The Aftershock

Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It?

Min Yu's POV

 
"How dare you declare on national television that my mom was ?!?" I shouted as soon as Leeteuk stepped inside the dorm. "Well, it was the tru--" "Don't ever tell me what the truth is!" I cut him off angrily. I was fuming in front of the shocked faces of the members. "You've seen the show?" Yesung exclaimed. 
 
 
"NO! NO! I just had a vision that Leeteuk here," I answered, not bothering to give respect. "Told the whole world that my mom was . And when what a BEAUTIFUL vision that is. Can you JUST imagine?!?" I snapped at Yesung, who was clearly offended.
 
I didn't mean to be that rude to him, but he provoked me to be. "Relax," Donghae tried to calm me down. "Don't!" I restricted. "Min Yu-ssi, what I was trying to tell you earlier was tha--" Leeteuk started. "Go ahead. Explain. I want to believe," I responded. 
 
 
"I just want everyone to know the truth. That's all," he explained. "Was my mom fine with it? Did you even ask her?" I yelled. "Better call her yourself," he suggested.
 
"OH NO. That's not ALL. You blabbered about me, didn't you? The only thing missing was my picture flashed on the screen with my name on it," I complained. "We just wanted to talk about you," Eunhyuk said.
 
"But I DON'T want to be talked about. And you talked about me...in front of me. I watched the whole show," I replied. "It isn't our fault you happened to be on that same channel," Kyuhyun muttered and I gave him a death glare.
 
My fists were clenched and I bit my lip to prevent from cursing. "I know just what to do," Heechul mumbled to himself and grabbed my hand. He pulled me to my room and closed the door behind us. 
 
 
"Let it all out," was all he said and I took a deep breath. "I HATE YOU CHO KYUHYUN!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, making him laugh at my statement. It took a few more breaths to calm me down completely.
 
"Satisfied?" I nodded. "Ask your mom if I'm your real father, because I really feel like it's me..." he suggested. "We're evil masterminds," I said and I gave him a high five.
 
"Do you think Yesung appa is mad at me?" I asked. "I don't know. But what I'll tell you is this. Apologize to Leeteuk-ssi," he said. I ignored what he said and instead, called my mom.
 
"Omma, did you watch Super Junior's guesting in--" "It's okay," she replied, as if knowing what I was about to say. "But he said it on national television!" I argued.
 
"It was the truth, Min Yu. He didn't even mention any names," she answered. "Omma..." I whined. "Don't 'omma' me. Let me guess, you're fighting with him again? You've just fought with Eunhyuk yesterday!" she said.
 
"And they talked about me! I watched the show! Didn't they even think of what I would feel?" I responded.
 
"The point is, our identities were kept hidden. And Leeteuk's smart enough to care for our safety. And the fact about me being when I was young, remember that YOU were the result of that. You're overreacting. Apologize to him. NOW," she ordered in a stern voice. Her mom voice. When she talks in her mom voice, there was no saying no. 
 
"Yes," I just replied and hung up. Heechul crossed his arms over his chest. "She told you the same thing, didn't she?" he teased when he saw my frown.
 
"I don't want to," I whispered. "I'll accompany you," he volunteered and pulled me out of the room again. "Leeteuk-ssi! Min Yu wants to talk to you!" he announced. "What the hell are you trying--" I grumbled through my gritted teeth.
 
"This'll give you time to talk," he said and Leeteuk has appeared. "What is it?" he asked and turned to me. "I'll just leave you two," Heechul backed away, leaving us two. "Appa, I'I'm..." I stuttered. "I'm..." Tears started to trickle down my cheeks in frustration. "Nothing would get lost if you apologize," he said. 
 
 
I never ever said I was sorry. I said sorry sometimes, but the reason were a.) I was obliged to. b.) I didn't really mean it. But to apologize VOLUNTARILY? Now that was degrading. My pride seems to crumble down.
 
I would lose my pride. And it wasn't easy to regain it. I bit my lip to prevent from sobbing. I was deciding and it was a matter of life and death. It's either I have my pride or I don't. It's killing me.
 
But after what seemed like years, I gathered enough strength. "I'm sorry," I whispered and sobbed violently. My pride, everything I had left, was gone. I felt weak.
 
"I'm sorry too," he said and took me into his arms. I heard applause from the members, who were intently listening to what I was about to say. "Heechul, you're going to pay for this," I hissed grudgingly, and plotted my revenge against him.
 
The next day...
 
 
"Where are you all going? Donghae, you promised to hang out with me all weekend," I complained as the members, except Kyuhyun, got ready to leave. "I know. I'm sorry," Donghae replied.
 
"I'm going to cry if you leave," I threatened. "We really have to go. But please don't cry," he pleaded. I literally cried, just for the sake of making them stay, and Donghae cried too.
 
"Please, don't cry. I can't leave if you're crying," he sobbed. "Well, stay. Don't leave me here with Kyuhyun," I begged. "I really have to go," he said sadly. "No," I protested and tugged on his shirt.
 
"DONGHAE!" someone yelled from outside. "I really have to go," Donghae said and gave me a kiss on the forehead before leaving. "Kyuhyun! We're leaving," he shouted. 
 
 
"So..." Kyuhyun took a seat beside me on the sofa and inched closer. "If you go any closer, I swear I'd call the police," I mumbled. "Hey. Don't be mad at me anymore, please?" he poked on my cheek. I pushed on his hand away but he kept poking me.
 
"Kyuhyun," I whined. "What?" he smiled as he leaned closer. "What are you doing?" I asked alarmingly. "Just resting," he answered as he rested his head on my shoulder and put his arms around me.
 
"I was supposed to spend my day with Donghae, but here, I'm stuck with you. And you're irritating me," I complained. "That hurt," he commented. 
 
"You just missed me," I teased. "I did," he replied. "I really like you when you're just like this. Quiet, serious, not irritating. But I really hate you when you're the playful, teasing Kyuhyun. You become so annoying," I said.
 
"I'm sorry," he responded and sat up straight to look at me. "Don't tell me you've already forgotten about my offer?" he asked. "Of course not," I defended. "I'm still thinking about it. Why, are you going to take it back? Have you changed your mind?" I demanded. "I'm sure about it," he said confidently.
 
It was now my turn to rest my head on his shoulder while he gently my hair. "I'll keep my promise. I'll wait," he said.
 
 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHO KYUHYUN~! ^^