Chunji's Turn

Age Doesn't Matter...Or Does It?

 Min Yu's POV

 
 
"You should put that on exhibit," someone said from behind, startling me. "Are you kidding me? This belongs to the trash," I replied and gripped the edge of the paper, preparing to tear it away, but Chunji held my hand to stop me. "Seriously," he responded. I just smiled and pulled my hand away. "Maybe I need to drop this subject if I draw that good," I joked.
 
"But you still have a LOOOOONG way to go," he teased back and I punched his arm lightly. "Hey, I was just wondering. Would you mind...w-would you mind if...but it doesn't mean th-that," he stuttered suddenly, and I wondered why. "Do you need help with something? Do you need anything?" I asked, waiting for what he was about to say. 
 
"I was just wondering i-if you could...you know," he answered. "Stop stuttering!" I ordered. "WouldyoumindifIwalkyouhomelater?" he responded quickly, and I didn't understand even a word of what he had just said.
 
"What? I can't understand, you talk so fast," I commented. He took a deep breath. "Would you mind if I walk you home later?" he repeated.
 
"Sure. I haven't been with you and the others for days," I commented. "Oh. I was talking about me taking you home. Only me," he explained, and his face turned red.
 
"Oh," I became embarassed. "Sorry. But sure. It's fine with me," I said and beamed at him with the brightest smile I could give. "Great," he replied and walked away. Why was everyone acting weirdly today?
 
Chunji's POV
 
 
I couldn't ask for more than being in this moment, waiting for her last class to end. I feel like we're a couple now. I just wish this would continue t-- "Why the erted smile?" someone asked and I turned around to see her.
 
"Sorry," I apologized and rubbed the back of my head shyly. "Come on," she pulled me and we pushed our way out of the campus.
 
While walking, I would eventually turn to look at her until she looks back. When she does, I would look away and laugh awkwardly. "Hey, want some coffee?" I asked when I saw a coffee shop. She nodded and we both bought drinks. "I'd pay for your coffee IF," I conditioned. 
 
She raised an eyebrow questioningly at me. She clearly wasn't expecting this. "What is it?" she demanded. "We ride the subway and take a round trip around the city. I like the city lights during night time. But I promise, I'd really take you home afterwards," I answered, and almost pleaded.
 
She looked deep in thought and was thinking it over. I was about to kneel in front of her. "Alright, fine," she replied. And I swear, I was smiling from ear to ear.
 
Narrator's POV
 
The two were heading to the subway station when a familiar car passed by. Chunji seemed to notice, but brushed the thought off. The hyungs are busy practicing right now, he thought. Oh no he didn't, Kyuhyun thought as the car sped up.
 
Min Yu didn't even ask for permission. Kyuhyun was about to call her and scold her right away, but remembered the rules. No disturbance. He sighed and turned his phone off, afraid to accidentally delay their date and lose the bet.
 
When Chunji and Min Yu hopped into the train, they were surprised at how crowded it was. "It's my first time to ride a subway," Chunji revealed. "Well, good thing you're with me. I'd be your tour guide for today," she replied. 
 
 
The train started to move, and Min Yu almost lost her balance. Her coffee spilled a little and landed on her shoes. "I'll get it," Chunji volunteered, kneeling down to wipe her sneakers with a tissue. Noticing it was already loose, he also tied her shoelaces for her.
 
"Thanks," she said when he stood up. "The two are really sweet," the ahjummas started to comment and giggle occasionally.
 
"Aniyo. We're just friends," Min Yu answered back and Chunji felt a little hurt inside. Is that all they'll ever be? Just as friends? "Well, young man. Better cast your net early before someone catches your fish," one of the ahjummas replied and he just bowed down politely, feeling the blood pool in his cheeks, making him blush. 
 
Min Yu's POV
 
"This is Daehangno. Many theater performances and musicals are held here," I said, pointing to various concert halls we had passed by. "I wish Teen Top would get a chance to perform there one day," he replied. "I hope for the same thing," I chided.
 
 
"Last and my most favorite...LOTTE WORLD," I announced. His eyes widened. "Yeah, that was my first reaction too," I informed him. "I have to go there as soon as possible," he said.
 
"Actually, when I was younger. I always dreamed of the day when I would go to Lotte World with my parents. Mom and dad. And we'd be having fun together, like a real, complete family does. But you know, I was young back then, and I really didn't understand the situation so..." I thought out loud.
 
"Well, you could now, after your mom and Leeteuk hyung gets married," he answered. "Yeah," was all I could say, and the atmosphere was silent. 
 
On the way home...
 
"It's so dark already," I commented. Chunji and I took a cab on the way to the dorm to save time and to be home as early as possible. My phone started ringing.
 
"Yoboseyo?" I answered. "Yah! Where are you?" the person on the other line asked. "Eunhyuk appa, mianhe. I forgot to tell you that Chunji will walk me home. But we rode on the subway and went around the city and I really forgot to tell you. I'm so sorry," I explained.
 
"Did you know that I was dead worried? I parked my car outside your school and waited for 2 hours. I almost called the police!" he shouted angrily. I knew I was wrong, so I didn't answer back.
 
"Song Min Yu! Are you on the way home now?" he asked. "Yes appa. I'm so sorry," I apologized again. "When you get home, you're going to be dead!" he scolded and hung up. I sighed deeply. 
 
 
"What did he say?" Chunji asked. "He got angry because I didn't ask permission," I answered. "Maybe I should go and explain with you. I was the one who got you into trouble in the first place," he offered.
 
"Thanks, but I'll take the blame myself...as I always do," I replied. "I insist. You don't deserve to be scolded anyway. I should explain to hyung," he pressed. "Chunji," I said defiantly and a little angrily and stared at him. He understood and stopped talking. 
 
 
We arrived at the apartment a few minutes later. We still weren't talking even inside the elevator. "Hey. I'm sorry for snapping back at you," I started, apologizing for being so mean.
 
"Don't worry. I understand. Guess I was just a bit irritating and pushy," he responded with a smile. We stopped in front of the dorm. "Thanks. I really had fun today," I said. "Thanks. Me too," he replied. Awkward silence once again. "I guess I should go ahead now," he gestured to the elevator.
 
"Sure. Take care, Chunji. Good night," I waved. He froze for a moment, and before I knew it, he had kissed my cheek. "Good night," he mumbled and pressed on the elevator button.
 
I turned around, not yet absorbing what has happened, and turned the door knob to enter. Chunji ran towards me and hugged me from behind quickly, and ran to catch the elevator doors before it closed. I smiled. Boys will always be boys.
 

Hey~! Please check out my new oneshot about Eunhyuk :) Andante ♥