Age: Twenty Five

Age
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The large windows in their apartment always lets in so much light in the early mornings. Joohyun stirs slightly before opening her eyes and sitting up. She brushes the strands of her hair and smiles at the sight of Seulgi deep asleep cuddling their cat, Crookshanks.

 

When they first moved in together, Joohyun was against the idea of owning any animals, they frighten her. So when Seulgi, one day, randomly brings home a kitten; Joohyun screams at the top of her lungs. To top it off, she gave the kitten a funny name – Crookshanks – due to Seulgi’s immense fascination of Harry Potter.

 

Joohyun scoffed as the cat woke up, tangled it’s way out of Seulgi’s arm and stretched. Crookshanks meowed before leaving the room, and Joohyun was pleased it was finally gone.

 

She turns back to the woman lying next to her and smiles down at her. Joohyun feathers her fingers on Seulgi’s jaws then neck and then trace the scars on her back.

 

She recalls first time they wanted to have . They both finished their finals at that time and they went out to celebrate with friends. At the end of the night they were in Seulgi’s apartment with Joohyun on top of the latter ripping her shirt off. The moment her fingers felt slight bumps, Joohyun stopped kissing and gazed at Seulgi’s body which were covered in scars. They didn’t end up having , instead Seulgi had to calm down a crying Joohyun who felt an amount of guilt for not being able to protect Seulgi in the past.

 

Joohyun smiles at the memory as she dips her head lightly kissing Seulgi’s neck. Looking at the ring on her finger and Seulgi’s, Joohyun realizes there is no use dwelling in the past; she’s finally created a future with Seulgi

 

“Joohyun, it’s a Sunday,” murmured Seulgi as she turned to cuddle her lover.

 

“We have to drive to Daegu for my parent’s anniversary,” said Joohyun softly

 

Her hand runs through Seulgi’s hair before she leans again to give a kiss on the cheek before getting out of bed. When Joohyun stepped out of the room, she saw Crookshank standing next to the cupboard where his food belongs.

 

By the time Seulgi got out of bed, she was greeted with the sight of Joohyun preparing breakfast while Crookshank was meowing around her feet.

 

“You didn’t feed him, did you?” said Seulgi, knowing fully well how much the latter despises the cat.

 

“He’s yours, not mine,” replied Joohyun as she flipped the French toast

 

Seulgi laughed as she picked her cat and gave him a kiss on his head, much to Joohyun’s distaste.

 

“When do you want to head to your parents?” asked Seulgi as she poured the cat food in a bowl

 

“Whenever you want,” replied Joohyun

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter