Enough

Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It?

 Narrator's POV

"Have you seen her anywhere?" Chunji turned to the others. "Even if my eyes are this big, I still can't find her," Ricky said. "Maybe she's already eating lunch," Changjo suggested. "I'll try calling her," L.Joe volunteered and dialed her number.
 
She doesn't seem to be answering, and it left them all hopeless. They can't just search for her right then and there with all these fan girls around..."HEY! Has anyone of you seen Park Min Yu?" CAP announced as the idea has struck his head. 
 
 
The crazy fan girls screamed when they heard his voice...just like they always do. But instead of getting a direct, straight to the point answer, they got nothing. "Please. We're looking for her. Has anyone of you seen her?" Niel repeated, a little louder and clearer this time.
 
Some of the girls raised their hands, and practically pretended to be the girl they were looking for. "She's wearing a plain gray sweater and black jeans," L.Joe described to make it easier for them. 
 
"Hey, I think she passed out here," someone said. The Teen Top members rushed to a corner, and saw her. The front of her sweater was drenched not in sweat but in blood, her left arm was twisted in a way that threatened to break once again.
 
"What happened?" Niel asked the girl who had seen. "I-I don't know," stuttered the girl who pushed her in the first place. "If I knew you had something to do with this, I don't know what I'd do to you," L.Joe hissed angrily.
 
Chunji, although panicking, took a deep breath and calmed himself down. He picked her up and carried her down the stairs, past the long school corridors, and exited the main gate. "Don't you want to just bring her to the school clinic?" CAP asked.
 
"They don't know what to do with her," Chunji explained hastily, trying to hail a cab. He finally saw one and it stopped in front of him. "Take care," L.Joe said and waved goodbye as the taxi headed back to where it all started, at Sejong General Hospital.
 
Chunji's POV
 
"Min Yu...Min Yu..." I pried her awake. I fumbled in her jeans pocket for her phone, and quickly tapped away on its screen for her parents' contact. "Yoboseyo?" Min Jae noona answered after the 2nd ring.
 
"Noona. It's Chunji. I'm on my way to Sejong with Min Yu. She passed out in school and her chest is bleeding. I think her arm is fractured again. And there's too much blood. She's not yet awake..." I blabbered all at once. "Ssh. Calm down. We'll be going there now. Don't panic, okay? We'll meet you in Sejong," she sighed and hung up. 
 
We arrived at the hospital and I brought her over to the emergency ward. I was drowned in my hysterics that the nurses couldn't understand what I was saying. They stripped her off of her clothing, and I saw how bad was the condition she was in.
 
One attending nurse gave me a pen to sign up all the information they needed about her. I realized I was old enough to be her guardian. But a bad one at that.
 
"Are you with her?" the doctor turned to me. I nodded. "How old are you?" he asked. "I'm 19," I said. "Very well. There's nothing to worry about with her. She just exerted a little too much force on her chest, not realizing that her wound was still fresh.
 
Just always see to it that she doesn't tire herself out, or let someone or something come into contact with her chest, because it might practically bleed again and get worse. I don't see any need to confine her here. And she'll probably wake up in an hour or so," he explained.
 
I breathed a sigh of relief and gratefulness. "Thank you very much," I said as I shook the doctor's hand. He just nodded and left. I went over to the cashier and paid for all the expenses and went back to Min Yu, who was still peacefully asleep.
 
"Chunji," I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Min Jae and beside her was Leeteuk hyung. "How is she?" he asked. "The doctor said it was nothing serious. Just that her wound wasn't that healed yet. But she's fine. They didn't need to confine her," I explained. 
 
They didn't respond, but we three just stared at her sleeping figure. "Will you still allow her to go to school? Please do. I mean, I promise I'd take care of her and look after her better. I'd do my best. Please let her go back," the words just blurted out from my mouth.
 
In response, Min Jae just smiled at me. "You've already done so much and I trust you. See, you yourself brought her here. I could never be more thankful for what you've done. Of course I'd let her go back to school. She'd do so anyway even if I tell her no," she replied.
 
Min Yu's POV
 
Everything was white. Was I dead? I was back in the hospital. And everything that had happened resurfaced in my head. Who could've brought me here? "Excuse me. Am I confined here?" I asked a nurse who passed by.
 
"Uhh, Park Min Yu, right? No, you aren't. The doctor allowed you to go already. Just waiting for you to wake up," she replied and scurried away.
 
I looked around. No one was beside me. No one was outside. I stood up and saw some clothes carefully folded beside me. I put them on and left, still searching for any familiar face.
 
I saw Chunji reading a newspaper while sitting on one of the chairs in the lobby. "Anything good?" I asked, as I sat beside him. "None. Just the same. Terrorist and nuclear threats," he replied, with his eyes still fixed on what he was reading.
 
"Anything about a girl who was sick and left inside her ward. And now she's awake, her boyfriend suddenly doesn't recognize her, even her voice?" I said.
 
 
He let his newspaper fall to the floor while he pinched my cheeks and embrace me. "You looked like an old person," I commented. "I was waiting for you to wake up," he replied. "How long have I been here?" I prodded.
 
"2 hours? We skipped school," he said. "You should've just called my mom and she would be the one who brought me here. Then your time wouldn't have been wasted," I said. "Don't say that. I volunteered to take you here. No one forced me. And your parents came by because I told them to," he responded.
 
I stood up and grabbed his arm. "Where are we going? I probably should take you home. You should rest and the members would be looking for me," he said. "We'd just be going...somewhere," I replied. "Okay, I'm ready for anything. I have enough..." he took his wallet from his jeans pocket. "Enough for two first class plane tickets to anywhere, food for the both of us for a year, and a Harley Davidson motorcycle," he said.
 
"And I have enough time to go out on a walk with you around random streets, enough money to buy ice cream and coffee, and enough money to get the both of us home. Mine is better," I bragged.