Don't get lost

I hope that this is just a bad dream

The scream was so loud and it sounded like someone was hurt badly. We looked each other, started to run and tried to trace where it came from. It felt like an eternity to run through the whole place and I could say that this park was the largest one where I have ever been. After a while we ended up in front of a large building which had a sign on it. “Don’t get lost. What’s that supposed to mean?” I thought to myself. We went in and now I know what it meant.

- Oh you got be kidding me… A mirror labyrinth? Yugyeom said. Just after that the door behind us slammed shut, we tried to open it but it was locked.

The music started playing again, this time it was coming from the maze. In fact it sounded like that there were many pianos in there and they all played the same song. Few minutes passed as we tried to figure out what we had to do when there was another scream, and it was also coming from the maze.

- I think whoever is in here is in danger, we should go save him! I shouted at him, because he seemed to be zoned out. He nodded and we headed into the maze without hesitation. But in a labyrinth made of mirrors it is pretty difficult to go fast.

Soon enough we found one piano, it was playing itself and it gave me creeps. There was a paper underneath the piano and there was something written in it.

- “Play it or not, the tighter the knot. Only one right that you need to find. Tightening ties, hurry or someone dies.” Oh shiet. This is not good. I’m kind of terrified now. I said to him. –How do we know which one is the right one?

- What if we try to play it? Let’s see what happens. He said and pressed one of the tiles. The maze started to change its shape and at the same time we heard someone yell, it wasn’t a scream anymore.

Even though it makes me sick to think about that we with our actions are hurting someone here, we kept trying to find this person, one piano after another. But the trick was, whenever we thought we were close, he yelled on the other side of the building. I could tell that it was him, no girl has that kind of voice.

 Finally we ended up yet another piano place, but there was a piece of paper with blood stains on it. It said: “You think it’s still alive?” I showed it up to Yugyeom, he just shook his head. He didn’t want to think about it. He just wanted to get to that person as fast as we can. I pressed one the tiles, the maze changed but there was no yelling or screaming, just a tiny groan. I was so worried that I almost started to cry.

- I bet it is close, let’s go. I said and tried to keep my tears from falling.

I was right. Behind the next corner there was another piano, but this time there was someone on the piano, tied down from his feet, hands and… neck! And the ties were tightening every time the maze changed.

- Youngjae?! Yugyeom shouted and rushed next to the piano and tried to pull up the rope that was pressing on the other ones throat. He tried to stop it from suffocating the other boy but it was not helping, it kept tightening, more and more.

- Help me! Emily, help me! He’s going unconscious! I was just standing there, shocked, I didn’t know what to do. –Come keep the rope, Emily!

I was just watching him. I stared at the other boy’s hands, they already started to change color. “He’s going to die because of us. No, it can’t happen!” It took just a few seconds for me to come back from zoning out and I went to help Yugyeom as much as I could.

- Hold it, I’m going to cut it.

- With what? How can you possibly cut it? I asked. He took a piece of glass from his pocket, the same which he used to cut our ties back in the small room.

Luckily the piece was so sharp that it didn’t take too long to cut all the ropes. But the boy was still unconscious and his hands slightly purple. He looked so young too. Maybe one year older than Yugyeom.

- Who is this? Do you know him?

- Yeah, his my friend Youngjae. Why is he here… and why all this? I could see that his eyes started to get wet from his tears.

- Hey, he’s going to be fine, alright? We were just in time to save his life. Look! His hands aren’t so purple anymore. He calmed down a little. As we waited for Youngjae to wake up, Yugyeom noticed something on his neck. It was a scar, almost identical to what he has on his forehead.

- I guess that’s where the blood is. On the paper, you remember?

- Yeah I remember, but where it came from? It isn’t from the rope. He said. At the same time I saw someone or something moving in the shadows. Maybe I’m just seeing things, or at least I hope so. I was snapped out when I heard Yugyeoms voice become happier.

- He’s coming back, hey Youngjae can you hear me?! Come on buddy wake up! Youngjae started slowly moving his arms and he tried to open his eyes but the light was too bright.

- Yugyeom..? What are you doing here? And who is she? He asked.

- I could ask you the same question, and this is Emily, she helped me to save you. I waved at him and he let out a little smile.

- Anyway, where are we?

- We’re inside a mirror labyrinth, which is part of an abandoned amusement park. I answered.

We told him all that we knew, what had happened to us and that we didn’t remember a thing. He didn’t either. All of the sudden, the maze started to change its shape rapidly. We all looked at it amazed. It’s our only way out.

- Now, how do we get out of here? Youngjae asked.