How It All Ends Final.

In Love With My Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because it never feels the same without Seulgi. Joohyun stares at the same apartment which she used to sleep there every time she felt down. The past five days had been like a torture to her. Wendy is here for her, even asked her if she wants to sleep at her place so she can feel better. But Joohyun knows she won't, not until the particular person comes back.

The older girl walks inside her school area alone. There's no Seulgi beside her anymore and now Joohyun can feel how empty her life is without Seulgi's presence. She wishes she knew how much Seulgi means to her earlier so she would cherish the girl and treasure every moment with her. However, being sad now will never change a thing, and Joohyun loathes it.

She doesn't know who Seulgi is to her. She's still confused about her feelings. Of course, she likes to spend time with Seulgi, she likes being with Seulgi and Seulgi always has the power to calm her down and makes her feel comfortable, but Joohyun is not sure about one certain thing—she can't say she loves Seulgi because she thinks she doesn't. How can she love Seulgi when she constantly thinks of Seulgi as one of her best friends, as someone who becomes a part of her.

"Joohyun unnie."

Joohyun lifts her head, seeing the blue ombré smiling at her somehow pains her chest more.

Joohyun is able to smile back sadly as she walks closer to Wendy.
"Hey."
She greets. Wendy looks at Joohyun who doesn't look a lively as she used to be and Wendy knows why.

"Wanna enjoy some coffee together after class?"
She asked, Joohyun is extremely weak to reject the younger now so she nods.
"Alright, see you soon then."

After watching Wendy walks away to her class. Joohyun stays still for a quite a while then she follows. Her class starts, but she doesn't care. She walks to Wendy's class, looking at the familiar seat which is now just a vacant space.

She heaves a soft sigh. Until now, she still can't believe that Seulgi is indeed leaving. She doesn't know what makes the younger left her like this? Just because she didn't reply her texts? Impossible. She knows Seulgi isn't that type of people. Because Joohyun didn't ask her to stay? Maybe. Joohyun thinks about it again. Seulgi only has her- and she's too stupid to ignore the younger when the younger has never done anything wrong to her. The girl bites her lips hard and forces herself back to her class.

For the whole period Joohyun doesn't look like she's studying at all. She takes notes but nothing that the lecturer said comes inside her head beside the same person's name.

Seulgi.

Kang Seulgi.

Now that the class finished, Joohyun walks out of her class and finds Wendy standing still waiting for her already. The older looks at Wendy, wondering why she doesn't feel her face heating anymore?

"Let's go?"
Wendy asks, Joohyun nods in reply and let Wendy holds her hand. The latter brings her to the nearby coffee shop which they came together before, the atmosphere is quiet since there is no customer inside beside them.

"Two hot chocolates, thanks."

Wendy orders and walks back to the seat which Joohyun is already there, looking outside at the views spacing out again. Wendy stays silent for a while as she keeps looking at the older girl. She smiles genuinely and looks at the waiter placing their drinks on the table and excuse himself back. Wendy takes a sip of her drink as she looks at Joohyun.

"Unnie...."

The blue calls to get the older's attention, Joohyun is a bit startled but she turns to look at Wendy anyway.

"What's it?"
Joohyun asks softly, she also takes a sip of her hot chocolate with her eyes, never leave Wendy. Recognizing the blue seriousness, Joohyun doesn't look at anywhere else beside the Canadian face.

"Well, it's been quite a while now...."

Joohyun doesn't get what Wendy means.
"It's been quite a while since I urged you to take everything slow with me... And now I think it's time...."

Joohyun gasps, she doesn't expect Wendy to say something like this in this kind of situation, not when she feels like her feeling for Wendy is loosened.

"I-i...."

"I know you're still depressed about Seulgi's departure, and i know in moment like this, you need someone to stand beside you. So, I hope you could let me be that someone, let me hold you and taking care of you, unnie. I promise I will be good to you...Joohyun unnie, will you be my girlfriend?"

Joohyun widens her eyes. If Wendy said these words three weeks ago, Joohyun wouldn't hesitate to say yes. she would definitely never even need a second to feel hesitate. But now everything is not the same anymore. All she can see and thinks about now is Seulgi, Kang Seulgi, her bestfriend.

"So...unnie? What do you say?"
Wendy asks when Joohyun has been deathly silent, the older looks down as she cannot face Wendy anymore.

"Wendy, I'm sorry....I-I cannot think clearly now, I can't make up my mind. To be very honest, you're a brilliant person. You're beautiful and kind, you've always been nothing but good to me. If you say these earlier I would never say no- but...but...Wendy, right now the only person inside my mind is Seulgi. Everything I see, every scent I can feel is hers. It looks like everywhere I go keeps nudging me of her, I can't- wendy, I'm heartily sorry..."

Joohyun feels a gentle hand grabs her shaking hand. She lifts her head up only to find a smiling Wendy, this smile looks so sincere that there's no sadness in it.

"I know that you would say so."
Wendy chuckles, tapping Joohyun's hand a few times to soothe her down.
"I just want you to realize your own feeling, unnie."

"What do you mean?"
Joohyun asks, confusion is written all over her face.

"Don't you know it? You're in love with Seulgi."

You're in love with Seulgi.

Joohyun feels her heart beats like a drum when the same sentence keeps repeating inside her head like an ancient record.

"It's Seulgi. It's always been Seulgi, but you're too blind to see yourself. Only if you could catch a glimpse of your own reflection when you're staring at her, you would know."

"What kind of stare?"

"The kind of longing stare. You look so in love when you stare at her, just like the same way she stares at you."

Joohyun bites her bottom lips. She shakes her head as she's trying to deny the unbearable feelings inside.

"Seulgi doesn't only take place inside your head and mind, but also your heart."

Wendy pauses, taking a deep breath before she adds. "Now, it's time to accept your own feelings, because you don't look at her as a friend. You look at her as someone who represents your whole world like she's your other half and she definitely is."

And Joohyun knows there's no used to denying anymore, what Wendy said is completely true.

Only if she comes to realize a bit fas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter