Chapter 3

Rose Scent Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Should I knock her door? Yes, I should. "Joy, you are ready, you have to do it" I tell myself but I don't know if I really am ready. There are so many 'what ifs' in my mind. What if she had a boyfriend or girlfriend? What if she hates me? What if she is married? What if she doesn't remember me? But all of those 'what ifs' won't have an answer until I knock the door. So I did. I knocked the door. 

Yeri's POV 

Someone knocked the door. Who that someone must be? I mean, it's too late. It could be Seulgi, but what is Seulgi doing here? I opened the door and I almost fall in the ground. It's her. It's really her. I can't see clearly. My head starts to feel heavy. The last thing I heard is her calling my name. 

I wake up but I'm not brave enough to open my eyes. What if everything was a dream? What if she is not here? I can feel someone touching my hair, with so much care. Then, I can feel how something fall onto my face. I can hear Joy. So, she is really here. 

"I'm sorry Yeri. I'm really sorry. I love you so much but I left you behind. I missed you so much. And now, I come back like nothing happened but I needed to see you. I needed to tell you how much I love you, how much I missed your laugh, the smell of your hair, the taste of your lips. But I just can't come back and thought that you will let me be by your side again." I heard her telling me between sobs. I can feel how another tear land in my face. "I'm sorry. I should go now, so maybe you will think that everything was just a bad dream." 

But before she can go, I hold her wrist. I open my eyes. It's not a nightmare, it's real life. "Yeri?" She asked me.

"Joy..." And I hug her. She return the hug. I can feel how she is crying again. I'm crying too. I missed her so much and now she is here. My heart is complete again. "Joy, I missed you too..." 

The hug ended. She look at me in the eyes. "You shouldn't be crying." She cleans my cheeks with her fingers. "God, you are so beautiful. You have grown up so much..." Joy's hand land on my hair. I close my eyes. I want to feel her touch and how her hand makes her way to my neck, caressing it. It had happened so much time since I felt my heart beating this fast. "I love you, Yeri. Do you still love me?" 

I open my eyes and I look at her face. She hasn't changed a lot, in fact, she seems younger. I look at my right hand. She does too. "Remember? You told me that as long as I wear this ring it would mean that I'm waiting for you. Guess what? I'm still wearing it. There were times when I missed you so much that I felt miserable. I felt miserable because I wasn't able to help you. I fell in love with you but I wasn't able to find the password to your feelings. Back at that time, I didn't care that much, all I cared about was to hold your hand and kiss you, to be able to be by your side. That was until you left. Then, I realized how immature I was, thinking that everything would be fine. I have so many questions in my mind right now but you know what?" She shook her head, so cute. "All I care about now is that you are here. You come back. You are even more beautiful than before. And I know that you are dying to know the answer to your question. Yes, I love you Joy. I always did." 

She got closer to me. She close her eyes. I do too. I feel those butterflies again, just like the last times I kissed Seulgi, what is happening to me? It's a passionate kiss but it's slow too. I don't wanna move further. I don't want her to leave me again. Her hand is on my neck. My hand is on the back of her head, touching her hair. I missed this. 

Joy's POV 

I ended the kiss and then, I kiss her forehead. She look at me with those eyes. God, how I missed those eyes. And her smile, she is smiling again. There was nothing that I wanted to see more than her smile. "You look so lovely." 
"Yes, she does." That voice...

Flashback to the day of Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter