The Ferris wheel

I hope that this is just a bad dream

There were exit signs in almost every corner and as the maze changed its shape all the time, it was almost impossible to find a way out. We faced a dead end and there were also some tiny traps here and there, making it even more difficult to move around. I thought I was going insane, but then I saw a gloomy light coming behind next mirror. I swear, I had never been that relieved before. Finally we’d get out of the maze.

All of us took a deep breath when we reached outside. It was already evening (I think) and it was getting dark, few slightly broken streetlamps and some led lights which were all over the rides, were our only light source during the coming night. The worst part is that I’m scared of the dark and being in an abandoned amusement park didn’t help it at all. I was shivering. My mind was running wild and imagining all kind of things what there could be waiting in the shadows, ready to do something awful to us. I was feeling a little dizzy.

- Are you alright? You look kind a pale. Youngjae said, just inches away from my face. I could see the marks that the rope left to his throat. I felt so bad for him.

- Yeah, I think so…  What about you guys?

- Few scratches here and there, but I guess we are. Are you sure you’re alright? You’re shaking so much. Said Yugyeom.

- I’m fine, it’s the weather and the atmosphere. I clearly couldn’t tell the truth, it’s too childish at this point.

We just stood there for a couple minutes doing nothing, since everyone was thinking what we should do next. One of the streetlamp started flickering, first slowly but then the pace began to grow.

- Wait, can you hear that? Or is it just my imagination? I asked.

- No, I can hear it too. I wonder where it’s coming from… Youngjae said. I could hear a faint carnival music coming somewhere. We started to head for the direction where the music was coming from. We didn’t get far when I noticed that the Ferris wheel had started to move. It wasn’t a big one but not a tiny either. It would definitely hurt if you fell that high. There were one or two cabins that had light inside of them but one of them moved differently than the other one. Maybe there was something inside of it?

- Should we go and check it out? Youngjae asked and I nodded without even thinking further. As we arrived at the ride, we noticed that the cabin’s windows were shaded so we couldn’t see inside. We decided to go inside to the odd one and for our surprise, there was a person lying down on the seat. Something was covering it. Yugyeom wanted to know who it was, approached the person and lifted the cover.

- Jinyoung? Is that him? What is he doing in a place like this? Youngjae asked with a shaking voice,

- Is that one of your friends too? I asked. He nodded. What the hell is going on in this place…

 

- Is he awake? Hey, can you hear us? I almost shouted. Please be alright.

He moved a little. Well, at least he’s still alive, thank goodness. Yugyeom tried to shook him to wake up. Little by little he started to come around. As I could see there was no noticeable injuries in him. Only something sticky was around his feet, keeping them tied up together. I didn’t even notice that the Ferris wheel had started moving but the pace was peaceful.

- Jinyoung? Hey buddy, no don’t try to stand up yet. You okay? Youngjae asked while his holding his friend down. Jinyoung sat up, holding his head. Perhaps he hurt it?

-Where am I..? What are you guys doing in here? And who is this girl? He asked and looked at me, kind of shocked or something.

- I’ll told you the answer if I knew it myself, and her name is Emily. She helped me to escape the room where we were locked up and to save Youngjae being strangled to death. Yugyeom answered, I waved at him, I swear I was bright red at that time.

- From what?! And I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself, I’m Jinyoung. He said and bowed his head a little. When he raised his head, I think he noticed the marks on Youngjae’s throat. According to his face he was really shocked and worried. – Are you alright?

- Yes, I am. Can you stand up? Youngjae asked him?

- I guess so.. He stumbled a little because of the sticky thing on his feet. – Wow, we’re really high right now. Jinyoung said while looking out of the window. We were at the top of the ride right know. While sitting back down he tried to free his legs.

- Should we get rid of that thing? I asked while approaching his feet, ready to pull the sticky thing off. Yugyeom stopped me though. He was looking at me with a serious face.

- Let me do it. He said. As he tried to pull the thing off, his back was not far from the cabin door.

- Be careful! Youngjae had also noticed that and shouted at him. Right that moment the thing came off and Yugyeom flew against the door. But the door came loose and he flew out of the cabin. I took his hand but it was too late. I flew out with him. He managed to catch the edge with his hand while I hung on the other. We were still pretty up high. I was frightened, holding on to Yugyeom’s hand with both of my hands. But I was losing my grip, knowing that he couldn’t take much longer or both of us would fall. Youngjae and Jinyoung were holding on to Yugyeom’s other hand, preventing him from falling.

- No no no don’t let go Emily, hold on a little longer! They shouted at me. But I couldn’t. Yugyeom tried to lift me up but didn’t succeed. The Ferris wheel had stopped, it didn’t help at all. My hands were slipping. This would be it.

- Don’t you dare to let go! Jinyoung shouted but it was too late.

I lost my grip and fell fast towards the ground. Yugyeom got back up but turned to look down. I could see their shocked faces, watching as I was falling. The last words that I heard were “No, Emily, no!” before hitting the roof of some building, rolling down to the ground and slowly losing my consciousness. Is this how I die?