Chapter 5

Rose Scent Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I made my way to the table. It's been a month since I last saw Joy. She tried to contact me, sending me messages, calling me. But I never answered. I couldn't. The ring is not there anymore. The memories of her, I have to erase her from me. When I reach the table, she look up. Her eyes show me that she has spent the last nights crying and without sleeping. I know it because that used to be me some years ago, when she left. 

"Hi, Sooyoung." My voice sounded too hard, but, I shouldn't care, right? 

"Hi, Yeri..." She tried to smile but failed. But still, she is able to look at me with those lovely eyes even knowing that I'm the reason why she is so miserable right now. She drinks some water. "Do you want something to eat?" 

I sigh. "I'm not hungry Sooyoung, why did you tell Wendy to tell me to come here?" I tap my fingertips on the table, waiting for an answer. Then, she looked at my hand and at the finger, where the ring used to be. 

"You aren't wearing it..." She looks at her lap. I can hear her laughing a little. A sad laugh. "Yeri, you don't want to be with me again, right? That's why you have been avoiding me and that's why you aren't wearing the ring anymore." 

I play with my fingers. I have to say it, to tell her. "Do you really want to know the truth?"

JOY'S POV

I nod. But in reality, I don't want to hear it. I don't need to hear how good her life is with Seulgi. I don't want to hear that she doesn't want to be with me, that she doesn't love me. I can feel how the tears I have been holding start to make a presence in my eyes again. No, Joy, you can't cry. 

She looks at me. This is the first time she is looking at me like that. She is not showing love nor hate. She is not showing anything. "After you left the hotel room, Seulgi and I made things clear. I have never been so happy, Sooyoung." My heart starts to break a little more. "All this time, I waited for you. I can tell you, I really loved you. I loved you with all my heart that's why I never let anyone enter my heart. But when Seulgi told me her feelings I couldn't say 'No'. She spent a whole year trying to cheer me up, surprising me with breakfast in the morning every Sunday, with forehead kisses every night and with the brightest smile when I cried. A whole year I spent waiting for you, crying because of you. But it wasn't you the one who was there, it was Seulgi. I started growing feelings for her without noticing, I guess, because you were still in my head and heart. But what I really loved was the thought of us years ago when we were together. What I missed was the past, I wasn't longing for something like that in the present. I was stuck in the past and I couldn't leave it." I can't hold it anymore, I start crying. Fast, I take a tissue and try to clean my cheeks but it seems that I can't stop crying. "I'm sorry, Sooyoung. I'm so sorry for saying this, but it's the best for both of us. This is over." 

I look at her. Tears still on my cheek. She is taking her things and leaving but before she can go I hold her wrist. "This... This is how you really want it to be? That's it? The end. How can you do this to me?" 

She turns around and point her finger to my chest. "No, how could you do that to me? Huh? Tell me! Tell me, how could you leave? How could you left thinking that if you come back years later I would be waiting for you? How could you left me when you knew you were the person I needed the most? How Joy?" She starts crying. I hug her but she pushes me away. "No, leave me alone. You are the reason why I'm like this. You are the reason why our relationship is br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter