like?” He tries again reaching for Kyungsoo’s cheek so the smaller looks at him again. He drops his hand at the side as he waits for the latter to down his defenses.

“May..be,” Kyungsoo shifts in place and Jongin smiles.

“Someone you wake up somedays and you just feel the need to talk to.” Jongin starts ignoring the little ‘yes’ from Kyungsoo. “Someone that always make you smile for the silliest reasons even if that person is stupid. Someone that you look and it’s probably the most beautiful you have ever seen.”

“Yes” Kyungsoo says hurriedly taking Jongin’s face to land a kiss on his lips.

It’s bittersweet. Kyungsoo’s mouth tastes like a mix of alcohol and fruit punch, no surprise. But his lips are soft even with that clumsy way of kissing, pressing too hard. That can be the alcohol or Kyungsoo himself, nevertheless it makes Jongin’s heart jump a millisecond. The smaller lets go abruptly looking flustered and surprised by his own actions.

“Oh god.” Kyungsoo mutters, his eyes already looking at the street like he is thinking about running. He takes advantage of Jongin’s loss of words to take a step when the later holds him in place by the arms.

“No.” Jongin waits for some seconds to think what he needs to do, or ask. Yet, he goes for the most obvious option. “What was that for?”

Kyungsoo breathes deep acknowledging there is nowhere else to go. He bites his lips once again before speaking. “I like you ok? God, I have liked you since first year in high school.”

Jongin lets go slowly, almost nervous of Kyungsoo leaving if he does so too fast.

“Did you really thought I would say yes to anyone who asked me to prom? I did because it’s you. I know it’s stupid, ok? I get it. I expected you to be at least an this week so I could stop with this . I know, you have this huge stupid crush on Sehun, which I don’t understand at all, but Jongin, Jongin I want you.” Kyungsoo takes a breath again. Jongin tries to look for something in his eyes, but only finds sincerity and defeat. “I want you so bad.”

They stay silent looking at each other until Kyungsoo speaks again.

“ you,” he says holding his flustered cheeks. “I’m too wasted aren’t I? You can go now; I will go home anyway.”

Jongin stops him from walking, carefully, he takes his arms this time and tries to take him to the car. Kyungsoo refutes until he acknowledges he is too drunk to go alone.

“Nice of you Jongin, keep being charming, go die… No don’t die.”

The taller sighs when they are inside the car. He takes some minutes to be sure he can actually drive. His common sense seems to be intact and he pleads his brain to work perfectly, at least until they get to Kyungsoo’s home. The storm of thoughts stops when the latter speaks again.

“, you look so handsome.”

Jongin is taken aback and blushes a bit, he turns to the smaller who is leaning on the seat. He looks tired and sleepy. Jongin doesn’t notice when he begins to smile.

“Damn son, let me take you on a date.”

“What are you saying Kyungsoo,” Jongin snorts as he starts the engine. “Why don’t you go to sleep? This is going to be a long ride.”

“It’s ok, I want to look at you.”

“You are going to regret this in the morning and probably will hate me for letting you say all of this.” Jongin mutters trying to get some common sense on the smaller, if the alcohol left any. After some minutes on the road he still catches Kyungsoo staring from the corner of his eye.

“Jongin?”

The taller keeps his eyes on the road, he nods so Kyungsoo continues.

“Promise me you aren’t going to stop talking to me.”

“Why would I stop?” Jongin asks turning to him for a second.

“Because I blurted my heart to you and you have feelings for that pole stick.”

“…I won’t Kyungsoo.” Jongin then remembers the existence of Sehun. He hasn’t been thinking of him since they started to dance. Jongin smiles and bites his lips at the thought. “Besides, it’ not like I can’t forget Sehun, you know? He is already with Luhan and I told you I was moving on. Lately I…” Jongin stops as he looks at his side, Kyungsoo already sleeping.

 

+++

 

At the morning Jongin wakes up with his head still dizzy. Everything is moving around even when his eyes closed. When he opens them, the first thing he sees is Kyungsoo with his mouth slightly open sleeping next to him. Jongin realizes then, he may have felt sleep after carrying Kyungsoo to his bedroom.

He sits and thanks the gods Kyungsoo’s parents aren’t home. The smaller looks so peaceful while sleeping. Jongin then remembers Kyungsoo’s feelings and buries his face in the pillow next to him.

 

It takes an hour for Kyungsoo to wake up giving Jongin enough time to wash his face and ask for some fast food. He is still scrolling his phone when he hears a groan. Kyungsoo buries himself under the pillows and a blanket.

“,” he says and Jongin snorts.

Kyungsoo turns to him with wide eyes full of surprise before gripping to his blanket. “What the are you doing here?”

“Ow, I expected at least a ‘thank you for binging me here Jongin’

“Thank you?” he says without moving, probably he remembers less than the taller.

“Had fun?”

“I don’t know, did I?” He tries to sit holding his head and closing his eyes. He groans again before looking at Jongin. “I don’t remember anything.”

“Wait, what’s the last thing you remember?” 

“Baekhyun telling me that vodka was delicious and calling me names until I drank it.” He groans again. “I hate him, I bet he gave me mixed alcohol.”

Jongin stays silent. Kyungsoo doesn’t remember his confession, so it will be less akward for Jongin to talk to him.

“Did I do something shameful?” He waits for an answer that never arrives and furrows his eyebrows. “I swear to God, if you let me do something ridiculous, I’m killing you.”

Jongin laughs a bit, he bites his lips and decides it’s better if he doesn’t talk about the confession. Or the kiss. Jongin touches his lips in a thinking position.

“I asked some Chinese food, is that alright?” he finally says, Kyungsoo nods. “Soo, if you are free tomorrow maybe we can go to see a movie.” Kyungsoo tenses, biting his lips he turns slowly towards Jongin who is smiling again. “Do you want to go to see some movies with me at my house? Consider it a payment for you to go with me to prom. From now own, we will do things you also like.”

He can’t ignore the sweet smile Kyungsoo does towards him, pink filling his cheeks. 


 

Thanks for reading and bear my lameness!!

(self promotion):
The following fic is fantasy au (actually edited properly), I posted it in my other acc:
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1162138/about-arrows-and-targets-fantasy-jongin-kyungsoo-kaisoo